Which game are you playing at the moment?

I'm playing through Mass Effect. I'm a huge Bioware fan, so when I saw it going cheap, I had to buy it.
I'm not disappointed so far. It's not perfect but it's still a really great game with a really great storyline. Good stuff.

When I finish Mass Effect, I might get Smackdown vs Raw 2010. I haven't bought a wrestling game since No Mercy, but SD vs Raw 2010 is looking really good.

I don't know why, but I got the itch to go through my Final Fantasy games again. I'm currently rotating between Final Fantasy XII and Final Fantasy VII (that I downloaded on the PS3 network). I often forget how much of a masterpiece FFVII was for RPG gamers everywhere. The graphics, the music, the gameplay... it all makes me excited all over again.

I know how you feel, D-Man.

About a month ago, I decided that I wanted to play Final Fantasy games through again and bought Final Fantasy VII, X and XII. I have since completed all of them again and I feel as though my time and effort is justified. It is really strange. I go off of Final Fantasy often but I always come back to them immediately. My favourite game to play is still Final Fantasy X. I bought a new PS2 and that game especially to play it and once I had finished, I haven't touched it again. Just a tremendous game and one of my all time favourites. However, I would argue that that is the biggest strength of the Final Fantasy games... That they suck you in and after a while you can go back and play them with te same innocence and enjoyability of the first time.

I know how you feel, D-Man.

About a month ago, I decided that I wanted to play Final Fantasy games through again and bought Final Fantasy VII, X and XII. I have since completed all of them again and I feel as though my time and effort is justified. It is really strange. I go off of Final Fantasy often but I always come back to them immediately. My favourite game to play is still Final Fantasy X. I bought a new PS2 and that game especially to play it and once I had finished, I haven't touched it again. Just a tremendous game and one of my all time favourites. However, I would argue that that is the biggest strength of the Final Fantasy games... That they suck you in and after a while you can go back and play them with te same innocence and enjoyability of the first time.

I love you, Dave. You and I are totally on the same page here. Well, except that my favorite FF game is #8. I'm just a big fan of Squall. He was such a badass.

As for FFX, the game was all great except for the the lead character. He just seemed so damn whiny to me. But, besides that, the storyline was great, graphics were incredible, and the sidequests really kept you glued to the TV.

Truth be told, I never beat FF9, FFX, or FFXII.

FF9 just got really boring to me after a while and the storu never really grabbed me. Plus, I'm not all that big into my heroes having a fucking tail. However, the game seemed to really cater to children and it had some good comedy. It sort of reminded me of Final Fantasy III/VI.

I'm still busy trying to get every single ultimate weapon in FFX. I refuse to even try to beat Sin without them all. But, that's how stubborn I am about those games. I won't beat the game unless I truly BEAT the game. Unless I get everything that the game has to offer, it's not worth seeing the ending (even though I know how it ends, anyway).

Final Fantasy XII is very interesting to me. Playing it the second time around is really making me appreciate the changes that were made from FFX and the true differentiation between the games. First of all, the storyline is very cookie-cutter (kingdoms, knights, war), but extremely well-detailed. It's a shame that the great acting used in the voiceovers probably goes unnoticed. The characters are very well done and all look badass and determined. The battle system is more exciting and seamless because of the elimination of a new screen everytime a fight begins. Fights end much quicker, seem more realistic, and you really feel like you're constantly advancing in the game while they're happening. The only thing that annoys me is the license grid. I mean, it's hard enough that Gil isn't as prominent in the game as much as getting loot from enemies and selling it for cash. But now you have to gain license points from each battle AND gain enough Gil to buy equipment, spells, armor, gambits, items, AND techniques?!?! It's really overboard.

All in all, I'm glad that I'm going through them again. It's really making me appreciate the series again and look forward to the first installment on the PS3 system. From the looks of the previews on YouTube and the official FF site, it looks absolutely breathtaking.

Dead Space: Extraction

After visiting this site on a daily basis, I kept noticing the advertising for a new Dead Space game for the Wii. When I found out that it was a rail shooter (a deterrent for some, but not for me) I went out out and picked it up within a week.

This game is easily the deepest, most well put together rail shooter I have ever played, I really enjoyed House of the Dead: Overkill, but Dead Space Extraction blew it out of the water, best use of graphics I have seen to date for the Nintendo Wii. I would recommend this for anyone who enjoys holding a plastic gun in their hands and blasting the shit out of some ugly fuckin' aliens!

I just got Kingdom Hearts 358/2 and have been playing that for a while. While a tad repetitive in the sense that most missions are the same and that I see the same worlds again it is very good. They really pushed the ds graphic wise and it looks amazing. The keyblades in the game to me are the best looking out of any in the series and I love the concept of how you have to equip weapons, levels, items, and magic in the panel system. It's very original and I really like it. The multiplayer on it is great too. Being able to play as any member of the organization is really fun and it really separates this from the other 3. All in all a great game and any KH fan should definitely get it.

Currently I'm playing Skate2, being that I'm a skater that game has been a very important part of my life. It hypes me up for a good skate session.
Whoo!!!!

Football Manager 2010. I got it on Friday, played it for a few hours, then went away for the weekend. Just getting properly into it now. The Football Manager series is by far and away the most addictive games I have ever played, and this one is no different. I lost track of the amount of times my mind wandered to my tactics over this weekend.

There aren't many new fancy features on this game, they have just tweaked some old ones. The 3D pitch is a hell of a lot better, interaction with your staff is much improved and you can now create your own tactics with your chosen mentality. Not that mine ever work.

I will definitely be failing this year at Uni due to the game. For all the footballing Brits out there, buy it. Now.

don't forget Dragon Age Origins which releases on tuesday! I will be playing that game alllll day....... but yea right now I'm playing FIFA manager 10 by EA. F.C Barcelona FTW lol.....

MegaMan Legends 2
Yeah, I know, you're probably sick and tired of me extolling the virtues of this one, but it really is one of my favorite games of all time. I'm playing it again, and I forgot just how great it was. People bitch about it not being MegaMan ("MegaMan should be 2D and hard as fuck", one of my friends said) but to me it is THE way to succesfully translate a 2D franchise to 3D. It's absolutely stellar, and just as hard as the old MegaMan games.
The story is excellent, with humorous and mostly believable dialogue, and it's just a damn fun game.

My first post in the Video Games section. Awesome.

As far as what game I have been rocking out lately. Assassin's Creed. When it first came out and I got it, damn it was a lot of fun, and it had been racking up dust for a while. But with Assassin's Creed II coming out in two weeks to the day, I need to get back into AC discreet killing mode. Just absolutely love the game play, and going back into the story and doing some of the missions I didn't get done are quite fun. Can't wait for the second one.

Actually in the next few weeks I'll probably also brush back up on Modern Warfare and NHL '09, as I will be buying Modern Warfare 2 and NHL 10 upon receiving my next paycheck in two weeks.

At the moment I am playing NBA 2k10. It has an amazing game mode on it called My Player. It is where you create your own player and take him through training camp and become an NBA player. It is outstanding. The 2K series is really dominating the sports video games.

Aside from that I find myself trying to get all of the achievments on games like Left 4 Dead, trying to get ready for L4D 2. I do this just to kill time.

At the moment I'm really enjoying getting back into Fallout 3.
I girst got it on the recommendations of several friends, and was immediately struck by the sheer size of it. How deep it is, how vast the landscape is, how there's always something to do.

Trust me, you could never get bored of this game.

I am saving up my monies to go bu Football Manager 2010 though. And Modern Warfare 2. And Assassins Creed II.

Shit.

Batman Arkham Asylum for me. I'm currently at the point of being in Killer Croc's lair area. My friend let me borrow this a few days ago and I can't stop playing it. Killing simple guards is really fun and hasn't gotten old yet unlike it can in other games. Boss battle seem to be too easy though.

back in february i bought street fighter 4 and i havent gotten off it ever since. i pride myself on that game. i talk mess to everyone in that game because i back it up with pure skill. i have almost 300 hours on that game and going. i train and train and train some more. i turn the game on and go straight to training mode to make sure every combo i use is connectly correctly for me that day. then i dive into championship mode for hours and hours and hours. i love that game and the only game that can get me off street fighter 4 is street fighter 5! and that aint even in production yet so yea i'll be on street fighter 4 for a damn long time to come. if anyone feels they are a challenge in that game please feel free to hit me up. JB Blazn is the gametag as the sig says. im on xbox 360 and will be waiting.

Lately, I have tried to inject some life back into my dying xbox 360 by buying some very expensive games that I have not played as much as I should or would like to. It started when I bought FIFA 10. I gave that a shot and to be honest, it is just like the last game and I played that to the death. Although it is a good game, I played it a lot when ti came out and I haven't really gotten back to it yet. The next game I bought was Operation Flashpoint: Dragon Rising. I literally have no idea why I don't play this game. Listen to how pathetic this is, I bought the game, played the first mission, died and have never played it since. WTF!?

Anyway, the two games that I have been playing consistently are Call Of Duty: Modern Warfare 2 and Smackdown vs Raw 2010. Both games are very good and do exactly what they have set out to do. Call of Duty is exceptional and is really a spectacular game. SvR is pretty decent too and definitely worth a look.

I'm actually playing both Lips: Number one Hits and WWE Smackdown Vs Raw 2010 on 360 at the moment, more SVR 2010 though for the achievements (seeing as last year's SVR was the first game I got 1000/1000 achievement points on)

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back