What do you think are the most underworked matches of the 2000's?

The Raven's Epitaph

Getting Noticed By Management
Don't get the wrong idea about me, I love WWE. I started watching in 1999 just when the Attitude Era was arguabally at it's highest. I'm still an avid fan now, but what I'm about to say; I sincerely hope some of you don't take the wrong way.

What do you think the most underworked matches are from 2000 onwards? What I'm trying to say is that SOME <- READ IT; SOME! of the matches have lacked that "it" factor.

So, try and keep it as clean and be respecting of other people's opinions as you can. What do you think the most underworked matches are since the year 2000?

Here are mine (in no particular order)

Wrestlemania 20 - Goldberg vs. Brock Lesnar
Personally I think that this match could have been one of the highlights of Wrestlemania 20, but instead the match was rushed when it actually began. The crowd was dead throughout the match and the match itself consisted of your typical and standard wrestling manuvers, followed by one or two finishers by both Brock Lesnar and Goldberg. Stone Cold was the special referee and did nothing constructive up until the end of the match when Goldberg won, and all he did was give both Brock Lesnar and Goldberg a stunner.

Money in the Bank 2010 - RAW Money in the Bank
This match was incredibly sloppy and lacked, again; the "it" factor. It started off slow and didn't have much action compared to the Smackdown Money in the Bank. I thought that there were too many ladders being set up at one single time for anybody to even dream about climbing one of them and the match itself looked poorly worked, rushed and not thought out. The only positive thing about this match personally, was the outcome.

Hell in a Cell 2009 - Legacy vs. Degeneration X
The single most boringest and poorly worked matched I have ever had the displeasure of watching. I'm going to keep this one short because it literally pains me to even have to write about this match, nevermind watch the cascade. Shawn Michaels ended up being locked in the Cell itself for about 10 minutes, whilst Triple H was elsewhere. Legacy did the most boring beatdown I have ever seen, and the outcome couldn't have come sooner. If you've watched this PPV and seen this match, then you'll know where I'm coming from and that it isn't worth talking about.

For now, I think that's all I can come up with. (Cut me some slack, it's actually 00:23am and they were off the top off my head.) Let me know what you think are the most underworked matches since the year 2000.

I 100% agree with Lesnar/Goldberg. Not that Goldberg is a Technical Shredding Machine in the ring. But, his move set includes, if nothing else, IMPACT. Lesnar cold sell the shit out of a move when he wanted to. See Taker's chokeslam on him.

Sure Lesnar could sometimes be green in the ring and sort of uncaring about his opponents well being. I don't think it was his anger towards another guy, I just think he sometimes felt a guy would land differently or something.

One thing though, Lesnar could GO inside those ropes. With him and Goldberg even just sticking to their usual moves, this match could have been an epic. Each guy doing to each other what most guys can't. Throwing each other around the ring and what not. High impact moves.

It just feels if there was more effort in this match, even if just a small amount, it could have been a classic. It was obvious neither guy truly cared anymore, since they both were leaving.

I see no reason to list another one. This to me is probably the most under worked match in the history of the business. At least coming from 2 guys with the skills and star power as each possessed. Also, coming at not just Wrestlemania, but the 20th Anniversary of Wrestlemania!

I agree Brock Lesnar vs Goldberg at WrestleMania XX was one of the most underworked matches EVER! This match had potential to be a classic! Both men were on their way out of the WWE anyways they should have atleast put in the effort and put on a good showing on their way out. This match could have been a WrestleMania moment of the ages. Instead all we got was basically both of them posing inside the ring for nearly five to ten minutes straight, locking up one or two times tossing each other around, and when the match really did get heated up it ended before it reached it's peak. So you want to talk about underworked matches this is an prime example of underworked.

Another underworked match would probably be at Over The Limit this year... Edge vs Randy Orton. I expected so much more from both men... It was the Main Event of the night to some people, but this match was just slow and adding onto the ending when both of them got a Ring Out Count added onto the disappointment. For some reason Edge and Randy Orton just don't work well together and this match showed exactly why. This was another underworked match in my eyes.

Don't get the wrong idea about me, I love WWE. I started watching in 1999 just when the Attitude Era was arguabally at it's highest. I'm still an avid fan now, but what I'm about to say; I sincerely hope some of you don't take the wrong way.

What do you think the most underworked matches are from 2000 onwards? What I'm trying to say is that SOME <- READ IT; SOME! of the matches have lacked that "it" factor.

So, try and keep it as clean and be respecting of other people's opinions as you can. What do you think the most underworked matches are since the year 2000?

Here are mine (in no particular order)

Wrestlemania 20 - Goldberg vs. Brock Lesnar
Personally I think that this match could have been one of the highlights of Wrestlemania 20, but instead the match was rushed when it actually began. The crowd was dead throughout the match and the match itself consisted of your typical and standard wrestling manuvers, followed by one or two finishers by both Brock Lesnar and Goldberg. Stone Cold was the special referee and did nothing constructive up until the end of the match when Goldberg won, and all he did was give both Brock Lesnar and Goldberg a stunner.

Money in the Bank 2010 - RAW Money in the Bank
This match was incredibly sloppy and lacked, again; the "it" factor. It started off slow and didn't have much action compared to the Smackdown Money in the Bank. I thought that there were too many ladders being set up at one single time for anybody to even dream about climbing one of them and the match itself looked poorly worked, rushed and not thought out. The only positive thing about this match personally, was the outcome.

Hell in a Cell 2009 - Legacy vs. Degeneration X
The single most boringest and poorly worked matched I have ever had the displeasure of watching. I'm going to keep this one short because it literally pains me to even have to write about this match, nevermind watch the cascade. Shawn Michaels ended up being locked in the Cell itself for about 10 minutes, whilst Triple H was elsewhere. Legacy did the most boring beatdown I have ever seen, and the outcome couldn't have come sooner. If you've watched this PPV and seen this match, then you'll know where I'm coming from and that it isn't worth talking about.

For now, I think that's all I can come up with. (Cut me some slack, it's actually 00:23am and they were off the top off my head.) Let me know what you think are the most underworked matches since the year 2000.

Lesnar Goldberg i didn't see since i started watching wrestling only a couple years ago.

I expect so much more in the Money in the Bank for RAW. But it seemed like it was all Edge, Jericho, and Morrison. Then the Miz gets knocked down once hes out until the end o fthe match which ended early and wins. I expected a lot more

DX vs. Legacy: I witnessed this match live and I nearly fell asleep. It was boring. HHH got locked out and was missing for like 20 minutes. For a minute I thought he turned heel by walking out but no. After 20 minutes, he finally comes (TWSS):lmao: . And, honestly, I can't really remember the rest. I know DX won but thats it.

umm ok the match randy and edge had was going good but randy pop his shoulder why taunting the rko smashing his knuckles on the floor thats why it end up that way, u seen there match on raw years ago i think 2007,it was great

You can't put the 2010 Raw MITB match in the same category of terrible as Goldberg vs Lesnar...ever. No, it wasn't all that exciting, but it wasn't nearly the worst match of the 2000s. Goldberg and Lesnar put on the most boring match in WWE history, hands down. The only two I have watched that even come close are, as you said, the DX vs. Legacy Hell in a Cell, and the Ironman match between John Cena and Randy Orton.

I just got done watching RAW's Money in the Bank Match and I can see what you mean by the sloppyness, but it was not that bad.

Goldberg/Lesnar was gutting! :(

Around that time (a bit earlier) Smackdown Here Comes The Pain was out, the best non caw match to have was Goldberg Vs Lesnar due to the similar sizes and good move sets. I remember playing it thinking 'If this match was real it would be epic!' So, so wrong with that one! You would have thought ,even with them both leaving, that they could have put some pride into the preformance. It was fucking Wrestlemania after all!

Kinda shows how little respect they both had for the WWE that they couldn't even be bothered giving us a throw and slam-fest.

Goldberg vs Lesnar at WM XX was by far the worst matches that I've ever seen. Both competitors literally did nothing for about 5 minutes before a series of finishers and the pinfall. Stone Cold's Stunners were the best part of that match.

I remember watching a match on youtube between CM Punk vs Elijah Burke or Shelton Benjamin on youtube one day that was the sloppiest match I've seen. It happened on an episode of ECW and it was honestly sloppier and had more botches then a Kelly Kelly match.

Lastly, Big Show vs Khali at Backlash 2008 was a match that literally put me to sleep. They should've aired their backstage fight over the contest they had in the ring that night.

Hope this helped...I'm relatively new to the forums. :blush:

Goldberg/Lesnar was the absolute worst match I have ever seen, at least with people in the match I actually cared about, took forever to get started, then it was nothing, then stunners.... my only thought after that match was... "what the fuck was THAT?!?!?" one of the most memorable matches of all time for all the wrong reasons

Yes, Goldberg/ Lesnar blew but in fairness they were sent out to have the match they had. The visual of Shane McMahon happily joining the boo boys along with both competitors getting shown up by an EX wrestler. Vince wanted to make an example of two of the biggest names at the time having the audacity to leave (Lesnar to try for a football career and Goldberg who found the terms of a potential new contract unacceptible).

As far as lackluster matches - Tripper Vs Scott Steiner. This really looked like Trips did not want Steiner to get over.

The Great Khali Vs Batista in that terrible bamboo structure - Can't really blame Khali as he's terrible but Dave really looked like the match was below him.

Shawn Michaels Vs Hulk Hogan - Shawn has admitted that he deliberately sabotaged this match due to Hogan's refusal to return the favour of losing. Not really fair for people shelling out their money for the PPV though.

I remember watching a match on youtube between CM Punk vs Elijah Burke or Shelton Benjamin on youtube one day that was the sloppiest match I've seen. It happened on an episode of ECW and it was honestly sloppier and had more botches then a Kelly Kelly match.
This the one?
[YOUTUBE]<object width="480" height="385"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/dnyO4KzQfjc?fs=1&amp;hl=en_US"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/dnyO4KzQfjc?fs=1&amp;hl=en_US" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="480" height="385"></embed></object>[/YOUTUBE]
I have to say that that was the worst match I've ever seen for very, very obvious reasons.
Another terrible match was Lesnar vs. Goldberg at Mania 20 because I mean, they literally just stood there for 5 minutes, and had the most boring, snoozefest of a match that there could've been.
I didn't actually see DX vs. Legacy because I knew the PPV would suck major ass, but from what I'm hearing, I'm not very surprised. DX was awful in 09-10, so a shitty match against Legacy of all teams doesn't surprise me.
EDIT: Could someone fix the video?

I agree with everone else about Goldberg and Lesner at Mania. It was really bad.

I have to say too that the Prison match with Kahli and i think it was Big Slow. VERY BAD!!! It was gonna be Undertaker vs Kahli or maybe it was Batista and Kahli. It was the first Prison match in WWE and it was terrible and the 2nd was too. They were both so bad i cant remember who it was in the matches but they SUCKED!!!

Thats all i got.

Stone Cold Steve Austin stunned Bill Goldberg in the middle of the ring Madison Square Garden , Wrestlemania 20 ! thats your "wrestlemania moment"

I was there and obviously the match sucked but thats what makes it so rememberable . The crowd really got to Lesner , it was great . Watch that match again take it for what it worth and enjoy it .

This the one?
[YOUTUBE]<object width="480" height="385"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/dnyO4KzQfjc?fs=1&amp;hl=en_US"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/dnyO4KzQfjc?fs=1&amp;hl=en_US" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="480" height="385"></embed></object>[/YOUTUBE]
I have to say that that was the worst match I've ever seen for very, very obvious reasons.
Another terrible match was Lesnar vs. Goldberg at Mania 20 because I mean, they literally just stood there for 5 minutes, and had the most boring, snoozefest of a match that there could've been.
I didn't actually see DX vs. Legacy because I knew the PPV would suck major ass, but from what I'm hearing, I'm not very surprised. DX was awful in 09-10, so a shitty match against Legacy of all teams doesn't surprise me.
EDIT: Could someone fix the video?

I can't see the video but if its filled with sloppiness and just pure terrible in-ring then yes that's it. I remember watching it and saying that its on Lesnar/Goldberg level:lol:

Goldberg/ Lesnar was definitely the worst match when it comes to "delivering as per expectations". Two of the biggest stars of their times gave a pathetic show. It could've been comparable to Austin/ Rock, or maybe even better because these guys could wrestle better than Austin or Rock and were also bigger/ stronger, but they just failed miserably.

Hogan/ Rock was another match which could've been worked better because it didn't deliver as per the hype. You had 2 of the biggest stars out there, but the match wasn't technically that great. Anyways, we couldn't expect much technicality in the match either because the Rock was more of an "entertainer on the mic" than a "technical wrestler" and Hogan was also more of a "big man" than a technical wrestler, moreover he was also very old. The match was so bad that after it was over, JR had to say "in my estimation the match lived up to the hype" and I guess Jerry Lawler or whoever was commentating with him had to say "yes". Compare that match with the other match which had a similar or bigger hype to it - Undertaker vs Shawn Michaels, and they always delivered despite their age.

I'd have to say Triple H vs Jeff Hardy vs Vladimir Kozlov at Survivor Series 08. The match was horribly worked and the ending didn't make any sense at all. If you don't remember, Jeff Hardy was attacked by a mystery man who turned out to be Matt Hardy. So at first the match was Vladimir Kozlov and Triple H. About 12 minutes into an already sloppy and confusing match, Vickie Guerrero came out and said "He's here, he's here"! Now, Edge was sent to "hell" by the Undertaker at that years Summerslam, and wasn't seen from for months. Everyone in the audience assumed Vickie was talking about Jeff Hardy, but instead Edge's music played and he ran out into the match. Then Jeff Hardy ran out and attacked Edge after Edge gave Kozlov a spear. After he was done with Edge, Hardy turned to HHH and gave him a swanton. After the swanton, Edge came in and speared Hardy and pinned HHH ftw. One of the worst worked matches I've ever seen

Buddrunk420 that match was Undertaker vs The Big Show in a Punjabi Prison Match and to be honest it was a pretty good match! Just thought I'd correct you on that one. Batista vs The Great Khali is the one which I believe sucked.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back