• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

Match of The Decade (2000-2010

These are some of my favourite matches of the decade.

Undertaker Vs. Shawn Michaels, WM 25 & 26- Great emotion and great storytelling. Had some solid mark-out spots and I almost thought Taker's streak was gonna be broken in the former of those two matches.

Edge And Christian Vs. The Hardy Boyz Vs. The Dudleys, Ladder Match, WM 16- I'm surprised no one mentioned this. No doubt one of the best Ladder matches of all time. We saw the likes of Hardy and Edge taking painful bumps and some extreme ladder falls and tables crashes. I'm surprised Edge was healthy enough to go on to become a 10-time World Champion.

Angle vs HBK, WM 21- Do I need to say anything? You saw some great technical and ever high-flying moves but the best part for me about the match was when Angle had locked HBK in the Ankle Lock for almost eight minutes. Classic Match.

HHH vs HBK vs Benoit, WM 20- Really? Do I need to explain about this also?

Hands down: Undertaker vs Shawn Michaels at Wrestlemania XXV!!!

Often cited by many as the greatest match in the history of Wrestlemania itself, and it's not for a vain reason. We had two great legends that had each been wrestling for a very long time. They had never met on the grandest stage and hadn't had much communication with each other for about 11 years since their feud in the late 90's. This match had high expectations and it surpassed everyone's opinions. This match had some of the greatest in ring-story telling that I have ever witnessed in my lifetime. As far as storyline goes it was built up very well. As far as in ring action goes, it was a privilege to watch. As far as ring psychology goes, it was a master class. As far as crowd reaction goes, that much crowd reaction hasn't been seen since Hogan vs The Rock. On a side note there was a spot where the Undertaker flew over the top rope & HBK moved out of the way sending Undertaker straight to the floor. Undertaker landed head first into the cameraman & a crunching noise was heard. I honestly thought for 5 seconds that The Undertaker had broken his neck & died live at Wrestlemania, thank God he didn't! Every few days I watch the youtube video titled 'Shawn Michaels vs Undertaker- WM XXV highlights and I never got bored. This match was light vs darkness and it didn't need to be about titles because the match was bigger than that. The crowds were erupting as each man defied the odds and repeatedly kicked out of finisher moves and signature moves. Some of my friends who attended the event even told me the security, who was supposed to guard the stadium, were going nuts during the match! John Cena, Edge, Big Show, Triple H, and Randy Orton fell flat on their faces when they tried to follow this match afterwards, proving just how far the difference of their level was. This was about 30 minutes long and was the best match in wrestling I have ever watched on my TV....if not ever.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back