Best PPV of the Decade: 2000's

Ruthless-RKO

F*ck Friends, Rather die wiv ma AK!
With over a hundred to choose from...from WWF/E, WCW, ECW, TNA, ROH JAPAN PROMOTIONS etc.

What would you say was the best PPV of the Decade???

This is pretty tough so I will have a few honourable mentions...

But What I think was the best, WrestleMania X-Seven...for obvious reasons, I live in the UK and I had to watch this at midnight or 1am I think and when I watched it, I was on the edge of my sofa the whole night, not once did I even blink my eyes because it was so amazining...Many great matches stand out from the night including the opening match, Benoit vs Angle, McMahon vs McMahon, TLC II, Taker vs HHH and of course the main event The Rock vs Stone Cold II...arguably the best ppv ever!!

Honourable Mentions
Summer Slam 2002 - I think this has to be the best Summer Slam of all time...such a great card and the title for the main event...Brock vs Rock...

WrestleMania XX - This has to be a night to remember...Takers return, Cena winning the US championship, Benoits win and emotional ending, Guerrero vs Angle etc..

WrestleMania XXIV - The first Mania I wacthed in years, it was a good card as well, Flair retirement, interpromotional match, Mayweather vs Big Show and the main event had me biting my nails...

Bound For Glory IV - Some may disagree with me on this one but I felt this ppv is the best TNA ppv so far...the card was really strong and the MEM storyline was kicking in, the card included the steel asylum match, the tag team monsters ball match, the 3 way dance match, Jarrett vs Angle(amamzing) and the main event where 2 years running Sting became TNA World champion at BFG...Nash returning as well turning of Samoa Joe was great aswell..

What would you say???
There are soo many, so pick carefully!!

Remember the decade is from 2000-2009!! Do not include ppv's from 2010!! thank you!

I agree with you; WM X-7 is for me, the best pay per view for the 2000's, if not ever. For me, after WM 19, this was the last ppv not to have a slightly tacky feel (exception goes to ECW One Night Stand on that one). It was brilliant from start to finish, had some of the biggest spots in history (TLC II), had an EPIC hardcore match (Raven/Kane/Big Show) and the McMahons match was epic in every sense. THAT jump through THAT announcers table, and the coast-to-coast. Taker and HHH just had tht awesome feel to it, and was more of a street fight than an actual match. Then the Main Event; in my opinion the best WM main event ever, and the biggest heel turn ever. Like you, I live in the UK and I had to videotape it, and made sure my friends at school didn't spoil it for me. Truely epic

A couple of honourable mentions for me -

One Night Stand 2005

This was my first true exposure to ECW and since then I've looked up so many ECW matches. It left me in awe like nothing else, from Jericho/Storm to Little Guido/Tajiri/Super Crazy, and Awesome/Tanaka. OMG. And Heyman's and RVD's respective promo's were golden too. The crowd there just made it so special to watch, even on a TV screen, and I still get shivers down my spine watching it.

Royal Rumble 2001

The rumble match itself was brilliant; everyone thought Austin would win it beforehand, then when it came to the Rumble itself Kane was easily the favorie, eliminating something like 11 people. The undercard was great too; Benoit/Jericho ladder match is still in my top 5 of matches I've ever seen, and the WWE title match between HHH and Angle was very very good as well.

Chaos brought up a couple ppv's that are hard to top..

I agree with Royal Rumble 2001 needing to be mentioned at least in this. That ladder match is top 5 all time in ladder matches.

Also RRKO, you mentioned BFG.. but I feel the best BFG was 05'.

Samoa Joe at the time was still undefeated and just rolling through people. You put him and Liger together and you know great things are coming.

You also had Rhino's triumph night where he wrestled 3 matches within an hour. It's hard to over shadow Rhino on that night, but I think AJ vs Daniels Ironman match might of.. that is how good the card was.

Also you have to mention Wrestlemania X-Seven.

The night was filled was amazing matches.

The best ladder match ever

One of the best heel turns ever

A gimmick battle royal that was very bad, but at the same time great.

Angle vs. Benoit... Do i need to explain?

even the hardcore title had people talking about the ppv.

Wrestlemania X-7 the obvious choice here (my first WM i watched) The whole card was awesome top to bottom featuring the best of all Austin/Rock 's matches as well. Taker/HHH was chaos as was TLC 2 (better than tlc 1 imo).

Others:
Wrestlemania XIX- As far as star power this is probably the most for any WM. Brock/Angle, Austin/Rock (Austins Last Match), McMahon/Hogan, Jericho/HBK (in the show stealer for the night), Taker, HHH, and Guerrero on the card as well.

Survivor Series 2002 Always one of my personal Fave's. The first elimination chamber match has never been duplicated in quality since. 40 plus minuets of action. With a returning HBK walking out with his only world title of his return. Also a great 3 way tag.

Vengeance 2001 First undisputed champion series. three great matches. As well as an awesome hardcore title match featuring Undertaker and RVD.

TNA Lockdown 2009 My favorite TNA PPV. Sting/Foley was good. Lethal Lockdown was great. There was a doomsday chamber of blood match as well as some great knockout and X division matches in the last 6 sides of steel ppv.

I ain't a huge WWE fan eventhough i think wrestlemania 20 was rly awesome, great matches / performence and overall it was a very entertaining PPV but then we have Lockdown 2010, that's the best PPV of all times in my opinion so far, AMazing matches and with a big audience of 2000-3000 I think it was still one of the best for me atleast.

I'd have to go with WM 17. It had a great atmosphere, the wrestling was perfect, and there were 3 CLASSIC WARS, this all made the show legendary!

There were a lot of good to great PPVs in the span of this decade. So, here are my top choices:

Top Pick: WrestleMania X-Seven: What hasn't been said about this PPV that hasn't already been said? The crowd was electric, the matches were mostly awesome, and the heel turn at the end caught everyone by surprise. It's still shocking even today. This was the swan song for the Attitude Era, and it definitely delivered.

No Way Out 2001- This PPV was very good as well. The only real bust on this PPV was Lawler vs. Richards. Other than that, every match served its purpose. The 3 Stages of Hell Match delivered for the most part, and The Rock and Kurt Angle had a great WWF Championship match at the end.

ECW One Night Stand 2006- Forget what happened to the ECW brand after this show for a second and take the PPV as it is. This was a great PPV where the filler was short and the matches dominated the show. The Six Person Intergender Tag Match is probably my favorite "extreme rules" match I've seen. Cena vs. RVD was one of those matches where the fan interaction with the talent made the match. Who can ever forget the "If Cena Wins, We Riot" signs or the multiple throwbacks of Cena's t-shirt? I posted a review on the old school PPVs thread if you want to read more.

Definately Unanimous it's WrestleMania X7

The best WrestleMania in history has to be the best PPV of its own decade. It was that amazing!

The match against HHH was one of Taker's best matches and though may not been his biggest threat of losing was his most hardcore brawl style bout. That was the most badass Taker Mania match in history the way they slugged it out

TLC was extremely awesome, you had great technical wrestling a great Divas bout, the unforgettable Hardcore Triple Threat, much more and then the Main Event that won Match of the Decade with HBK/Taker coming in 2nd in WWE's Top 10 Matches of 2000

Instead of the BIG 4 PPV im going to go with one of the best non BIG 4 ppv and that is Vengence 05 you had everything to love on this event Cena-Jericho-Christan in a Triple Threat for the WWE TITLE in a good match not the best but very entertaining nonetheless you had HBK-ANGLE II a rematch from thier awesome WM 21 Match and it lived up to the hype what a great match that was with HBK getting redemption from Mania then you had BATISTA defending his title in a HELL IN A CELL against HHH which can only be described as absolutely brutal when has anyone ever thought of wrapping a chair in barbed wire i never seen Foley do that in any of his matches never even seen it in ECW very inventive and what a great visual seeing HHH with the sledge in his hand during the Batista Bomb and couldn't pull the trigger in time great PPV

My top pick is also Wrestlemania 17. It featured two of the biggest icons ever Steve Austin and The Rock, The main event was one, which will never be forgotten, Stone Cold suprising us all when he sold his soul to the Devil and turned heel (even if it didn't last that long) two of the biggest superstars in the industry fought in an epic battle. Taker/HHH was an amazing battle as well. but to me TLC II was the match of the night. death defying moves that we never seen that launched the careers of 6 wrestlers. other great matches, McMahon vs McMahon-who knew they could really put on one of the greatest matches of the night, Kane/Big Show/Raven, Benoit/Angle (Holy shit), Gimmick Battle Royal-ehh not bad, it was mostly entainment for the fans... Wrestlemania 17, perhaps one of the greatest ever.

Also i'd say No Way Out 2005. Eddie upsetting Brock for the WWE Championship. Truely emotional night. the Card wasnt the greatest but the Championship match pretty much did it for me.

Breaking the streak here and saying that WMXIX is the best PPV of the 2000s. Stone Cold and the Rock's last match, Michaels/Jericho, Hardy/Mysterio (often overlooked), Angle/Lesnar despite the SSP botch...oh and the fact it was in my hometown of Seattle doesn't hurt either.

Its gotta be Wrestlemania X7 HHH/Taker, Angle/Benoit, TLC 2 and Rock/Austin I really dont think that any PPV will ever top this

Honorable Mentions

Summerslam 2002: The only problem I have with this PPV is that i think the HHH/HBK match should have gone on last other than that you have Mysterio/Angle (Opening the PPV, when thats your first match you know youre got a good PPV), Y2J/Flair, Edge/Eddie, RVD/ Beniot, HHH/HBK and Brock/Rock

WM XIX: This is a very clode 2nd to WMX7 on the list best manias ever the only problem is the weak first hour and a half - two hours but once you get past that you have HBK/Y2J, HHH/Booker, Hogan/Mcmahon, Austin/Rock, Brock Angle.

Royal Rumble 2001: Probably the best Rumble (PPV not match) ever when you have 5 matches on a card four of them are championship matches and one is the rumble you know you have a stacked card. The only bad match is Chyna vs Ivory and that was really more about the angle so its not too bad otherwise you have E&C vs The Dudleys, Benoit/Jericho, HHH/Angle and The Royal Bumble Match

I must agree with everyone about WM X7, it was the first bit of wrestling I was ever able to watch, I bought the VHS not knowing what was in store but by the end of watching the event I was wrestling my own pillow. My favorite match of the night was the 3 way hardcore match, followed closely by the jaw-dropping, table-breaking, 3-D'ing, Edge-Spearing TLC II.

My Honorable Mentions:
Survivor Series 2001: It was WWE's all-star game, with the best of WWE vs. The Alliance with a great cage match, US/Intercontinental Unification match, immunity battle royal, and of course the Main Event Fight for Survival.

Royal Rumble 2000: Except for the disturbing, and barely censored I might add, Mae Young Incident, this PPV was one of the best I have ever watched. The Hardys and Dudleys definitely got the crowd warmed up, and Cactus/HHH blew the roof off with violence and gore that makes today's WWE look like a Disney Movie.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back