Best Divas Match or Matches: The 2000's

kingrko

Behold the King.. The King of Kings
Putting it simply, Divas matches haven't neccessarily been what they were during the Attitude Era of the WWE. A majority of divas now have little in ring experience and their ring work can be sloppy. Nevertheless, that hasn't stopped some of the more talented divas from putting on some great matches.

1. Trish Stratus vs Lita: Women's Championship

I know, there have been several Women's Championship bouts between these two, quite possibly greatest recent divas of all time. The one that I'm talking about took place in 2004 I think, in December. In fact I think this match was actually the main event on Raw! A great back and forth match that finally saw Lita get the win. (Yes!)

2. Beth Phoenix vs Melina: I Quit Match.

I think this match took place just at One Night Stand this year. Easily the most physically brutal matchup we've seen from divas in a while, possibly not since the Attitude Era. Although Beth Phoenix, predicatably, got the win, the final hold she locked on Melina to win the match truly looked like it hurt. I give this match a nod for the sheer viciousness (for a divas match anyway, which doens't neccassarily compete with the viciousness of the men's I quit matches.) these divas showed. If Melina hadn't been injured I think this great feud could've still been going.

In recent times, WWE have really started to amp up the quality of the Divas matches. As of right now, the female division in the WWE is at the best it's been since the Attitude Era. There haven't been THAT many great ones though, but some are memorable and indeed, good matches.

The only one that comes to mind is Trish Stratus vs. Mickie James at WrestleMania 22. One of the best female wrestling contests I've seen, and actually one of the better matches on that WrestleMania's (severely lacking) card. Oh yeah, and any Beth Phoenix match is a joy to watch. Call me a destructive sadistic bastard, I just like seeing those pretty faces get smashed. No wonder I can't score a date these days...

Mickie James vs. Trish Stratus - Wrestlemania 22 and New Years Revolution 2006

It was obvious that both girls had great chemistry in the ring and the matches were physical. The entertaining feud that they had going on also added to the feel of the matches.

Mickie James vs. Lita - Survivor Series 2006

Completely forgetting about all of the turmoil surrounding Lita at the time, this match was great. The action was fast paced and really showed why both girls were among the better female workers at the time. The promo Lita cut afterwards.....well, that's another story!

Also Melina, Beth Phoenix and Victoria have put on some great matches on various PPVs as well!

Victoria V. Molly Holly, Hair Match (WM20): A good match that saw Molly Holly head get shaved...she was definately dedicated to the company!

Trish Stratus V. Victoria, Hardcore Match: I could be wrong, but I think this was the first time the title was on the line in a Hardcore Match for the Women's division...Victoria was coming in as the toughest Diva around at the time...however Trish proved just how tough she is in this match...

Trish Stratus V. Mickie James: Their WM bout was one of the best Women's matches the flagship PPV has seen in a long time...the one year WWE wasn't too interested in promoting their latest Playboy cover girl by giving her an undeserved Women's Title match (*cough* Ashley *cough* Christy Hemme *cough*) (side note: I was at WM23...what a horrible match...)

Candice Michelle V. Melina: Candice's Women's Championship win...topped off a great year for what would be PWI's "Most Improved Wrestler 2007" (one can only wonder had Candice improved while Trish was still active...the matches we could have seen...)

As already said that I quit match was amazing, Melina using the muta lock and all manner of armbars, I was very impressed with her wrestling skill. But there is one that tops it

September 17, 2006-Air Canada Centre-Toronto, Ontario, Canada-Unforgiven: Trish Stratus v. Lita for the WWE Woman's Championship: This was Trish's last match in the WWE in her home town. On an already amazing PPV. This PPV in my opinion has not been topped since (not including Wrestlemanias). A good match between the two that ended with Trish locking in the sharpshooter in Lita. The crowd exploded. This was an amazing send off to the best woman's wrestler in the WWE.

Wrestlemania 22 was a horrible Womens Title match. Mickie was soo Green. And the fans were stupid, and booed Trish. Ugh I hated it. The best match I have ever seen from the Divas was probably when they did main event Raw, with Trish vs Lita where Lita got hurt, but still won the title. The Womens division was soo hot back then. The Actual best match will happen Sunday, When Gold goes to the glorious pair

The best women's match is yet to happen. At Summerslam, the Glamorous Amazon and the Italian Stallion will take gold from the silly, goofy haired Kofi Kingston and Mickie James. It will be amazing.

I like the Trish Lita one, mentioned above.. That was amazing to watch..

Trish's last match was great too. I cried. I hated to see her go.

As already said that I quit match was amazing, Melina using the muta lock and all manner of armbars, I was very impressed with her wrestling skill. But there is one that tops it

September 17, 2006-Air Canada Centre-Toronto, Ontario, Canada-Unforgiven: Trish Stratus v. Lita for the WWE Woman's Championship: This was Trish's last match in the WWE in her home town. On an already already amazing PPV.

I saw this match at the (then) Skydome, but Trish's last match in WWE was actually wrestled in Toronto at Unforgiven 2006; I was there for that one as well.
The fatal fourway women's title match at WM18 was arguably one of the best matches ever. It had the unfortunate duty however, of following the Hogan/Rock match that was the show. The crowd was crashing as a result and could not recieve the match as it should have been recieved making it a rather forgotten classic.

Well great choices thats for sure.

That Beth Phoenix, Melina I Quit Match has gotta be up there. Anything involving Trish Stratus/Victoria or Lita's gotta be up there. Victoria's always been my favorite women's wrestler, she's just amazing! Crazyy how vicious she can look sometimes.

BUT, I believe the best has yet to come. Think about this : Natalya Neidhart vs Beth Phoenix, WM, (IF they dont keep puttin Natalya in stupid feuds like with Michelle Mccool) I already see some amazing potential in Natalya. When i seen her put on the sharpshooter the 1st time it literally put chills down my spine, sign of things to come.

Thinking with Natalya, Victoria, Mickie, Beth, even Melina they could get a hell of a woman's division going.

My vote would go to Victoria v Jazz v Trish at WM 18. They'd pretty much had the same triple threat match with Lita (Victoria hadn't debuted as a wrestler by then) at the previous WM, but this one was far better.
Jazz may b the definition of 'bowling shoe ugly' but back then, she was what Beth Phoenix is now (except the glamorous amazon is far more attractive). Victoria was using her full aresenal at that point so she was also a joy to watch, and to top it off, Trish won the gold. They even had a spot where Trish gave, the now unemployed, Stevie Richards a Stratusfaction after he tried to clobber her with a chair (i think) during that match. Check it out, it were proper bo'

There are a few that come to mind.

I cant remeber the match, but there was one on PPV, maybe surviour series 2000? Lita vs. Ivory. Lita was (not in kayfabe) bleeding like a stuffed pig after a hard right hand from ivory. It was a really bloody match and its not very often we see divas bleed. This was certainly the first time i had ever witnessed it. It wasnt a blade job either which made it more exciting.. Pity lita didnt win.

Trish Stratus vs. Victoria in a hardcore match at Survivor Series 02 was another brilliant womens exibition. Some great spots in that match including one of the divas getting catapulted into a trash can that was jammed in between turnbuckles. Nice Mirror to the head shot. Pretty dull ending though... Victoria won with a Snap Suplex for the womens title.

WM19 in seattle.
Trish Stratus def. Jazz & Victoria in an awesome triple threat match. Trish also took out Stevie Richards in the process. Trish's First win at a Wrestlemania in what was probably my favorite Non Bra & Panties womens match. Trish wins back the WWE Womens title.

However.. if Santino is to hopefully be crowned the new WWE Womens Champion at Summerslam, we may have more great divas matches in store.
LONG LIVE SANTINO!!!!!

Wait!!!!!!!!!!!!!
I almost forgot.. Sable vs. Stephanie McMahon at Vengeance 2003.
This was the most entertaining womens match i think i have ever seen.
I highly recommend this match, not for a title, but just as good as any womens match i have ever seen.

:undertaker2: Edge can hide from the deadman!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back