Divas Battle Royal

(anyone notice how hot Maryse was, not only in the Divas battle royal photo but in the ring?)

Kelly Kelly Was on commentary during the Diva's Battle Royal. (she did a horrible job and you could tell she was reading off the monitor)

Cole stated it would be terrible (and he was correct)

Cole stated the match would be a train wreck (and he was correct again)

Two of the only Divas who can wrestle in the entire company were eliminated first (Kim and Melina)

Later we see other Divas with talent eliminated (Natalie-Neidhart, and AJ's amazing ass)

The Final Four included Eve, the Bella Twins, and Beth Phoenix.

Eve got tossed, the Twins got tossed at the same time by Phoenix and then the crowd POPPED the fuck out for Beth Phoenix when she won the match

AND then Beth Phoenix turned heel.
BETH PHOENIX TURNED HEEL!!!!!!!!!!!!
One of the few Divas in the entire company worth a damn has talent turned heel.

I hope that Phoenix turning heel leads to real divas feuds, REAL Divas story lines, REAL Divas MATCHES.

What would you like to see happen in the DIVA's division

NEW FEUDS?
NEW STORIES?
NEW DIVAS?

New Fueds? We have a different feud every damn PPV! And I wouldnt count any diva feud as an actual feud, there PPV matches are built up on Tag Team Matches on Raw. I really cant remember a decent Diva FEUD since 2006 - 2007. We all know that Gail Kim and Awesome Kong had one of the best female rivalrys in TNA, so why not give Kim a rivalry? I can literally see her being a new version of Trish Stratus. I would actually like to see a Diva Feud with new stories other than "You bet me in a match on RAW and know I will retain my championship against you".

No. I would not like to see any new Divas, We have a pool of talented Divas and 90% of them arent being used. Gail Kim- great story teller, great wrestler. Nattie NeidHart- Great in ring wrestler, with a rich history with family in the buisness. Melina- Great wrestler. Maryse- One of the most over divas, allot of her moves get a hug pops. I wouldnt like to see a new diva get on TV when the most talented divas arent even on TV.

First Maryse was not in battle royal because she is out with an injury.

And unfortunately with Gail Kim, the WWE has done nothing but bury her since she came back over from TNA.

I also knew Beth was going to turn heel on Kelly Kelly when the previous week they won their 16 person tag match and Kelly Kelly kept lifting the title in Beth's face, I knew right there that she was going to turn heel.

And finally unfortunately if you are not in the title picture in the diva's division you do not get a storyline (one of the few things TNA actually does better then the WWE)

I don't know if Kelly was reading off a monitor, but Kevin Dunn and Vince are usually in their headphones telling them all what to say anyway.

I really hate to say this, but I would not be surprised if Gail Kim was gone by the end of the year. Her contract is up near the end of the year, and in all likelihood either she'll move on or WWE won't renew.

I LOVED it when Beth turned on Kelly. They've spent too much time trying to shove Kell and the Bellas down our throats. Yes, K2's hot, but after 5 years she still can't wrestle. All the Bellas were only good for being arm candy for the guest hosts.

Melina being eliminated first shows that WWE is still mad at her for talking smack about their top diva, I just hope they don't try to bury her. For their sake, they need to let it slide. Gail Kim and Natalya, I don't get it they put in work, when they are in a match with actual in-ring time, it's bullshit and there's no excuse. I'm a guy, who feels that when you have great female talent or talent period, you use it/them in some way every week. But Beth Phoenix as the #1 Contender, I honestly didn't think they'd do that. Maybe WWE is going in a new direction like they promised, placing Beth in Kharma's position until Kharma comes back.

New Feuds? New Stories? New Divas?
We can only hope at this point that WWE is going in the Age of Phoenix reign. Gail vs Beth, Natalya vs Beth, Tamina vs Beth, signing new, real talent for Beth would be great. Pretty women are great but after a while the crowd just becomes disrespectful.

They need to do more innovative things with the Divas. When was the last time u actually looked forward to a Divas match? They need to use Natalya, Gail Kim, Beth, Tamina, Melina and maybe AJ to have actual rivalries. Get the Divas matches back to where they were with Trish and Lita or even to where Gail Kim and Awesome Kong were in TNA.

I think the Beth Phoenix win and subsequent heel turn was my favorite moment of the night. It definitely was for my daughter (8). I've been telling her for months that Beth Phoenix was the best wrestler in the divas division, and FINALLY she proved it.

She had better be the champ and defend against basically everyone until Awesome Kong comes back.

I just wish Joanie Laurer was still in shape like she was back in 1996, before she got implants. Chyna was f**king badass before she went loopy. Chyna vs Phoenix would be a great match to watch. The only 2 women I've ever legitimately liked in wrestling. ... Well Stacy Kiebler too, but that was for different reasons. :p

Well, of course the Diva's battle royal was going to stink. Are you really going to pretend to be surprised? But at least the double elimination at the end was somewhat original and Beth Phoenix belongs in the title scene, so that was ok.
I didn't see the heel turn coming for a week as you did, because I never pay close attention to the divas. I knew she was going to turn heel 1 second after Kelly started hugging her (in other words 5 seconds before the turn happened). I went: "Eww, are they really going to be all buddy-buddy? No way, what they need is for Beth to... ah, there you go." It was wrestling 101, but the divas gotta take what they can get.

The only good thing we get from the battle royal is that the best diva in the division is challenging the hottest diva in the division. Should we thank Punk for this? Anyway I think if Beth wins the divas title it will definitely make the title meaningful as she's the best diva.

I'm curious to know what the deal is with Gail Kim apparently eliminating herself. I totally missed that, but she has addressed it on Twitter and it has been mentioned on the main page.

I totally marked out for Beth eliminating both Bellas, one on each arm. Her heel turn is interesting. She's been really over with the fans, so I'm not sure if the timing is right, but it could lead to what everyone wants: Beth vs. Nattie. If you're on Twitter, they have both been pushing hard for it, as have other Divas and other people in the business, and fans pushing for it have gotten re-tweets from both of them. Obviously that doesn't mean that everyone will get their wish, but if one is heel and the other is face, the likelihood is greater.

My thoughts on KK: in a way, she is the Cena of the Divas division. She's on all of the marketing materials, often as the only Diva, and it's mostly based on look, rather than actual talent. She makes for some glorious eye candy and she promotes the brand very well, but she's one of the worst in the ring, and it's not like she balances it out with solid mic work. I've never been a fan of people holding titles who don't put on a good show. I won't be disappointed to see her without the belt.

I am glad that Beth is finally getting pushed again. She likely is going to inherit Kharma's push and start out as a heel destroying other divas before the fan reaction turns her face. I would like to see her win the title because then we will not only have a legit dominant diva on top but also one that actually knows how to wrestle. They really need more than just two or three divas who can wrestle. The fact that they do not is ridiculous.

I would love to see Beth with a fairly long title run, but the hardest part with the roster right now is finding someone that it's easy to believe can beat her straight up, especially amongst the ones they are pushing as faces. Heels can cheat and beat her, but then Beth becomes the face. I loves me a good monster heel, but the storyline requires a face who is competitive with her.
When's Kharma coming back?

The match was terribly rushed! The bell rang and 3 divas where eliminated. This match was so bad as it only lasted like 6 minutes. The only good was seeing beth pheonix lift the bellas and throw them out. That was kick ass but besides that it sucked all around.

the diva battle royal was a joke andwill forever be a joke, seriously those divas want to take part in a battle royal im kewl with that but make it so they are like the guys .. not slide out under the ropes, not between the ropes BUT OVER THE TOP ROPE and both feet hitting the floor, the only couple of Divas that i could even remotely doing half of what the guys are Natayla, AJ, Tamina, and Beth.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back