Week 8: Milenko -versus- SkeptiKal

Mr. TM

Throwing a tantrum
Who made the better exit from the WWE? The Rock or Brock Lesnar

SkeptiKal is the home debater, he gets to choose which side of the debate he is on first, but he has 24 hours.

Remember to read the rules. This thread is only for the debaters.

This round ends + 24 hours after Friday 1:00 pm Pacific

Hey Milenko, I'll be taking The Rock on this one.

Sorry if I'm late in advance, I've just started university and I've got a hectic schedule at the moment, but I'll try my best, good luck.

EDIT: You can go first!

Who made the better exit from the WWE? The Rock or Brock Lesnar

The answer is that The Rock undoubtedly made the better exit from the WWE compared to Brock Lesnar. Both men were huge in the business, won championships and grew too big for the WWE and wanted to move on. Both men’s last matches were at Wrestlemania 20, The Rock was in a handicap match with Mick Foley against Evolution whereas Brock faced Goldberg, in what was supposed to be a much anticipated, good match. There are many reasons why The Rock’s exit was better, and here’s why;

The Rock had a much better last match.
The Rock returned to help Foley against the up and coming evolution, The Rock returned as a face, which the fans were happy to see him back and he was glad to come back and job and put over the up and coming faction of Evolution. Evolution vs. The Rock n Sock Connection may not have been a show stealer, but it was a very solid match that did it’s job in making Evolution look strong by beating a successful tag team of the past. However, Brock Lesnar’s last match, which was highly anticipated and supposed to be a classic, turned out to be terrible. The men stood off each other for minutes, with Austin eventually having to make them fight, and the match never gathered any momentum, it was slow, the fans didn’t care and jeered both men and the only highlight of this supposed dream match, was Austin stunning both men.

The fans were sad to see The Rock go, but not Lesnar.
All you have to do is watch the fans reaction in the Lesnar - Goldberg match and hear them cheering "na na, hey hey goodbye" and "you sold out." The fans didn’t care about Brock at this point, they felt disrespected and as though he sold out and were happy to see the back of him. At the time no-one knew that this would be The Rock’s last match, but they were sad to see him go and there was banners, petitions and signs asking him to come back and wrestle again. This ones a no-brainer really, the fans booed Lesnar for leaving, they didn’t care about him leaving and showed that at Wrestlemania 20.

There‘s a higher demand for The Rock to return to the WWE.
After The Rock left the WWE, fans were upset and wanted him to return, there was signs, banners, petitions all begging him to come back, and still to this day people are begging for The Rock to come back and wrestle Cena. The Rock’s still in Vince’s good graces as shown with his sporadic appearances and rumoured HoF induction, and Vince would jump at the chance to get The Rock back. Sure people would be happy to see Brock back as well, but I’m sure they’d much rather have The Rock back as he was and is a huge fan favourite.

Overall
On every front, The Rock made a much better exit than Brock Lesnar, his last match was decent and kept the fans interested, the fans didn’t boo The Rock and were sad to see him go, and people would still want The Rock back. Brock Lesnar’s last match, was supposed to be a dream match, but it wasn’t, it was slow, boring, the fans didn’t care and only wanted to see Austin stun them both. Lesnar got booed by the fans and they chanted "na na, hey hey goodbye" and "you sold out" at him and Goldberg. I think the answer is obvious really, The Rock made a far better exit than Lesnar.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back