Week 8: ztwhite -versus- Lee

Mr. TM

Throwing a tantrum
Undertaker' Wrestlemania versus Sting's Starrcade/Bound For Glory: Whose big stage resume is more impressive

Lee is the home debater, he gets to choose which side of the debate he is on first, but he has 24 hours.

Remember to read the rules. This thread is only for the debaters.

This round ends + 24 hours after Friday 1:00 pm Pacific

The Uuuuuuuuuuuuuuunnnnnnnnnddddddddeeeeeeerrrrrrrrrrrtaaaaaaakkkkkkkkeeeeeeeerrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr

Shall be defended by ztwhite who shall go first :D

Just to reiterate I am arguing that Stings is more impressive.

OK It's been 24 hours so I guess I shall go first.

When it comes to streaks and records in wrestling it usually comes down to two; Goldbergs streak and Takers 17-0. For the IWC you can add Stings record at Starrcade and Bound For Glory. Whilst Undertakers streak may be the most famous, Stings is the most impressive. Shall we take a look at it? Yeah why not?

Undertakers streak:

Jimmy Snuka, Jake Roberts, Giant Gonzales, King Kong Bundy, Diesel,Sid, Kane,Big Bossman ,Triple H, Ric Flair,Big Show and A-Train, Kane, Randy Orton, Mark Henry,Batista,Edge-,Shawn Michaels. That's 17 people, 17 matches. 17-0.

Then we take a look at Stings;

Draws; 6 man tag; Rick Steiner, Eddie Gilbert, and Larry Zybsko
Win; Road warriors (teamed with Dusty Rhodes)
Great Muta
NWA champion Ric Flair whoooooo
Flair again
Battle bowl
Vader
Battle Bowl qualifying v Liger and Watts
nasty Boyz
Kensuki Sasaki
Hulk Hogan
Luger
Angle
Samoa Joe

Loss: Lex luger but Lugers feet were on the rope, Battle bowl match, Sting lost a triangle match with Luger with Flair winning via count out.

The stats

That's a record of 16 wins, 3 losses and one draw. Single wise this is 11-1 with Lex Luger using the ropes to cheat to win. What is also interesting to note is that Stings three losses have all come where he has fought a few matches that night.

Which is more impressive?

Just looking at the list Stings are more impressive, Giant Gonzales? A past it King Kong Bundy? A past it Jake Roberts? Same with Snuka? Then you look at Stings list the WEAKEST person there is the Great Muta. Wow.

Then you have Sting beating Hogan in what was the biggest match in pro wrestling history at the time, beating an in prime Ric Flair, the Road Warriors and 19 others in the battle bowl including Austin.

Then you look at the biggest people Undertaker who has beaten who were in their prime...erm Triple H, Edge and Batista. It's at the point where Undertaker is only winning to save his streak, with Sting it's about the matches themselves, it's about Sting and his opponent NOT about his streak. This is a lot more impressive in my eyes.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back