WCW Region, Third Round, Embarrassment Match: (5) Harley Race vs. (13) Batista

Who Wins This Matchup?

• Harley Race

• Batista

Results are only viewable after voting.
Wow 33 v 33 at the moment in this one, what a tight match!

This shows to me how highly Harley is regarded on these forums. I think he's at an obvious disadvantage in this match, with his Piledriver being a much easier move to hit than a Batista Bomb. Like Funkay said, Batista has a favourable draw here but I think that would be the case against alot of opponents- as alot of wrestlers would struggle getting a big guy like 'Tista up for the Sit Out Powerbomb. The fact so many have still voted for Race shows how good, influential and strong he was.

However, Big Dave still has my vote here. In a regular match I think I'd JUST give my vote to Harley, but the stipulation favours underrated Animal on this occasion.

Alright peeps time for the written vote coz I think THIS maybe a tie

So this is mine for the Animal.

Which was true. The late 70's weren't like the 50's. But it wasn't like the industry wasn't wholey profitable. It was. I'd compare that period to the late 30's or late 10's. When comparing Harely Race to Batista, who spent his whole career on the B show, that may as well have been the "doldrums" of the WWE, I hardly see why that could be a mark against Race here.

And here I was ready to let it go to the written vote and you just had to say doldrums didnt ya

That doldrum that you call the B show did its damn near best during that era when he was around the title picture. The Undertaker being exclusive played a part too, but Batista drew. He was given the baton and he swirled it like a champ playing the second Banana and became the 2nd face of WWE. Harley at his best was the champ heel and if this was a title match he would drop the title to the likes of Batista.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back