WCW Region, New Orleans Subregion, First Round: (7) Roddy Piper vs. (26) James Storm

Who Wins This Matchup?

• Roddy Piper

• James Storm

Results are only viewable after voting.

klunderbunker

Welcome to My (And Not Sly's) House
This is a first round match in the WCW Region, New Orleans Subregion. It is a standard one on one match held under WCW Rules. It will be held at the Smoothie King Center in New Orleans, Louisiana.

465281691tk-015asgame.jpg

roddy-piper.png

#7. Roddy Piper

Vs.

IMG_8281.jpg

#26. James Storm

Polls will be open for three days following a one day period for discussion. Voting will be based on who you feel is the greater of the two competitors. Post your reasons for why your pick should win below. Remember that this is non-spam and the most votes in the poll win. Any ties will be broken by the amount of posts of support for each candidate, with one vote per poster.

Also remember that this is a non-spam forum. If you post a response without giving a reason for your selection, it will be penalized for spam and deleted.

Well since no one else jumped on this matchup, I'm expecting Hot Rod to win in a near sweep.

I have no idea who James Storm is, probably because he's a TNA lifer according to a quick Google search, so he wouldn't get my vote against Doink the Clown.

Piper revolutionzed what it meant to be a heat seeking heel in professional wrestling. He began wrestling as a pro at the seasoned age of 15 in Canada before becoming the top drawing (and most hated) heel in the U.S. territories.

The list of big names that Piper had lengthy feuds with is a who's who of Hall of Famers including Mr. T (who at the time was one of the biggest Hollywood stars in the world), Chavo Sr., Flair, Sgt Slaughter, Greg Valentine, Bruno, Hogan, Adrian Adonis, Rick Rude, etc etc.

Needless to say, Piper's Pit was well ahead of its time as a talk show within a wrestling show and provided countless memories which I don't think I really need to go in to here.

Simply put, Piper would ensure that this was a good match, but there's no way Storm gets past wrestling's Greatest Villain.

Now, hit the bagpipes!

Even though every single fibre and shred of my common sense thinks Piper should win this, it took me a while to commit to that side of the argument. I have no idea why, he's clearly the more significant and popular wrestler, but I did deliberate. I really shouldn't have. Piper wins.

i like Storm, always have. But this is Piper, someone who Hogan didn't beat cleanly during Rock N'Wrestling. So gotta give it to Hot Rod.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back