WCW Region, New Orleans Subregion, Second Round: (2) Sting vs. (18) Rob Van Dam

Who Wins This Matchup?

• Sting

• Rob Van Dam

Results are only viewable after voting.

klunderbunker

Welcome to My (And Not Sly's) House
This is a second round match in the WCW Region, New Orleans Subregion. It is a standard one on one match held under WCW Rules. It will be held at the Smoothie King Center in New Orleans, Louisiana.

465281691tk-015asgame.jpg

Sting_TNA_iMPACT_WRESTLING.png

#2. Sting

Vs.

robvandam.jpg

#18. Rob Van Dam

Polls will be open for three days following a one day period for discussion. Voting will be based on who you feel is the greater of the two competitors. Post your reasons for why your pick should win below. Remember that this is non-spam and the most votes in the poll win. Any ties will be broken by the amount of posts of support for each candidate, with one vote per poster.

Also remember that this is a non-spam forum. If you post a response without giving a reason for your selection, it will be penalized for spam and deleted.

Let's not forget this
[YOUTUBE]96fNTJRis4E[/YOUTUBE]

Seriously though I love RVD and would rather watch an RVD match than a Sting match but Sting is just flat out bigger than RVD. Plus this is WCW where Sting was at the top of the mountain and RVD was at best at the bottom of the card.

In their primes this would be a really good match but RVD would try a spot that he'd miss, hurt his leg and Sting would lock in the Scorpion Death Lock for the win.

If this was the TNA Region, I could guarantee at least 5 people including myself would fight for Rob Van Dam until the bitter finish. We'd probably fail but it'd be fun. However, this is the WCW Region, where Sting thrived 14 years ago. Rob Van Dam wouldn't really stand any chance against the Stinger in this one, even if I am a fan of his. Stinger Splash & the Scorpion Deathlock for added measure sends the "vigilante" off to the next round.

Sting wins this one.

RVD was awesome in the ring and fun as hell to watch, however, he spent the majority of his career in the mid card. Sting on the other hand has been a main event player since the late 80's. There really is no reason on earth to vote for RVD.

It's showtime folks. Vote Sting.

It's easy to forget that there was a time when RVD was WWE's most popular face character. Had he not been a monumental bell end, he would have held the title for much longer than he did. Alas, he didn't. One thing that both of these guys have in common is they were both shit at playing heels, despite trying to do so at quite high profile occasions. That's neither here nor there though. Sting managed a consistency in the main event that RVD was totally unable to rival and as such needs to win here.

I'm not going to lie...I enjoy watching Sting alot and always have, but RVD in his ECW-early WWE prime was a joy to watch in the ring. He was spectacular and dammit should have been ECW World Heavyweight Champion before the promotion folded, as well as WWE Champion much earlier than he was.

However, when I look at objectively and take away my personal favouritism, Sting is the logical and correct pick here. Everything RVD accomplished, Sting has done bigger and better multiple times. Even now, alot of fans haven't seen him in years (if they don't watch TNA) and look at the reaction Sting gets. He's a major deal even in his 50's.

RVD was incredible at his best, his matches with Jerry Lynn especially in ECW are some of my all time favourites, but compare his big matches/storylines compared to Sting stalking the nWo for a year before finally facing off against Hollywood Hogan, it was the biggest storyline in wrestling. Sting is a true icon of the business, and RVD is an upper mid-carder who flirted with the main event on occasion and remained popular due to his flashy moves.

Sting has to win this

Sting. Here is a man who was the marquee face for a company twice. I bring out the Surfer Sting here, the one who was impervious to chops and beat Flair to become the man.

Great match up, but the Death Drop seals it.

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back