WCW Houston, Round 2, Match 3: #7 Terry Funk vs. #26 Alex Shelley

Terry Funk vs. Alex Shelley

• Funker

• Gunner

Results are only viewable after voting.

Shocky

Kissin Babies and Huggin Fat Girlz
The following match takes place in the WCW Region, where the ring and entrance ramp are equal height, from Houston, TX.

#7. "The Hardcore Legend" Terry Funk
NWA_Champ_Terry_Funk.jpg

vs.

#26. Alex Shelley
5985633360a7309943711l.jpg

Anywhere else, Funk would win. In Texas, Funk might just kill him. Shelley is ok at best, but Funk is a legend. he would hurt Shelley so many different ways that Shelley would look like he'd been attacked by a motorized machine gun.

Ok the joke sucked.

Shelley stand no chance here against a legitimate legend of the sport who will teach this kid a wrestling lesson.

It's a stretcher job for the Funkster. Alex Shelley has some aerial moves, but as Terry Funk always says, "Fuck a bunch of aerial moves."

Anyway, Funk can still wrestle with the best of him and the Spinning Toe Hold grounds the high flyer and after the bell, the branding iron sends him to the hospital. Funk, FTW!!

there's no 2nd thought or even A slight argument of choosing who'd win this. Funk would dominate this match and literally kill alex shelley. the funker scores the pinfall.

I think Shelley would give Funk a little trouble in the early going. Shelley is very agile and his aerial assault would throw Funk off for the first bit. However, Funk is just a tough old brawler that happens to also know how to wrestle fairly well. I think he could take most anything Shelley threw at him though I don't think Shelley can say the same thing. I think Shelley could possibly make it to the 10 minute mark before Funk closes the books on him. However, if it simply degenerated into good ol' brawl, Shelley might make it to 5.

Shelley is young and still has much to learn. Middle-Aged & Crazy (Well... formerly middle-aged..) would catch Shelley doing something stupid... Funk will take it to a brawl 'cause he's tired of the fliers shit and leave him a stain on the mat.

Terry Funk is a former World Champion and Alex Shelley is a solid and entertaining cruiserweight. The gulf in class is huge and I can't see any other outcome but a Terry Funk win in dominating fashion, especially when the location of the match is taken into account.

For anyone saying that Shelley is a better flyer, look up a Terry Funk moonsault. Ugly, but effective.

Funk is a legit wrestling God, and Shelley is just a passable cruiserweight. He may get a few moves in, but once Funk gets a hold of him, it's over. The spinning toe hold may have been his real finisher, but he had an effective Figure Four. I'd say that ends it.

I like Shelley, he is one of my favorites on TNA and usually entertaining. Buuuut, he stands little to no chance against the Funkster. I think Shelley could get the upper hand early, then Funk will slap him around and beat the piss out of him.

Alex Shelley equal a bore and a half. I've never understood the hype the gunns get. They're obviously awesome because they're a high flying tag team in TNA, so that must mean something, I guess...

Terry Funk kicks the shit out of Alex Shelley,a dn Terry Funk would make Shelley bleed for the hell of it. Shelley is just another one of teh young undersized guys in the business that feel they are over looked, and blahblahblah, all the while Terry Funk will make him pay his dues.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back