• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

WarGames: Could we finally see it in the WWE?

So the concept would be the following:

So I believe that Sting will be back by Wrestlemania time. Let's say that the WWE decide not to have Sting vs The Undertaker take place and go with John Cena vs The Undertaker for Wrestlemania. Which leaves open.

Let's say that Sting will also compete at Wrestlemania (which I believe he will). Enter the Wyatt Family. Sting endages The Wyatts in a feud. Sting and Bray battle it out at Fast Lane and Sting finally wins at a PPV. The feud continues torwards Wrestlemania, with The Wyatts assaulting Sting 4-on-1. This leads to various WCW Legends to come to the rescue. Enter DDP, Booker T and Kevin Nash.

Kevin Nash said in an interview that he could do one more run. DDP seems to be in a perfect condition to wrestle. Then at Wrestlemania the WCW Legends lay down the challenge: WarGames!

Now The Wyatts vs WCW Legends doesn't need to be the only feud. Two other stables, like League of Nations and a stable with faces could also battle it out. But, in my opinion, I believe that if you're going to have WarGames, WCW needs to be involved.

Of course WWE's version of WarGames has to be different from WCW's, since WWE does not use two rings. It might be a format like the Elimination Chamber, but with a different cage. Of course there might be some technical problems as to how the WWE will have that cage in an open arena match, but anyways, say that they manage, would you like to see something like that?

Personally, with WWE wanting to get many available legends to wrestle, I'm all for it. It would be a fair draw for Wrestlemania, in addition to the rest of the card, plus, it gives us something different that the standard multiman tag team match.

I've always believed the Wyatts would be the only realistic opponents for War Games. But it wouldn't be done at WrestleMania because they wouldn't want two rings with one being unused. Plus it would cut out ringside seats they could make money on.

League of Nations it could work with as long as none of them had titles (because why would you waste a possible title match at WrestleMania) but you'd have to build up a decent team to face them.

I would like to see the War Games finally be used by WWE, it's ridiculous they haven't used the idea as yet. It's simply Vince's ego that stops him from using something that was a WCW idea, rather than his own.

When was the last time WWE created a new big-time gimmick match anyway? The Elimination Chamber close to 15 years ago? It's time they came up with something new, and even though War Games is from WCW, alot of the audience wouldn't even know that, and even less would care it was.

I highly doubt we'll see it, and definitely not at WM. However, I would DEFINITELY like to see it appear at some point, I just don't have high hopes Vince will give in and use the gimmick, which is a damn shame. The feud would need to be very personal to make it worthy of War Games and I don't have any confidence in WWE Creative to come up with anything War Games worthy at the moment.

I remember reading a while back that the primary reason they haven't utilized the WarGames concept was because there are very few arenas that have the capacity to accommodate two rings. Now as an outsider looking in, I don't think it'd be all that much of a problem if they'd rearrange some of the seating, maybe altered their set to some degree. But, then again, I could also be wrong.

I'd like to see the WarGames take place, but I've got no real interest in seeing the Wyatt Family taking on the geriatric crew of WCW. Let's say the Wyatt Family comes out on the losing end, which seems to happen in every main event level feud they're in, just imagine how bad it'd make them look. We complain about how much momentum the Wyatt Family is frequently cost by coming out on the losing end of these main event feuds, so how would it look for them if they were beaten by a group of wrestlers that averages out to be 55.5 years of age?

I wouldn't mind seeing a couple of WarGames matches take place, I think they'd be sort of fitting to happen at Survivor Series since Vince no longer considers the traditional Survivor Series matches to be of any importance. I could see Roman Reigns, Dean Ambrose, the Usos and possibly Dolph Ziggler going against the League of Nations consisting of Sheamus, Barrett, Rusev, Del Rio and Kevin Owens. I thought about maybe adding Neville to the LON, but they already have a Brit in Wade Barrett, while Kevin Owens is French Canadian, so it's sort of like getting two for one.

As for the other bout, I could see something along the likes of The Undertaker, Kane, John Cena, Cesaro & Daniel Bryan vs. the Wyatt Family & Brock Lesnar.

If they made the WarGames matches elimination style matches, both matches would eat up a lot of time and there'd be no real need to load the card down. Considering that it could start out with two men inside and another one could enter say 3 minutes later, each match has the potential of genuinely being able to eat up 45-60 minutes by adding an elimination stipulation.

The potential problem with the WarGames match itself is that with so many guys going at it at one time, there's a possibility of a chaotic clusterfuck. Yet, at the same time, when you consider that it's "War", a chaotic, physical clusterfuck may well fit perfectly with the overall idea of the match itself. After all, it's supposed to be "The Match Beyond" and it being a wild, physical contest would suit it.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back