• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

Now would be the perfect time to bring back the WarGames match

Wolf Pac

Mid-Card Championship Winner
With Sting now in the WWE, feuding with The Authority. It couldn't come at a better time.

Sting has taken part in many WarGames matches & Lethal Lockdown matches, TNA's spinoff of WarGames, and he lead a team against The Dangerous Alliance in the greatest WarGames match of all time at WrestleWar 1992. Actually, Sting once lead a team into WarGames 3 years in a row (91, 92 & 93)

And Triple H has always wanted to bring WarGames into WWE, but Vince always shot it down cause he doesn't like using gimmicks that were made famous in other companies.

If Vince came to his sense, he'd bring back WarGames at Extreme Rules, with Sting leading a team into battle against The Authority.

I would book...

Sting's Squadron (Sting, Randy Orton, Dean Ambrose & Daniel Bryan) vs. The Authority (Triple H, Seth Rollins, Big Show & Kane)

Sting & Orton are currently feuding with Triple H & Rollins and had a great moment this Monday on Raw, taking out The Authority together. And Ambrose & Bryan used to feud with Rollins & Triple H of course.

Anyone for bringing back WarGames?

Fuck me, that actually sounds awesome. The Big Show and Kane part gives me cause to pause, I'd rather see Wyatt and Harper get those spots, but I'd be content either way.

I doubt it happens though.

I'vebeen against this too for a long time, but OP is spot on especially since this angle between HHH & Sting is connected TO WCW.

I'd like to see the Authority maybe recruit some younger guys who could use the rub and a marquee spot as opposed to BS and Kane, but I'd take it.

What could have been with regards to that SHIELD vs Wyatt family feud... it had all the ingredients for a WarGames match to happen...

However, even if they passed up that opportunity, the OPs one wouldn't be a bad option either... maybe a slight change of personnel would be welcomed, however...

It's a great idea, it's not the same old, same old. They should replace the Elimination Chamber PPV with it.

But like someone else said, Vince would never go for it, even though the fans would love it. Also he wouldn't want to give up those pricey floor seats to make room for two rings. All in all though it's a great idea, and what a better way to use Sting while he's here in the WWE.

Sadly, we will probably never see War Games again. WWE use much bigger rings than WCW too, I just can't see them willing to sacrifice so many audience members for the sake of having an old WCW match. Thank God for the Network to relive everything though.

Brilliant. I liked this idea very much. It will bring some intense feuds to an end. I love the Lethal Lockdown matches from TNA. Even, your idea for how to arrange the match is awesome. Since, its a WCW vs WWE angle so, Sting can call for it in a promo of his. And yes, with Elimination Chamber gone The Wargames should return. I'm all for this idea.

I don't see it happening for practical reasons. According to reports, one reason why WWE decided not to do the Elimination Chamber ppv was because they were having increasing amounts of trouble finding venues that were able to hold sufficient numbers of people and had sufficient room to house the Chamber structure itself. Most arenas have some sort of scoreboard or large viewing screens hanging above the floor in order to allow people in the nosebleed sections to see what's happening better and the Chamber structure is too big to be convenient. I remember reading something last year concerning the WarGames match in that it's difficult to find arenas with enough room to house two rings.

With the proper planning, maybe the WarGames match could return for WrestleMania next year and become something of a new tradition. After all, WrestleMania is held each year in huge stadiums and has the necessary room.

Regarding the issues with the double rings and structure size couldn't they just modify the match type to work within Hell in a Cell? Seems like a simple solution.

I'd love to see it replace elimination chamber between Royal Rumble and Wrestlemania.

Build important angles for Wrestlemania without the need for putting titles on the line and have 8 men in these matches..

Could put two top heel and face groups full of singles like mentioned by OP.

Have another match for two face tag teams vs two heel tag teams

Even if you wanted a title match you could either have Have a mid card title or tag team title elimination match

Would've worked so much for the shield last year rather than that so so maych against New Aged Outlaws.

I like the idea of War Games coming back, but I don't like the idea of over exposing Sting. I think his WM match needs to be it for the in-ring. He just turned 56, and I'm not saying he can't go still but I've said this before, and I guess it's worth repeating here…right now Sting is attraction, the second he has another match he becomes just another performer on the card.

I really think it's for the best that he just beats Triple H at WM, and then we don't see him again for a while (and never again in an in-ring capacity). It keeps him special, keeps the mystique about his character.

I agree this is a nice excuse for bringing back War Games, but you could always have Sting come back in the future and introduce the concept without actually being involved in the match itself.

With the proper planning, maybe the WarGames match could return for WrestleMania next year and become something of a new tradition. After all, WrestleMania is held each year in huge stadiums and has the necessary room.

There is NO way this happens. You would not have an empty ring just sitting there for an entire WrestleMania. I think the double ring concept would be extremely hard for the fans in the audience for the remainder of the card. Imagine paying for a front row ticket but it's front row in front of the empty ring so you have to either turn your head an absurd angle or have to watch across the empty ring.

I'm all for doing some sort of similar team battle but just not in the WarGames double ring. Due a 2 3-man team battle inside the chamber or inside hell in a cell.

Then again I'm biased against the double ring because I worked ring set up crew in Richmond, va where a local promotion did a 2 ring war games set up but the cage was actually a few inches too small for the ring they used and it was a PAIN to set up.

I wouldn't do it at Extreme Rules because it doesn't fit with what that PPV brand is supposed to be bringing to the table, but I'll expand on that in a moment. If WarGames is going to come back then it should happen at Battleground. That PPV brand is currently 100% useless and it is in desperate need of having something that makes it stand out. Heck, throw Elimination Chamber in there too since it seems to be gone as a PPV brand. That would make the brand stick out compared to the rest as it offers nothing different at the moment that Fast Lane and Payback cannot also do. Doing it at Extreme Rules doesn't feel like the right time. Extreme Rules should be focusing more on getting back into the Hardcore types of matches it used to feature. TLC is currently more "extreme" than Extreme Rules.

Loved War Games It was a great concept still is to this day, But WWE already has Survivor Series That basically is War Games minus One ring and no cage .

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back