• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

In Memory of WarGames

TUFFY54

Getting Noticed By Management
With the 10th anniversary of Vinces buyout comming up Ive been thinking about WCW some lately. While they certainly made a lot of mistakes, as a company they got one thing very right. That thing was WarGames, the match beyond. It was, and still is, the best gimmick match in wrestling history. Some of WCW's best matches were WarGames. Unfortunatly, towards the end of the company, they made the huge mistake of getting rid of the most over match in the history. Heres the deal, if you could go back to those last 3 years of WCW, what WarGames match would you like to see. Try to use guys who were there between 98 and 2000, but you can really do any year you wanted. If there was a year that you thought the match could of used some changes, go ahead. Heres my pick.

Hulk Hogan, Kevin Nash, Scott Hall, Mr. Perfect, Randy Savge

VS.

Sting, Lex Lugar, Ric Flair, DDP, Goldberg

I think this would be a great match with the best WCW had to offer at the time.

Editors Note: This is NOT a thread about wanting WarGames in WWE. I'm just asking who you would of liked to have seen in a WarGames match if WCW had used it during its last three years.

I really like mr perfect but i'm not sure he's the best choice for that team... the WCW team is golden, the wwf team could use someone else though.. i'm assuming that's what you were going for... I would put savage instead of perfect... tho savage and bret don't fit in with the original nwo, if done right they can all come together and make it work i'm sure...man... that would have been an EPIC match... I loved war games too.. I ordinarily hate HHH but if he can get Vince to finally put together the war games match then he'd be ok in my book... two things i really want back from wcw are halloween havoc and war games! Two of the best things to come out of there hands down.

What I would've totally marked out for would've been

Raven, Kanyon, Riggs and Kidman

vs

DDP, Awesome, Benoit and Juventud

But since you mention it.. PLEASE VINCE BRING BACK FALL BRAWL AND THE WARGAMES!!!!

I swear there isnt a week that goes by that someone mentions "BRING BACK WARGAMES!". Listen, everyone who was a fan of WarGames, still is a fan of WarGames, but we all know that Mr. McMahon is NOT going to bring it back.

Thats why we have THE ELIMINATION CHAMBER!

Vince does not want to bring back anything from WCW. It was evident when they switched The Great American Bash, to just The Bash last year, to getting rid of it all together.

As far as dream WarGames match tho, here is mine.....

I would have loved to see a Wargames match between a true WCW team and a true NWO team, as mention earlier, but my picks would have been.....

Team NWOHogan, The Outsiders, Savage and Bagwell

vs

Team WCWFlair, The Steiners, DDP and Luger

This would have made alot of sense considering Sting wasnt down for WCW just yet. We could have seen the two icons battle: Hogan and Flair, the two dominate tag teams: Outsiders and Steiners, plus 4 main even mid carders with Luger,Bagwell,Savage and DDP.

I love WarGames, but the biggest problem, production wise, is having to set up two rings for the rest of the card.

1) You lose seating, which means you lose revenue, 2) It takes more time to set up which means increased cost, and 3) It always made it a little awkward for the rest of the night's matches

I also think what made WarGames stand out was the fact that there no other matches like it at the time. If they tried it today, it wouldn't be nearly as special.

Just to take a different spin on the match picks though, I'll go with a Wolfpack vs. nWo Hollywood match:

nWo Wolfpac
Nash
Sting
Savage
Luger
Henning

nWo Hollywood
Hogan
Hall
Giant
Norton
Bagwell

Goldberg, Sting, DDP, Ric Flair, Luger

Hulk Hogan, Kevin Nash, Scott Hall, Scott Steiner, Randy Savage

Basically the same as yours, but I would drop Hennig and add Steiner. I think Steiner was much more relevant in WCW. Plus the way it shapes up is NWO Vs. WCW. Though Hennig was in NWO, Big Poppa Pump was a bigger piece to that puzzle. He was World Champ and was the leader of NWO Hollywood at one point.

I guess it also depends on what year this match happened also.

In 98, the above match would have probably happened.

But a little later. I think this is how it would have worked out.

Goldberg, Sting, Booker, Kevin Nash, Chris Benoit

Bret Hart, Sid Vicious, DDP, Scott Steiner, Jeff Jarrett

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back