Vince McMahon Pulled Zack Ryder From RAW?

All I can really add to the situation is what another poster said. He is currently making WWE lots of money with his merch selling out. So why the hell not put him on live tv. I mean he did job to Kofi last week but hell man he was in Long Island so why not let there hometown boy get a match in even if it was to put over somebody else. Trust me I know WWE buries people in their hometowns but I mean putting Ryder in here and there I think would be enough to appease the fans right now.

What strikes me even wierder is that Zack Ryder was doing more on Raw before he got popular. Anybody remember last year he recieved a substantial amount of tv time. He teamed with the Miz a couple of times. He was in a Fatal Fourway match for the US title vs. Miz, R-Truth, and John Morrison. Hell eventhough it was a squash match he even got a shot at the WWE title against Sheamus. Despite the WWE title match Ryder showed solid ring work in the other matches so it's not like the wwe doesn't know the kid can go. I'm just scratching me head as to why he isn't being used now that he has a fan base behind him. If you gave him that much of a chance without a fanbase why not let it ride now with a huge following. I mean I don't think anybody is expecting WWE or WHC reigns but the man can be doing meaningful things in the tag and midcard divisions. I don't know but Vince and Co. have done plenty of things to make me scratch my head lately.

I find this story a little hard to believe. I don't get why McMahon would pull TV plans for Ryder at the last minute. Just because he hates the internet or how Ryder got himself over. If that was true, firing him when this all started seems way more realistic. Not being on Raw another week was a lot better than getting squashed in his hometown. Which could have likely happened if they hated him or don't have future plans for him.

It would have made sense to start his push/face turn in his hometown on a three hour show. In place of some filler segment like the divas dancing. In my opinion it makes as much if not more sense to do it next week on the viewer choice themed episode. If he's chosen to face someone as a "surprise" and gets a good reaction from the crowd. Vince can see just how over he is as apposed to just getting a hometown hero pop.

please tell me

Why in the hell do you have zack ryder on your roster when they dont even use him. That's crazy if ur not gonna use him then fire him. But the thing that gets me is that i think wwe is affraid to push, why because if they did he could probally turn into a bigger star then cena, I mean hell he's already gettin bigger pops then him and more signs frm the fans also.

I have been waiting for a Zack Ryder push since ECW ended, point is it's never going to happen not in WWE anyway. I'm honestly suprised Vince dind't come out an embarass him the route of Rob Conway. I see Ryder getting released during the yearly roster trim, as much as I would like to see him stay and get at least a semi push. I think Impact will rush to pick him up for the internet buzz, and he will get lost in their shuffle of awful booking.

This is a fucking outrage

Ryder or Riot

WWWY'F'KI bitches :banghead:

We the broskis should just disown WWE untill they use Ryder

It's fine to dislike that WWE isn't using Ryder, but a couple of posts in this thread suggest that Vince McMahon has broken promises to him.

Has he? Or is the whole fuss being made simply because Ryder has launched a program of self-promotion that is fooling people into thinking he's been promised something? Except for a squash match last week, Ryder hasn't been appearing on RAW anyway, so why should they use him on Long Island? Did Vince promise him they would? If he did, then yes, that's a problem.

In the '70's, there was a lounge singer named Peter Lemongello. He was a nobody, but he financed and aired a bunch of commercials on regional TV, proclaiming that Peter Lemongello was the hottest young singer in the country and everyone who doesn't buy the album he recorded is missing out on being "in."

Of course, the only one proclaiming Lemongello's greatness was the singer himself, yet thousands of people were buying the damn album in the hopes they could keep up with their neighbors. People were saying: "Wow, did you get Lemongello's record yet? You've just got to hear it!" It was ridiculous, but highly effective because he managed to convince people that something was missing from their lives unless they bought his stupid album.

To my thinking, this is what Zach Ryder is doing and, reading what a lot of folks are saying on this forum, it's working. Nothing against Zach, but unless McMahon actually promised him something, we shouldn't think badly of WWE for not being fooled by the hype Zach is putting out.

Like some of you here, I wouldn't exactly call myself a Zack Ryder fan. The guy has never really appealed to me. However, many of you clearly are, and he's obviously done a lot to promote himself online through his Youtube videos. You could argue that it didn't make sense that he wasn't at least given a segment backstage, a casual chat on the mic or whatever. Not to mention the fact it was in Long Island, and the crowd was clearly chanting for him most of the show..

Then you've got Vince McMahon.. oh where do we even start? Unless you rake in the money and the ratings, the guy won't give you the time of day. Someone mentioned earlier that Vince hates Ryder because he went over to the net to get his fans, complains about not getting time on camera etc. I mean, I'm not a Ryder fan as such, but I recognise his talent and charisma just the same as anyone else. But, on the flip side, what does he expect if he starts complaining and bad mouthing the company?

When ego clashes with ultra-ego, this is what happens, a mess.

Like always, no one in the IWC knows exactly how things are going to work out...

With that being said, peep this:

- When Ryder's signs were pulled, who found out about it? The IWC (the casual fans don't read forums, WWE.com)

-Who watches True Long Island Z? Only The IWC

-Who knows about the rumor that "Vince pulled ZR from Raw"? Only The IWC

My point is that all these things are set up so the IWC - and only the IWC - finds out about it. You never hear about any of this stuff on WWE.com, or on Raw. You see a 5 second glimpse of ZR on Raw every few weeks... just enough to rile up the IWC.

Like many others have mentioned, if Zack Ryder was conducting an unauthorized webshow, WWE would pull it, or sue him, if they didn't like it. He HAS to have approval of the WWE.

I really think the WWE is trying to build ZR up as much as they can, give him a cult following, until they can no longer ignore it... and I think they have a ways to go.

I think Ryder should have had his moment to shine, I guess he did on Superstars. There were a lot of corny skits and segments on the 3 hour "All Star" show of Raw that didn't need to be there. The divas performing as the Rockettes after the match was ridiculous. I know they were in Long Island, but does WWE think anyone there gives a shit about the Rockettes? It's like John Cena singing Rocky Top at Memphis Tennessee on Raw. No one wants to hear that garbage.

Anyway, I'm not a Ryder fan. I find his show witty and I give the guy credit for wanting to make something of himself. WWE probably should have shown him on Raw for a least a few minutes or have a match. He was given a US title shot last week and he really didn't get a huge reaction that night. He probably would have in his hometown, but things would go back normal next week in a different town.

Vince hates the internet and the "internet darlings". Even though Jericho, Cena, and Dolph Ziggler have come to Ryder's defense, I doubt Vince McMahon really cares what the internet or anyone thinks of Zack Ryder.

Just thought I'd riffle an update from Lords of Pain

- The fact that Zack Ryder would have some vocal fans at Monday's RAW in Long Island, New York was no secret going into the show. This was talked about internally and the decision was made to have him perform on Superstars only. People within WWE were upset that Ryder wasn't used with the feeling that he's got himself over with fans using social media and without a normal WWE push, and he wasn't even put on RAW because the company knew he would get a bigger reaction than some of the stars they push on TV.

Seems to be the more logical answer, pretty sad though. WWWYKI

Vince bullying Ryder could be another bit, perhaps to promote Zack Ryder, hard to tell.

Ryder is getting ridiculous pops. His former rookie on NXT Redemption is the most popular guy and only remaining face, and in spite of that, Zack was cheered like heck when he fought him.

I don't watch Ryder's show, but if he does take shots at WWE for not using him why should he get pushed?

That's true. Just because much of the ICW has been fooled into thinking this guy is some kind of phenomenon doesn't mean his employer necessarily thinks so, too. I wouldn't be surprised if McMahon hates what Ryder is doing (not that it means he hates Ryder himself).....but Vince likes to control the image conveyed by his company and it's employees, and here's this guy promoting himself all over the Internet.

I'll say this for Zack; it could be that his on-line efforts have put enough pressure on Vince that the boss doesn't just fire his ass for fear of negative backlash from fans who have bought into Zack's program.......but if that's so, don't think for a moment that Vince likes it.

Either that, or McMahon is so unconcerned about Zack's self-promoting that he ignores it, figuring it's not even worth getting rid of the guy.

But man, I can't believe how many fans have bought into the idea that Zack Ryder is important.....just because he says he is.

The power of advertising.

Vince is the boss, he makes the decisions, and he made the decisions that paved the way for men like Ryder to even have a job. If he wants to exclude an unimportant wrestler from his product, it's his choice to do so.

I'll say this, Zack's internet show is over with me. I live for those brief moments he's on RAW, and actually try and watch NXT and Superstars when he's booked to perform. But I wonder about this: If he was actually on every week in a role on RAW would he lose 90% of his current appeal?

I mean, not getting pushed, apparently angering the boss with his show, riling up his internet fans, filling boards with posts, and him working hard to promote himself into a role with a top wrestling brand and not catching a break is his greatest appeal. Everyone loves the underdog, and Zack has done an excellent job with his show making people feel like they know him, and that sympathy is strong for him.

But once he starts getting some action, that sympathy will decline. He won't be that last forgotten guy on the roster anymore. Where will he be?

I think it is self evident he is doing his show with approval of the company, and they will milk this angle to death. The story is Zack is liked by a cadre of fans who want Zack on RAW, but big bad corporate won't give him a chance.

That strikes a cord with people, especially in this economy. That Zack is likable, and a little goofy, but puts in the work, well, everyone knows a guy like that or might be a guy like that.

The list of people in the WWE and outside the WWE that are saying they see something to this guy is growing. X-Pac just blogged about him. DZ did another cameo on the show. It just fuels the fire for the story they are running with.

We all have seen some dubious creative in the past few years, so why not let this so called 'outside' angle run for awhile, its working, and give the WWE time to answer 'whats next for Zack once he's not the forgotten one on the roster?'

Have to admit Z! Long Island Stories has been a big reason why I have gotten back into watching the WWE regularly again. I doubt I'm the only one so influenced.

I dont know if this is true, it doesnt sound very logical to shun a guy who is over with most of the crowd, but if it is then I would suggest that Ryder look for employment somewhere else. The guy has it, drive and charisma, the two biggest assets a WWE superstar can have, but hes always held down. I dont see whats wrong with Vince listening to the fans a little and giving Ryder a shot. It worked before when he was in ECW, and theres no reason why it cant work now. Hes not asking for a WWE title shot, he just wants to be on TV. I dont see the reason why he even has a cotract if WWE is not going to do anything with. Hes just another breed of underutilized guys like McIntyre and DiBiase who will eventually be future endeavoured and leave us all asking "what if".

Ryder will not be future endeavoured - his merchandise sales are on par with the top guys in WWE. They will keep him as long as they possibly can. The interesting point will come when Ryder's contract is coming up for renewal - that'll be the time when Zack can force the issue. If he walked away to TNA, there'd be a lot of people who would watch TNA to see what Ryder could do. I don't watch TNA but I am enjoying what Ryder is doing on YouTube, I like the catchphrases and the gimmick he has created and I would watch him on TNA. That would be a risky strategy for the WWE.

So Zack will probably get his time then to demand a push or he will leave.

Another thing I think could work is if they started making the idea that Vince doesn't like what Ryder is doing a little more public. Maybe they could head into LI some time in the future again, tease a Ryder appearance and then bring someone else out instead. The crowd would boo, they would chant for Ryder and Vince could cut a promo slapping them down. The TV audiences would be more exposed to Ryder, he could even come out and demand a chance to prove himself. More exposure. They could make a big thing about Ryder being held down by Vince and that would give him the babyface character that could then see him explode onto the WWE scene for good.

I think I should start posting this in every of those Ryder-Threads.

[YOUTUBE]QVMAiIGAbdI[/YOUTUBE]

Look at his recent show-up on TV: Do you hear all the Broskis blow the roof of the building when his music hits? No? Because he gets ZERO reaction at all. What do the 2% of the 10% see in him? I think its the opp of "It´s cool to hate Cena so I hate him"..."It´s cool to be a Broski so I was a fan of him since he was 5 years old"....BULLSH*T. Midcard with 1 or 2 short Titleruns at best and then dumped to Impact somewhen...:icon_wink:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back