WWE Burying Zack Ryder

Bill Lesnar feels Zach Ryder is being depushed becuase his gimmick is being used by other superstars. Bill Lesnar realises the Zach Ryder would have done better had ECW still been around, as he would have had longer to get over. Now in raw with other superstars it is harder for him to get over, and Bill Lesnar understands that Zach is still green in the ring and could not hold it in promos with Cena, Trips etc. Bill Lesnar feels Zachs test was in MAy/June and he failed. Zach didnt get over, when in the guest host segments. Bill Lesnar reckons Zach needs to move to Smackdown with over rising stars who are more on his level, to show what he is worth

Personally, I've always thought Zack Ryder should be pushed towards a world title. Possibly through the Money in the Bank match, I think Ryder would make a great world champion. Hopefully WWE can see this before he becomes future endeavored...........

The wrestling world needs jobbers. They need people the champion or a new monster heel can beat up while looking strong. Ryder is young and new, and a lot can be learned by jobbing. Jobbers can learn in-ring skills, how to sell, how to make things more realistic. I've always felt he needed some more work on making his ring skills look legit. This could just be a way of him learning more, and helping out the rising stars for now.

In fact, I have no doubt that Ryder will get his day. One day the company will feel it is time for him to get a push, and he may even win the US Championship. He's young, he's charismatic, and unlike many others in the WWE, he has a distinct and interesting personality. He just needs to work on those in-ring skills.

Are you serious, bro? Theres so much Ryder hate in this bitch. I don't get it, how can you not be entertained by this guy? I think he's awesome. In fact, he's one of my favorite wrestlers. Woo-Z never fails in making me laugh, and the guy is totally devoted to his gimmick. Have you read his twitter? That shit is hilarious!

I agree with Doctor. He's not being buried -- he's just a jobber. He's just paying his dues; I don't think he'll be future endeavor'd anytime soon. If anything, I think he's rising in the ranks. He's getting more and more TV time as the months roll by. Being in a main event squash match is infinitely better than not being on TV at all. Hell, comapred to other jobbers he's doing really well for himself -- being on NXT, having a little bit of mic time, a unique gimmick etc.

Woo. Woo. Woo. You know it.

Personally, I like Zach (I'm from Long Island). He is pretty good on the mic, but he is pretty average in the ring. On top of that, his gimmick doesnt really help him with the crowd.

He isnt a talent that should be pushed to the moon. He belongs in the midcard, maybe upper midcard. Right now, he is lower than that, but it doesnt mean he is being buried. I think he'll get his chance in the US title scene. But right now, he needs to worry about getting over.

Maybe someday we'll see something that will make us believe that he deserves better, but right now he is right where he should. But I think he has some of the tools needed to improve and make a potential move up the ladder. Just give it time.

Zack Ryder sucks. Another un-original wanna be. He's lousy on the mic & has no charisma. WOO WOO WOO. How original. They should repackage him and put him back in a tag team or get him a manager or valet to do his talking. I'm just waiting for the day I read about his release & his future endeavors on WWE.COM
He has some talent actually and I don't mind watching him at times.
Well he is better than Cena WOO WOO WOO YOU KNOW IT

I really hope they dont bury him cause i do feel he has a gimmick he can work with and his in ring work is very good. WWE please push this kid in the US title picture

...and this matters because why?

What discernible value do any of you see in Ryder, honestly? You really think mediocrity like this should be championed for it's marginal effectiveness to meet the bare minimum – that is the ability to garner a few boos and lose more matches than he wins, all while clinging to his gimmick like the crutch it is?

Ryder is flotsam – unequivocal flotsam, and inconsequential at that. To gauge his value, one need only to imagine the WWE without Ryder, which is a very simple task to accomplish. I think that's all that needs to be said about the value of run-of-the-mill Zack Ryder.

No,sir, I can't imagine WWE without Zack Ryder. You say he doesn't have a personality. What you've failed to realize is that Zack Ryder lacks a gimmick. The way he behaves on TV is the way he behaves in real life. What do you expect he's a 25 year old guy from Long Island. The WWE hasn't given him anything he didn't already have,and using that and his twitter account he has created a die hard fan base in the WWE Universe. The loud clothes,the WWWYKI, that was his already,they just hid it when he was working for Edge but then it came out during the Dirt Sheet. The WWE are currently not interested in putting him on Raw week in and week out,but I guarantee you, with the whole Jersey Shore craze right now,if they made him a face and started seeling those headband and some purple WWWYKI Tees they'd be selling like hotcakes.Zack Ryder is a potential gold mine for WWE,they are just not using him correctly. He's been teaming with Curt for the majority of his wrestling career,he hasn't had time to grow as a singles competitor,give him some time. Just because you see him jobbing right now means fuck all in the long run. Your boy Jeffro was jobbing at Ryder's age too. AND JEFFERY NERO HARDY IS STILL BLAND AS FUCK YEARS LATER. Ryder's been with the WWE since he was about 19 and hasn't been in a major angle yet so in the hell do you know if he has star power yet? I bet you probably haven't even watched him before,you just felt like mud slinging.He was #117 on your precious PWI 500 and he still has decades left in him. That's a ton of fucking room to learn and grow.Stop comparing everything to fucking Rock,Hogan,and Austin and maybe you'll actually find yourself liking something

I don't think they are burying him at all. Things happen. Eventually he will either get over, or he won't.

I think pretty soon the guy with get his push. Then it will be up to him to use it productively. I think WWE actually likes the guys a lot. This point in someone's career, any exposure for him is decent. He isn't supposed to be some hugely over bad ass that will run through competition.

It hasn't damaged his gimmick in any way at all. He is a big mouth that people want to see get his ass handed to him. But, I think eventually his way as a Heel will be to back up that trash talk and get the victory by any means necessary. Whether it be a pull of the tights or brass knucks in his own tights. I think one day we will see Ryder way over.

For some reason he reminds me of Chris Jericho.

Didn't read the other posts so if this has already been said, my apologies.

Fuck him.

The guy is a "Strong Island" and/or Jersey Shore walking talking parody stereo-type. With a gimmick like that he's supposed to be a fuckin' joke, jobbing out left and right. That's his only purpose.

When the idiot character is written to say and do idiot things it's to be expected that he's not the hero of the piece but merely a one-note joke meant for comic relief. This isn't Shakespeare, he's not cast in the mold of Falstaff. He's here not to get over—especially if he's a heel—with his buffoonery or win matches and "look good", climb the ladder, win championships etc. (Though if and when those last few things do happen it's only to build a face up so that that when they cut Ryder down it's means more)

Point is, you can't really "bury" a joke like him. I doubt this will lead to his getting fired as he seems to be doing his job quite well. If anything he may be rewarded for this time on the bottom rung and be given something of substance if he can stick around long enough.

Okay, well, I think there is a time and place for everyone. It will take time for people to reach their 'potential.' I admit, I wasn't a fan of this guy at first. He does have some redeeming qualities. I do admire his humor, and his way for poking fun at the Jersey Shore stereotype. I would like to bring up someone who was in this place a few years ago and EVERYONE seems to be on the bandwagon for this guy now. A young fella by the name of The Miz. He was the same way when he started a while back. He did seem to always be the butt of jokes for people when hosting the Diva Search and his "Reality Check" show or whatever it was called. He did have to pay quite a few dues. Now it is just going to show that people still have to go a ways to get to their moment. I don't disagree that Miz or Zack are both talented. Zack does have a mouth on him, but there obviously had to be 'something' there for WWE and Vince and the upper mgmt to keep him around this long. I am someone who still thinks that he will reach his goal and get a singles belt soon. Even if it is just a US or IC, I think he will get there.

Zack Ryder is an under appriciated talent. He's a good worker, decent on the mic, and ACTUALLY has a gimmick.

Speaking of which... when exactly did he stop wearing those weird tights? They were a bit strange to look at, but very unique and memorable. I'm talking about the ones where one half was like brief tights and the other was like the full length tights.

I gotta say I disagree. First, I think he is great on the mic, better than Morrison, Ziggler, Kofi, Drew, DiBiase, or anyone else in the midcard aside from Miz and Cody.

I think I'd rate Dolph Ziggler a little bit higher than Zack Ryder as far as mic work goes, but you're definitely right that Zack is better than a lot of people on the mic. The only problem is that it's hard to take him seriously with that gimmick - it screams "I'm a low end mid-carder or high end JTTS for the rest of my career."

It kind of reminds me of The Honky Tonk Man (yes, I remember that he was one of the longest reigning I-C champs of all time), The Red Rooster, the WWE's version of Dusty Rhodes, Koko B. Ware, etc. It's just really tough to take someone who dresses and acts like a doof - even if it is unique and somewhat amusing - seriously.

I don't think he's getting "buried" as much as he is just on the wrong show. There is just too much other stuff going on raw right now and there are too many top tier talents on raw that midcarders and lower don't really get much of an opportunity to shine. He's stuck in a rut but if he moves to smackdown or if some of the overloaded talent on raw moves to smackdown then I think he'll have a good opportunity to make more of a name for himself again

He's not getting buried. He honestly just hasn't gotten the right push. Eventually Zach Ryder will be a respectable superstr but at this point he's just working his way up the ladder. The while Cody Rhodes promo was not that big of a deal, Rhodes just needed something to say. While I do like Ryder, I don't think he should be getting much more of a push. He's not ready yet, he's not that good in ring, but his mic skills are fairly good. That being said I don't think he'll get released. He hasn't done anything wrong and he's getting better.

There buring him, and it sucks. I like Zach Rider, he's a good wrestler, good mic skills, and had one of the most unique attire I've seen in quite sometime. WWE should have given Zach a fighting chance against Sheamus. Come on WWE don't bury Zach...... PLEASE

I agree with ThomasRKOSeay. I think Ryder was actually good on ECW and has good mic skills - I just wish he had a better gimmick.I think a lot of the problem is how he has been portrayed...he has some great moves that could bring him up if only he had a better perception

seriously hardly anyone knows who Zack Ryder is he cant get get the fans on his side or against him especially without his look alike Hawkins WWE holds on to Santino and Hornswaggle for comedy purposes but where do you see this guy in 3-6 months.:confused:Exactly he is an embarrisment and his wrestling skills are nothing to be proud of. I still dont see why people get behind ryder when there is new worthy talent on the roster (Ziggy,JoMo,DiBiase).WWE should cut their losses with this wannabe edge and just release him already.

Wow. Just wow. This entire thread is just level upon level of failure, the likes of which I've rarely seen. First we have the people complaining about how the WWE is "burying" Zack Ryder, which in itself is quite humorous considering there's nothing to bury there. Don't get me wrong, Ryder is a damn good talent, he's solid in the ring, he's good on the stick and he can get some good old fashioned cheap heat with just how blatantly annoying and douchey he is, and I see bright things for the guy if he just sticks around for awhile and earns his stripes. But right now he's doing exactly what he should be doing, main eventing episodes of Superstars as a low midcarder. The fact that he lost to Sheamus the other night really wasn't an attempt to "bury" Ryder in any way so much as it was an attempt to make Sheamus look good by squashing someone, which is something they need to do what with the WWE for some reason liking to book these young guys like Sheamus and Swagger as champs but then not actually have them win cleanly over anyone of note or be put over in any way whatsoever.

Then we have the people in here all shitting on Ryder and the OP for making the thread, and while I agree the thread is foolish, Ryder is rather good but is simply still young and needs seasoning, not everyone gets to just jump to the main event like Brock Lesnar or John Cena. Give him time.

As most others have stated, Ryder needs to be something to actually be buried...as for ryder,hes got a good and most of all a unique gimmick that in my opinion would work better as a funny face. He has a good look, decent wrestling skills,above average mic work,great music and a funny catchphrase. He does have the potential to be a solid mid card champion..but theres still a long way to go for that.
To be honest,getting any kind of tv time on raw with a main eventer is way better than not being on tv at all.

Buried?? Who Zack Ryder?? Next there'll be thread complaining about how the WWE's misusing Layla. Ryder has come futher than I ever though(just look at Curt Hawkins) but I don't think he's done anything of note for people to accuse WWE of burying him.
Right now, he's in limbo, mainly due to the ambiguity of his gimmick.He's meant to be a heel, yet is often booked in face type situations e.g against Sheamus. Maybe from that perspective we can complain and say, they are taking him in the wrong direction, but to say he's being buried would be to wrongly imply that he's done something.

Most likely they will Job Zach Ryder for the next few months. Then they will start to give him a push, towards the upper card and right when he is about to get big...they will release him. Remember this is the WWE we are talking about. It makes perfect sense for them to do this.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back