Vickie Guerrero: Diva's Champion?

#hamler

That's all folks.
Seriously.

I was reading a post earlier about something I don't remember when the poster started talking about putting the belt on Vickie. I thought, "I'd be into that," and here I am.

How bad or awesome would it be to have Vickie Guerrero as the Diva's Champion? Right now, Kelly Kelly is the most over diva currently in the WWE. She has mediocre in ring ability, a phenomenal look, and probably one of the main faces of the WWE Diva's Division. Despite all of that, very few people still give a flying fuck about who is holding the Diva's Championship. But could all of that change with a one/two month title reign from Vickie Guerrero?

The Diva's Championship doesn't mean much to anyone. It holds very little prestige but at the same time, it's the only thing that can get a diva a little TV time on a weekly basis. With that said, will a Vickie title reign spark a bit of interest in an already dead division?

I could see numerous storylines to work with here, hell, involve Kharma when she returns. Vickie is already more over than most of the male superstars on the roster, so why not?

-Would this be a horrible idea?

-Would anyone like to see Vickie Guerrero as the Diva's Champion?

-Would her reign as Diva's Champion be something good for the Division?

i would like too see this first of all she would add a new face to the Diva's divison and perhaps a fued saying she ruined the worth of the Title it could be relevent and fun to watch

You beat me to this, I was just thinking earlier today about doing this thread. I was gonna do it tomorrow but anyways to answer the questions...

1. NO! I think its a great idea!

2. It's not that I would like to see it but I wouldnt mind it. This division is the shits anyways especially since Kong/Kharma is out for awhile so why not give it to someone who is an excellent mouth piece. This way it would at least be entertaining.

3. Idk if it would be good for the division because she cant wrestle not that many of the "divas" can but it would be very entertaining and would give her even more heat. I actually think she should be the champ when Kharma returns now that kharma is looking like a face.

1 - It would be interesting to say the least.. but I'm not sure if it's a good idea.. but if that's what the championship needs to get noticed than do it why not?

2 - Like I said it would be interesting.. but who would she go over? and who would she feud with for the title? I'd say let her win it cheaply like the title gets vacated then it gets handed to Vickie or something like that, and She could face divas like Kharma and Kelly Kelly and always ending the match with a purpose disqualification until the GM makes.. I don't know.. an "Extreme Makeover" match between her and a top diva where she loses? that sounds ok I guess.

3 - And yes as I mentioned before Vickie would get the championship noticed and everyone will actually want to know what happens next.

Hell it worked with Stephanie Mcmahon back in the day and her and Vicki have similar roles. Plus Vicki is a million times uglier than Steph so it will be even easier for her to get more heat for having the title. Let her dick around and cheat her way to a couple months reign then have Kharma come back and tear her ass apart. Id pay to see that.

It isn't a horrible idea it would actually get people into the belt. Only thing is, and correct me if im wrong, but isn't vickie a terrible wrestler? I figure she could team with a diva and either manage her or hey maybe she helps vickie win. It would work if she had the belt but they have to start from the ground up with the divas division

Yes & No. First off, she's not the best Wrestler in the Diva's department, so that could be a really big hinderance there. However, it's new, interesting and it could work. She'd definitely be a great heel with it, possibly using Dolph Ziggler to her advantage.

Sure, why the hell not? They gave it to Kelly Kelly, why not give it to Vickie? It would be nice if Vickie was the one who took a MASSIVE beating from Kharma when she came back, giving her the Belt.

More than likely. I see it working well, what with Vickie being a massive heel and having Ziggler on her side. If the WWE worked it well, this could be pulled off in a great fashion, or it could fall very flat indeed.

NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO A MILLION TIMES NO!

i maybe the only person who still cares about the divas division but idc the idea of giving vickie guerrero the divas title is 1 of the worst ideas i have ever seen on these forums! the original poster is a complete feces dumdum (as cm punk would say) vickie should NEVER wrestle i have gotten used to her as a manager and have no problem with her in tht role but as a wrestler shes worse then any diva ever was! if vickie wins the divas title i will change the channel everytime she comes on my tv its just a horrible idea and the fact anybody would ever consider tht is a epic fail end of story.

Vickie Guerrero only knows one move.Anybody that says Vickie Guerrero should be Divas champion, but Kelly Kelly shouldn't, knows nothing about wrestling.If she was the champion, she would run away, retaining the title by count out or she'd get counted out or disqualified.Kelly Kelly should remain Divas champion until Kharma makes her return.

Bless her heart for getting so much fitter, but would her body be able to handle the impact?

Sure, she'd be able to pull off a shoulder block, but if you haven't wrestled pro for a long time, then you will hurt yourself.

If my mom suddenly started doing splashes, DDT's or powerbombs she would break her bones.

I know Vicky isn't the prettiest ol' girl in the locker, but still don't want a lady of her age to injure herself, because apparently she is a sweetheart in real life.

Seriously pretty awesome idea you have there, but I'd give her the belt but have a messed up clause where by she herself doesn't have to defend it but has another "hired" diva to do the dirty work? This would have worked with Kong but because she's not there why not Beth or Melina? OR anyone just make a really annoying clause on the contract that leads to Vickie hardly wrestling untill she feels like it?

I'm guessing you could set this up now, get Kelly Kelly really pissed off at Vickie so she signs any contract to defend the title at a PPV and BAM that's that done... Then go ahead with the storyline? Thoughts?

Vickie Guerrero as Divas Champion....well it'd definitely be a mixed bag.

The main problem is, of course, Vickie can't wrestle to save her life. The few times we've seen her "wrestle" in matches, it's been downright painful to watch. It's been pretty friggin' awful. I mean "I wanna put my thumbs through my eyes and tear them out of their sockets" awful.

The only real positive out of this would be the type of reaction Vickie gets. Vickie Guerrero is a walking, talking furnace. The woman generates heat like nobody else in wrestling at this point and that would certainly continue if she were Divas Champion. However, Vickie is 43 years old, she has no in-ring experience whatsoever and it just seems extremely unlikely this will happen. Besides, Kelly Kelly is the most over Diva on the roster. Fans are legitimately glad to see her when she comes out and always gets a good reaction.

I am torn. It could either make a mockery of the womens division even more than usual, but it could also make for great TV, with a heel cheating champion using her man to keep the belt. Steph won the title as a non-wrestling heel and it worked then. Maybe it would work now.

For a short while I wouldnt be totally against this. She would get some SERIOUS heat if she won the belt, particularly if her man also held a title at the same time. They could cut promos saying they are the new "power couple" in the WWE and it would help push Dolph too.

It would put some more interest on the womens division that is for sure, and make people actually care about it. Having Vickie as the heel champion who manages to survive for a few months against all opponents (including a 1 off challenge from ex-divas like Trish, Ivory or Lita) could work, and then she could cut a promo saying she has beaten everyone and is the most dominant womens champion of all time and she will face anyone who dares challenge her, and then out comes Kharma, to absolutely squash Vickie and take her title.

It would get Kharma instantly noticed again, be the perfect end to a heel champion and get a massive reaction.

Might have been referring to my post which occurred in which divas should be fired, anyways:

To those who say she lacks wrestling skills, hate to say this but does the majority at this present give a damn about the division? It's irrelevant if Vickie can wrestle or not, the idea is she proclaims to be the best, using her heelish ways to keep the belt and make the title relevant. Audiences love the villian to get what is coming to them and in terms of women, Vickie is only a different level than the others in getting a crowd reaction.

The division is dead, Kharma to me was the answer to get people interested again... who would stop this woman, what does she want and so forth but that ended and we are left with nothing... step forward Vickie and do a similar thing to what Stephanie did all those years ago now and then drop it to the most over face (which was Lita at the time). That face diva becomes relevant, Vickie might continue to want the title back or they can create a relevant heel straight from it

Think about it when Kelly Kelly loses the title would anyone care who won it unless it was Vickie?

I say yes, simply because the women's division as of now is just to break up the monotony of the shows; no one cares to a significant degree about the division. Vickie, however, is a heat magnet. Everyone hates her and she regularly garners massive negative reactions. This could, at least, make the fans care a little about the division.

So, I say yes. This could help a division that the fans largely do not care about.

Hell no!!! Are you all insane? Vickie Guerrero is not a wrestler/diva, no chance in hell she should be Diva's champion. Kelly Kelly might not be the best diva out there, but at least she is hot ( so damn hot) that i don't mind her being on tv. Vickie, well she is Vickie she isn't too bad looking but compared to Kelly Kelly she has no chance. Vickie Guerrero should stay as a manager.

Woah, Hamler ... just woah.

- Would this be a horrible idea?

Well, I think it'd be a horrible-but-sorta-awesome-kinda idea. Like J4L and Naitch, I am kinda split both ways. But not because of the wrestling thing. People have said "Vickie can't wrestle" and while this is true, in what way is it detrimental to the way the Divas division is currently run?

You can drag a few bumps out of Vickie and she can pull all kinds of heel stuff like retaining by countout and getting her friends and allies to basically win for her. We sort of need Michelle back as an enforcer or put Tamina in that role.

My concern is that the angle could go on too long a la Cole/Lawler. But, then again, is this a bad thing? I'm not sure.

Yeah, mostly because she is at risk of becoming stale and her heat so thinly straddled the line between legit and X-Pac heat in the past. While I see her heat as true heat, if creative does not keep up the initiative with Vickie G it could change pretty fast.

Depends how it was booked. Send her up against Kelly and Eve, and have a bodyguard type character to bully them. Hell, even give Vickie a small group of them. Bellas + Tamina could work quite nicely. Then bring in Phoenix and/or Nattie, which will help to get them over again. The problem with Divas is take them off-screen for long enough and their overness fades, people forget who they are. Look how over Natalya was during her title run on Raw and compare that to now with her minor league feuds on SD. However I'd be wary of dragging this out to a Kharma return, that's quite a long time away. But hell, I could wait it out.

Ultimately at this stage for the Divas, no publicity is bad publicity, and bad publicity is no publicity. So I see this on the whole as a potentially great angle for the lot of them.

Also would it be possible that you could recover from this by playing Vickie as a sweet, motherly face character?

Iv never thought of having Vickie as Diva's Champion. It'd be pretty awesome tho. She is, IMO, the most over diva in the WWE. She is awesome on the mic, better than most of the guys. But if she was champion would anyone take her serious ? I mean she can't wrestle, and i don't think it'd be good for the division for the same reason. (Cena carnt wrestle and he's champion so maybe it'd work). But regardless of that i'd love to see her as Diva's Champion.

she gets a better reaction that all of the Diva's and most of the men on the roster, so I don't think its a horrible idea in that aspect, but we all know she cannot wrestle

We've seen Vince as WWE Champion, Stephanie as the Womens Champion, and Shame as the European and Hardcore Champion, so its not a far stretch that Vicki could capture the silver butterfly belt, hell its a vast improvement over the Bella's and Smelly Kelly.

Again she draws more heat that all the other Diva's, the only thing that would hinder her is her inability to wrestle, but who knows maybe being a Guerrero has somehow rubbed off on her and she has some basic skills

I think it would be a great idea. Vickie would spark some interest in the divas division. Who cares if Vickie cant wrestle, when garbage like Kelly-Kelly can become the divas champ, why cant Vickie? Vickie draws more heat from the crowd than any other heel.

Another idea to add some interest in the divas division, I would have Santino dress up as a diva and pretend he is a woman. Let him win the divas title.

Might have been referring to my post which occurred in which divas should be fired.

This is the guy. Rep him for inspiring a great thread idea.

I'm so glad I created this thread. Some interesting responses here and most were either torn or loved the idea of Vickie Guerrero as the Diva's Champion (which caught me way off guard). I noticed a few of you saying her wrestling ability would get in the way of her reign. Well, I highly doubt that. Vickie can throw a punch, kick and can usually fall on her ass and sell it real well which is more than I can say for alot of the other divas on the roster. Let's face it, in a weird way she's hilariously entertaining in a match.

I wasn't trying to shit on the other divas on the roster, in fact I love a good amount of them, but very few care about them anymore. Vickie Guerrero would do nothing but spark interest in a horribly dead division. I believe Vickie's actual in ring wrestling skills have little to nothing to do with the success of her title reign. I for one would die to see it. In my opinion, the perfect chance passed when she was with Lay-Cool. Who knows, it might still happen, but I do hope she gets her hands on the title someday.

NOoooooooooO!!!!

We just got over a year long run with LayCool as the Divas co-champions! They missed their mark if they wanted to make Vickie the champion. She is slowly losing her massive heat (probably due to being on the same brand as Michael Cole) and she needs to use what heat she has left to put over wrestlers. I want to see more managers in the future for WWE, and Vickie is a classic heel manager.

It wouldn't bother me too much. However, I don't think it will do much for Ziggles. She outshines him as a goofball, annoying twat, and as a heat magnet. Ziggles doesn't need another knock against him that his "whatever" Vickie makes the crowd move better as a champion.

Someone else said that they should've given the title to her last year. I think that would've been the better time because there wasn't much going on with the divas outside of shoving LayCool onto EVERY FUCKING SHOW. LayCool was a massive bomb because despite all of that promo, segment and match time, they couldn't get the crowd to move if they started shooting out rounds. Vickie, on the other hand, is the only reason people reacted to anything the divas (when she was with LayCool) and Kofi vs Ziggles marathon of never ending matches.

Rather people like it or not, they are focused on pushing Kelly, the Bellas, and to an extend, Eve.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back