The WWE career of Vickie Guerrero

CM Steel

A REAL American
After the sudden death of Eddie Guerrero. His widow Vickie Guerrero started working for the WWE a year and a half full-time in her late husband's name. She slowly went from a shy face to a mega heel after gaining Stephanie McMahon-like heat from the WWE universe as the wicked heel general manager of Smackdown. Vickie made appearances on WWE TV with Eddie before his death. But since Eddie's death, Vickie had gained super weight and the WWE did not like that at all. To the point where they started making fun of Vickie's weight on TV calling her a pig and such. (Be a Star!)

So after the Extreme Rules pay per-view in 2009, Vickie Guerrero chose to leave the WWE under her own power. She did the WWE for Eddie. And she did him proud! But months after that, Vickie Guerrero was back in the WWE. Managing new comer and storyline boyfriend Eric Escobar. Who had a short-lived career in the WWE even after being a former FCW champion in Florida. Vickie Guerrero is in the WWE ti'l this very day. She's done everything a woman could do in the WWE except win the WWE Diva's championship.

What would you rate the so-far career of "Latina Heat" Vickie Guerrero? Her footprints would be hard to follow in the wrestling business for one of Vickie's daugther's.

I've very much enjoyed Vickie Guerrero because, quite frankly, she's been extremely good in her role. While I do think that there've been times where she's been a little overexposed on WWE television, she's someone that's worked hard to get herself over. She's one of the most over heels in pro wrestling and has been for several years. When you generate so much heat that, at times, you can barely be heard talking, and sometimes even screaming, on the microphone, it's impressive whether you're a wrestler or a non-wrestler. She's also used that heat to help get wrestlers over that needed heat like Dolph Ziggler & LayCool. She also, in my eyes, sort of revitalized Edge to some degree.

She's changed her image a bit by going from this sort of frumpy woman into, in my opinion, an attractive middle age woman. She's not in the league of the likes of the Divas in terms of looks but, for a "normal person", she's an attractive woman. The fact that she lost a ton of weight didn't hurt either.

I guess the greatest mark of her success in WWE is that she's no longer just the woman who married Eddie Guerrero. She's forged her own place in WWE in a completely separate & distinct way from her late hubby.

I hate it when people say she is getting "cheap" heat. What does that even mean? There was a time when she was one of the most boo'd characters in history. You could barely hear her talk because the noise was so deafening. It seems to have tapered off a bit recently, but she is still getting as much heat as the bigger heels are. Maybe even more depending on the venue and the crowd.

I don't get the "cheap" heat comments. If someone is booing you and you're a heel, then you're doing a great job.

Vickie Guerrero will one day join her husband in the Hall of Fame. Not because she was Eddie's wife, but because she deserves it. Anyone who thinks otherwise needs to get a clue. Such uncanny heat. If they had a male superstar who could draw such hatred from the crowd he'd be the WWE champion in no time.

I have always liked Vickie as well. She gets nuclear heat, and to me it doesn't matter why. As Jack Hammer said she can barely be heard when she is screaming the crowd is booing her so loud. If the wrestlers could get that kind of heat they would be title material for sure. I believe she has really done her best to become good at what she does, and that should not be taken away from her. She has transferred her heat somewhat onto the guys she manages, and I think she is a really good woman to have around.

Honestly, I think she gets boatloads of undue credit. It isn't so much that she generates heat with her personality; it's more that the audience has been conditioned to react to her in the manner they do. As if they're thinking: "Wow, here comes the funny looking lady with the screechy voice. It's time to boo!" So, they do.

That's she's been able to get over with this dreck is more a tribute to the Creative team than anything of Vickie's doing.

The crowd in the arena used to love chanting "Suck it" at the appointed moment Road Dogg gave them their cue. They shouted the same words when Triple H did it. Now, when Vickie yells "Excuse me!" the audience knows it's time to boo loud enough to drown out every word she's saying.

It's great fun (for awhile), it's harmless.......and it doesn't indicate that Vickie has a shred of talent or could generate this kind of reaction with an routine of her own creation. She lucked into this gig.....bully for her.

So, enjoy Vickie's act, if that's your pleasure......just don't pretend we're looking at the second coming of Meryl Streep when it comes to performing ability.

I'd say she has done quite well in her WWE career. I couldn't stand her, even before she became the annoying "EXCUSE ME" heel we have all come to love to hate. I always found her to be incredibly annoying such as involvement in older angles before she was even a GM. Then she became the Smackdown GM got involved with Edge to help him win matches and basically just be incredibly biased in his favor. She started to demand "respect" of the audience when she was speaking and with her already being so annoying, having her yell EXCUSE ME got on fans' nerves even more. Then there was La Familia, one of the strangest stables in WWE history which she ran along with Edge. We as fans were so frustrated that we got used to boo'ing her if we even heard her talk. The rest is history.

She's been GM for both Raw and Smackdown. Managing wrestlers such as Edge, Jack Swagger, and of course Dolph Ziggler. Vickie even worked a match at Wrestlemania 26 with the divas. The worst match of the night by far, but still an event she can brag about having been a part of. Other than winning the Divas Championship (which I hope NEVER happens) she has done everything she realistically can ever do in the WWE. Even though most of her heel heat is "go away heat" she has still become one of the best heels of this era and her character will be looked back upon as someone we loved to hate once all is said and done. I'm a little tired of her at this point, but will not ignore what she has accomplished. Vickie has done very well.

She gets a ton of heat, without question...from people who were already in attendance. What I mean by this is, she never put one ass in a seat. No one goes to an event to boo her. They do it once they are there because that's what you do. There is always one knight at Medieval Times that gets heat because it is his role. No one goes there to boo some random knight and no one buys a WWE event ticket to boo Vickie Guerrero.

I agree she does a great job getting heat and should be lauded for that; but, this belief that she is a hall of famer based on this is ridiculous. Her character is hated, but she is no heel genius. She is an unattractive woman with an annoying voice who ALSO is a heel character. Slap a hot body, pretty face and normal voice on this act and she gets mediocre heat. My point is she is being given way too much credit for happenstance on this thread.

Again, her heat is HUGE and she is doing a fine job with it; but, you guys need to calm down before coronating her the greatest woman to touch the WWE.

She's done a good job. A fine heel manager who has been a good partner for Dolph Ziggler. She carries herself as a woman to be disliked and has a good sense of humor about herself. I enjoy her in her role and hope she continues to improve her character.

No matter anyones opinion on her, you have to admit she is over. I think she is a great throwback heel. Reminds me a bit of Sherri. Her with Dolph reminded me of a young HBK w/ Sherri type partnership.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back