What's Happened To Vickie Guerrero?

TJWWE

Pre-Show Stalwart
I for one am a fan of Vickie Guerrero and respect her for what she is doing in WWE and how she is carrying on Eddie's legacy.

Now back in 2008, when she was the GM of Smackdown, that was my favourite time for her as it real shown that she was the most hated character and got the most heat and to this day, to a point, still does.

Fast forward 5 years, it's 2013 and Vickie is the managing supervisor of RAW. She doesn't appear that much and when she does, she still gets the good heat.

Now, I am dissapointed that Vickie isn't in a higher role. If she was put with someone, that man or even diva would get the heat. When she was with Ziggler, fans booed him even more and with Laycool, they barely got a reaction and when Vickie was with them, they got heat.

I would love for Vickie to return to Smackdown and once again be the GM of the show and do what she did 5 years ago, be in the main event feuds every now and then. I would hate for Vickie to just be released all of a sudden.

What do you think should happen to Vickie?

Characters whose main function is to be an annoyance have a limited shelf life. Honestly, I'm surprised she's been employed this long, but I've always believed that when Eddie died, Vince McMahon was feeling generous and said to Vickie: "You've got a job here as long as you want one."

Maybe I'm completely wrong about that. After all, a few years ago Vickie "quit" the company, in what I felt was a desire to take a Summer vacation to spend time with her kids, who were out of school. Sure enough, the Fall came around and Vickie decided she wanted her job back. If that's the way things went down, she should have been ashamed for taking advantage of an employer that had given her a way to earn money when they really had no need of her.

Yes, the whole "Excuse me" stuff was amusing for awhile: a way to entertain a crowd that likes to get involved in the action. Problem is; that's all she's got. Having the fans and performers make fun of her appearance is hardly the stuff a useful career is built on, but she catered to it, so I'll presume it didn't bother her.

So okay, the company has now de-emphasized her role, at least temporarily. I would say she's outlived her function, but then WWE might go back and decide she's an entertaining character, after all. Who really knows?

This is a tough one to call, because it seems illogical she's been around this long.....therefore, I can't imagine what they'll do with her in the future.

You know the E just doesn't give "payoffs"- and Vickie is a great example.

Vickie managed Zigs for 3 years. And can anyone remember how they broke up or ended their relationship?

There was just so any storylines, emotions, and entertainment sitting there... they did nothing!

They could have had Ziggler turn on her, she could had some sympathy, but ultimately start a fued with Ziggler of her being cast off.

Not only could it build a currently storyline, it also adds to the frabric of drama later on. Then years after, whenever the 2 cross path, that break-up would always be in the back of the viewer's mind.

I think Vickie is underated character. She bringed legitimate heat and neither people or WWE doesnt give her enough credit for that. Read somewhere that her pay was underated too and that she makes very little on her role in WWE. Damn shame for her on that deal if its true...

I am still hoping that her and Eddies daughter makes back to WWE and that she manages her. It could be very good role for her in general...

I agree with you for the most part. I've enjoyed her work & I think that it would be a shame to see Vickie just get released. But I don't think sticking Vickie back in her Smackdown GM role would do any good. I think she has overplayed her time as a GM figure (bascially being the "fall guy" so to speak for years now when Vince needs someone for a management role) & rehashing the same old things wouldn't benefit anyone.

Vickie has been used very well as manager in recent years & since both Swagger & Ziggler have their own managers now I think it could be the perfect time to pair Vickie up with someone different as well. I really wouldn't mind any new, different or interesting pairing with Vickie. I could see anyone from a Ted Dibiase to a returning R-Truth utilize her talents well & help them get over. I think anyone with a lack of a reaction or TV time could really benefit from her.

But my #1 pick/pairing with Vickie would have to be...................ZACK RYDER!!! Not only does Zack lack any real momentum right now but a complete 360 heel turn may do wonders for him. & I could see the story now, The Oilder up Broski from the LI & The Latin Cougar together at last!?! They could really do some great work together & I think it'd be the best thing for both performers right now.

she came in most due to the Guerrero name but has really come along as an on screen figure, she deserves credit for that.

I've enjoyed Vickie's work as a heel. She's been great at generating heat and helping heels get over with fans.

However, personally, I'm glad that she's no longer such a central figure. We've seen FAR, FAR too many instances in wrestling over the years, whether it be WWE or TNA or ROH or WCW, in which non wrestlers, namely authority figures, are the focus of the major feuds. While there have been the authority figure/wrestler feuds throughout wrestling history, it entered a completely different level during the Monday Night Wars with Vince McMahon & Eric Bischoff being front & center of the companies top feuds. Since then, every well known wrestling company in the United States has followed suit at various times.

Personally, I very much like what WWE is doing with the authority figures right now. We see them once or twice on Raw or SD! for only a few minutes and that's it until next week. While I like Vickie and respect the dedication & legit hard work she's put in, I think she's ultimately had her time in the spotlight as a major character.

I was surprised she lasted this long as well. I feel she's best suited as a manager or a really evil GM. Another thing as someone else pointed out "characters built on annoyance has limited shelf life". Quite frankly the "excuse me" thing is running it's course.

She has plenty of worth. Her character isn't to say excuse me but that might be a component of her persona. How much steam would a Ric Flair speech lose without one whooo even if it was a masterpiece of words?
If she remains heel for her whole career I see that as her prerogative but I also see her as being the female counterpart to Bobby Heenan. I can also see her playing other roles as member of the brass. Maybe as a figurehead president, acting GM, some type of booster for her daughter, GM of a start brand like maybe a reinstated ECW.. She adds drama to storylines, she could be someone who enlists wrestlers to do her evil bidding for bounties, etc. She in no way, shape, or form represents the athletic aspects of the sport but she representa the soap opera elements that help to make wrestling wrestling.. Cut her a break..

P.S.
Characters whose main function is to be an annoyance have a limited shelf life. Honestly, I'm surprised she's been employed this long, but I've always believed that when Eddie died, Vince McMahon was feeling generous and said to Vickie: "You've got a job here as long as you want one."
Yeah thats a common practice, you act like he set a precedence by allowing her as an employees widow the ability to take care of their family..
Maybe I'm completely wrong about that. After all, a few years ago Vickie "quit" the company, in what I felt was a desire to take a Summer vacation to spend time with her kids, who were out of school. Sure enough, the Fall came around and Vickie decided she wanted her job back. If that's the way things went down, she should have been ashamed for taking advantage of an employer that had given her a way to earn money when they really had no need of her.
How in the name of God would you be close enough to her or her family to even piece that theory together? If she did so what? I bet Dusty Rhodes wish he was home to see his kids grow up.. I'm sure Flair would had taken a summer for his family too.. They don't have a need for a lot of staff or wrestlers if you look hard enough, I'm sure she never cost WWE as much as Yoshi Tatsu, or Esse Rios or the Oddities.. McMahon doesn't have to do anything he doesn't want to do (as evidenced by him ignoring Jack Tunney's death, etc) and if she got her job back after quitting, she probably had some worth..

You sound jealous and bitter, im fucking destitute and i dont get the angst in your words..

I think we can attribute her scaled back role of late to Mania season. Things get kinda cramped as there are many high profile fueds that need time. Not only that, but her character had no part or stake in any of those main fueds which made her a background character during the road to Mania. Now with the season over I can see her becoming a bigger part of the show again. I can see there being a story involving her and her assistant now that there is more time for everyone ele.

I'm kind of liking the more "tweener" role the Vicki is doing. She doesn't' always favor the heel even to the point of tipping the scales in favor of the baby faces. The tweener is becoming a lost art. The last great tweener was,Shawn Michaels in his program with Hulk Hogan. I'm hoping that Ryback goes the tweener role rather than a full fledged heel.

What do you mean ESSA Rios, the Oddities, Yoshi Tatsu cost McMahon money. But Vickie needs to be managing and on the mic a little more.

the money WWE spent on those guys didn't equal a good investment is what i mean. WWE can get bang for its buck with Vicki because she adds drama to basic dynamics. She can aid up and coming heels that aren't getting much attention also. She has Lex Luthor appeal..

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back