Edge's WHC match on 2/4/11

Fire Marshall Bill

Let me show ya somethin!!!
Last night Vickie Guerrero announced that Edge will be in a mixed tag team handicap match with Kelly Kelly vs. Dolph Ziggler and Laycool. My understanding from what they said is if either Edge or Kelly Kelly get pinned he loses the WHC.

Does anyone else find something wrong with this?

I mean, Vickie said it was going to be an unprecedented type match... Well of course it is, because it's stupid. So you're telling me if Layla pins Kelly Kelly that Edge loses the WHC? To me, this is worse than getting stripped of the title. If Friday came around and Edge was stripped of the title by Vickie Guerrero she would at least have a leg to stand on (however heelish and cheap) since Edge did technically use a banned move to help win against Ziggler at RR (him using the Killswitch was awesome though). Not to mention the title would then be vacated so someone would actually have to earn it if even in a heelish way. But by having Ziggler win it through someone else pinning someone who isn't even champion just makes it look terrible, let alone that it's Diva's... I honestly feel that would be a horrible start to a championship reign and would ultimately doom Ziggler.

Do I see this actually playing out where Ziggler wins the belt? Probably not likely as Del Rio is facing whoever walks out of EC the champion. That would likely be Edge since they already have a feud started. If Ziggler did get the belt on Friday he'd almost certainly have to lose it at EC which would make his run worthless. He's been doing really well lately and is getting really over and I would hate to see that happen to him. But the match on Smackdown still really bothers me.

I don't usually rant, but they could've played this out better in my mind.

Any thoughts? Maybe a better idea on how they could've "punished" Edge?

I actually think it will be a very interesting dynamic. But then again, I try to remain hopeful of the Divas. The idea is that the odds are stocked against Edge and Kelly Kelly but I'm pretty sure it will be a Handicap match of a Tag Team style so its not as bad as a 3 on 2 tornado match.

I see this leading to a temporary Drew/Ziggler feud. Something is going to happen to KK and Drew will come out, scare off Vickie and Laycool(even though last time the ladies looked like they wanted to get it on with Drew when they saw him), and beat up Ziggler badly.

I'm kind of interested in how this could play out. Gotta admit that it's something a little bit different. As others have said, I look for this to somehow involve Drew McIntyre coming to Kelly Kelly's aid when it's all said and done, maybe even leading to a fully fledged face turn for McIntyre.

It could be a way for McIntyre to be injected into a meaningful feud, which is something that he hasn't been part of for a while so I'm curious to see how this is going to play out.

I guess I didn't think about the McIntyre angle. That would at least put some sense into how Kelly Kelly got involved. It would also give Ziggler something to do while Edge and Del Rio feud. My main concern with this match is if the belt DOES change hands, however unlikely.

I know what happens, but i will not spoil it.

But for some reason i think creative are trying to diminish the kelly/drew storyline. Which sucks because its the most entertaining so far.

You know, this is kinda harkening back to the SummerSlam mixed tag match where it was Mickie/Kofi v Beth/Santino. Back at that match, Mickie's women's belt, and Kofi's IC belt were both on the line if Beth or Santino got the pin. This is EERILY reminiscent of that. However in this case, you have a 3 on 2 handicap going on, and the only belt on the line is the WHC. Now, I'm still not quite sold on WTF is going on with the EDGE/KELLY dynamic just yet. I mean, its been a little too back and forth with Kelly and Drew. One minute its hot and cold with them. I think this little relationship angle has almost seemed to backfire a little bit. Not sure if the timing is off,or if the chemistry is just not there considering that is her best friend's husband in real life and it could be awkward for her.

All that aside, I personally think this whole Vickie/Ziggler/Edge thing will HAVE to blow up at some point and Vickie will have to be held accountable for her actions. I mean, is the spear still illegal now? Or was it just for Royal Rumble? She really didn't state it did she, or did I miss the part on how long it was 'illegal'? Because if you want to be technical, that would be the loophole I look for, there wasn't anything stated as to how long it was 'illegal', she only stated that 'IF it was used at Royal Rumble, he would be DQ'ed, and lose the belt.'" Does anyone else wonder about that?

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back