Unscripted: Street Fight: Downward Spiral vs Everest

Status
Not open for further replies.

Downward Spiral

I'm Not From Your Country
UNSCRIPTED
Sunday, August 26th, 2007

Downward Spiral vs Everest: Street Fight

Downward Spiral was the perpetrator in a number of vile attacks on WZCW superstars this past Meltdown. First, he took out the team of Northern Lights with Brian Michaels, putting them out for a long time with what is now known to be severe bruising of the skulls, and severely broken arms. Spiral laughed his way to victory beforehand, defeating Koala Typhoon in a dominating display. It was then after Brian Michael's match with Sincade, that things got even more strange. Downward Spiral came out to talk to Michaels about his loss, not too happy that Michaels had let Sex and Violence down. The two had a war of words, before Downward Spiral suddenly attacked Michaels, brutalising him with a Death Down Under on to a steel chair, opening Michaels up badly, and ending his tag team with him for good. Spiral thought he would get away with it...that is before Everest showed up. Everest ran out to stop Spiral from doing any worse damage, getting a piece of Spiral that a score of WZCW superstars would love to get. Spiral cowardly escaped the ring, before Everest gave Spiral a challenge that Chuck Myles had made: a street fight at Unscripted. Everest now leads the hopes of all wrestlers affected by Spiral, and every fan hopes to see Spiral get a taste of his own medicine. Will Everest give Spiral his first pinfall or submission loss in Spiral's home of a street fight? Or will Spiral continue his reign of destruction, taking out one more wrestler. This time for good. Tune into WZCW's first PPV, Unscripted, to find out!​

Keep all RPs in here

RP deadline is Friday, August 24th 2007 at Midnight Eastern Standard Time

Reactions: Lee
(Downward Spiral is shown warming up in a boxing ring, doing a few jumps before performing some painful stretches. He slips on some boxing gloves, before beginning to use them on a punching bag. The scene moves around the room, showing equipment not being used. Spiral appears to be alone in the dark, musty room, which is just the way he likes it. Suddenly, the door is opened, and a man holding a towel over his shoulder walks in, with a baseball cap on his head. He looks around 40 or 45. He doesn't look up towards the ring as he places his gear down onto a chair. Spiral stops punching, and stares down at the man, until he slowly turns around. Spiral and the man have a long stare at each other, before Spiral begins boxing again. The man slowly walks up and stops at the top of the apron, studying Spiral as he continues his punching.)

Man: Michael…I never thought I’d see you back here.

(Spiral stops his workout, and turns around to look at the man.)

Spiral: And I never thought I’d want to see you again, and I don’t.

(Spiral turns around and begins boxing again, before the man steps into the ring and sits on a turnbuckle. Spiral sighs before turning around again.)

Spiral: What are you doing here Mark? I specifically told the owner that I have this place to myself today.

Mark: I was aware that this gym was for the entire population of Brisbane to use. Well, at least that was what the Steve told me after he let you in. But I’m sure you can make an exception for your first wrestling coach.

(Spiral takes his gloves off and wipes his brow, before taking a swig of a water bottle and turning back around to the man with a glare.)

Spiral:
Listen Mark, I don’t want to tal-

Mark: I saw you on that Meltdown show in America you’re on now. It’s come to my attention that getting on your bad side is not a great idea. Why Michael? You were never like that as a child. When I taught you, you were always ready for competition, hungry for it, but now…you like it better to take out your competition.

Spiral: And so what if I do? This is the real wrestling business, it’s not some pathetic company you ran in some barn back in the day.

Mark: Yeah, well back in the day, we didn’t do the kind of shit you are doing. I mean, breaking people’s arms and driving them around chained to the back of the car, beating up your own tag team partner? What the hell man?

Spiral: And so what if I did? They all had it coming to them. And what is this? You’ve come to give me some ‘advice’ is it? You’ve come to ‘set me straight’ again? I’ve had it with people trying to do this.

(Mark steps down from the turnbuckle and begins pacing around the ring as Spiral puts on the gloves again and starts hitting the bag, harder and harder each time, releasing built up frustration on it.)

Mark: Rebecca called just after Meltdown.

(Spiral stops punching the bag and stares at the ground a little while.)

Mark: She was crying Michael. Crying. Everyone was, we’ve suddenly seen just what you’ve become. We always knew it was going to happen, we could tell, but not this much. Your own wife…

Spiral:
Do you think I don’t know what people have been saying? I go down the street: ‘Look, there’s Michael, remember him’, ‘Hey, that’s that Spiral guy I saw break those guy’s arms’, ‘Whatever happened to him?’ I’m sick of it! I know damn sure well what my wife thinks of it, and quite frankly, I don’t give a damn. It’s hard enough to go into this business, without having people pass judgment on everything I do!

Mark: Well what are they meant to do? Sit back and accept that you’ve turned yourself into some maniacal asshole, that seems hell-bent on just going out to cause pain on these people?! What are they meant to think? Your own wife is fearful for her own life Michael, and you are turning a blind eye, just like you always did!

Spiral: Stop bringing up my wife! She has nothing to do with this! You just came here to try and prove a point, to be ‘the man’ that people can look up to by having the guts to try and talk some sense into this ‘wayward soul’! Bringing people in my life up is not going to hurt m-

Mark: Well think about them! How do you think it was like for your own parents to have to sit back and see what you did to those two people?! I’m sure it hurt them inside more than you will ever know. You’ve made a disgrace of yourself Michael, and you know it!

(Spiral turns away from Mark and breathes heavily, lifting his eyes up to the ceiling, where the faintest welling of tears creeps into his eye.)

Spiral: I know…

(Mark looks taken aback, before he moves closer to Spiral, who turns around to him.)

Spiral:
My whole life, I’ve had to deal with people being assholes to me. For years, I sat back and watched these other kids out there, that I had no business with, walk up to me and just think they could say whatever the hell they wanted. If turning myself into one maniacal disgrace to get back what people did to me, then I damn sure am going to do it, no matter what!

(Mark shakes his head at Spiral, who takes a towel and begins wiping down his face. He rips off the gloves in frustration, and throws them to the mat. Mark begins talking in a quieter voice.)

Mark: You still don’t get it though Michael. What happened to you all those years ago, is irrelevant today. You are as successful as anyone else could ever hope to be. You have a beautiful wife, a huge house, but you won’t find the most important thing of all, by doing what you’re doing: happiness.

Spiral: I never wanted to be happy. I-

Mark: Then why bother with all this crap? If you don’t want to be happy, what are you getting all worked up about!? You’re obviously more suited to being a miserable piece of crap on your wrestling show, so just stick to doing that!

(Mark exits the ring, with Spiral still staring off into the distance. Mark lifts up his things, before stopping. He unzips a duffel bag that he was carrying around, and pulls out something, seemingly a photograph. He stares at it for a while, before bringing it up to Spiral.)

Mark: You see this Michael? This is the first day of your wrestling training with me. You’re with your parents there, but you know what else is different to today? You are actually smiling. You were happy, because you weren’t going out and breaking people’s bones. You were happy, because you had people that loved you. And somewhere down the line, you threw them all away, didn’t you? For some reason, you threw away everything you had, to be the person you wanted to be; the person no one wanted you to turn out like. What I saw on Meltdown, was my opinion of rock bottom for you. Maybe it’s time you stepped back, and just stopped, and looked around you. Take a long hard look in the mirror Michael. I know that there is something inside you that is sickened by what you’ve become, and that something shares the sentiments of everyone you grew up with.

(Spiral takes the photo out of Mark’s hands and studies it for a long time, with Mark watching intently. Spiral folds the photo up, and hands it back to Mark.)

Spiral: I’ve come too far, to stop now. What’s waiting for me is the WZCW Championship. I told myself I wouldn’t let anything get in that road. To take out the competition is rule number one in professional wrestling. I’m doing just that. I’m sorry Mark, but I am a changed man, and nothing is bringing me back. It was people like Everest, who could just coast along, with that smug look on their faces, who thought they could get away with anything. I’m sick of people trying to get involved in my business, and he did just that this past Meltdown. I now have him in a street fight at Unscripted. You have to understand that when I hurt Everest, I’m not just out there to go and cause pain. I’m going to go out there, to prove to everyone, just what I’ve become. I’m going to remove the black spots of my history, and shut the mouths of anyone who has ever tried to bring me down. Everest is just like you Mark. He tries to stick up for ‘what’s right’, and I’m sick of it. Everest has deserved exactly what’s coming to him, and no one is going to stop me from doing that. Everest typifies exactly what those kids in my childhood were like, and I've had to relive those days for as long as I can remember. It's people like Everest, who think they can walk all over me. If I get my way, I'm going to stick it up the asses of everyone who's mistreated me, and make sure that Everest can never walk again!

Mark: At least have some compassion with this guy Michael! I obviously can’t talk sense into you, but there’s a limit. You’ve gone beyond that limit, and there isn’t anything that anyone can do to stop you. I can only imagine what you’re going to do with this street fight, and I beg you to control yourself!

Spiral: You can’t tell me what to do in my business. Everest got himself involved, and he made the stipulation. It’s his grave to lie in now, so he’s brought this on himself. He dug his grave, and I’m going to bury him in it. It’s a street fight Mark, and in this business, it means anything goes. Pain is irrelevant for Everest now, it’s survival that matters.

(Spiral whips the towel over his shoulder, and moves out of the ring. Mark stares on after him, shaking his head in disbelief, as Spiral exits the building. Mark takes one more look at the photo, before tucking it back into his pocket.)

*The Scene opens with a shot of a dressing room, door closed. Everest Logo secured to the door. Everyone’s favorite whipping boy/announcer Leon approaches and knocks on the door. After a few seconds a voice is heard telling Leon to enter*

LEON: Excuse me Everest, I heard you were still here. Could I get a moment of your time?

EVEREST: Leon, my boy, even if I say no, you’re still going to stalk me until I give in right?

LEON: Well. Proba….

EVEREST: *interrupting Leon In a very loud voice* IT DOESN’T MATTER WHAT YOU’LL DO!

*Everest laughs for a few seconds before continuing*

EVEREST: Sorry about that, I just always wanted to do that to someone. Please go on.

LEON: Well Everest I was wondering if you might share your thoughts on your ma……..

EVEREST: *Interrupting again* Let me guess Leon, you wanna know what I think about my match at Unscripted, right?

LEON: Well, yeah!

EVEREST: You know Leon, your getting predictable. If you keep asking the same old questions I’m going to be able to conduct interviews with myself. You become of no use. But I digress, back to your question. What do I have to say about my match with Downward Spiral.

Well Leon, I just finished watching Mr. Spiral, or is it Downward or just Spineless, anyway whatever you call him, I just finished watching his little heartfelt moment there with his former trainer and after wiping away a few tears I’ve do have something to say.

First, Spiral you’ve got all the qualities of a good dog. All that is but the loyalty. You lie down rather easily, you seem very good at playing fetch, chasing cars, scratching yourself, and licking your own balls. Problem is you have no clue what respect is, what loyalty is! I don’t like your former partner, but nobody and I do mean NOBODY deserves what Michaels got on Meltdown. I for one am not going to stand around and watch you try and take out wrestlers one by one. It’s gotta stop and come Unscripted it will stop. You see Spiral respect isn’t given, it’s earned. You’ve haven’t earned my respect and I would gather that I’ve haven’t earned yours. I heard you compare me to your childhood bullies, all those people you said pushed you around and got in your business. Well guess what Spiral this isn’t third grade anymore. I stuck my nose in your business for a reason. You may scare the others in the back, intimidate them even, but you don’t scare EVEREST. There’s a reason I challenged you to a Street Fight. Hell, I won’t lie to you, or anyone else: I don’t like Street Fights, Brawls, Slugfests, -- they’re not really my game, I’m a wrestler but after what you’ve been pulling it’s time to find out just what you can do. You say nothing will stand in your way of your goal, your winning the WZCW championship, well guess what Spiral, when you wake up on Monday the 27th, you roll yourself out of bed, still licking your wounds from the night before your not going to be any closer to your goal. You see Spiral for once it isn’t all about winning, it’s about respect and I won’t stand down. Win or lose, you will be second guessing your actions, every time you run down to interfere in a match, halfway down the ramp you’re going to pause and think to yourself, “Damn, Spiral, remember what Everest did to you at Unscripted? Do you really want to go through that again?” and you’re always going to look over your shoulder.

*Everest pauses to let the monologue take effect, before continuing*

You see Spiral, I’m not one of your inferior opponents, I’m not your equal, I’m your superior. Come Unscripted you will see that I may not like Street Fights but I Do have something in store for you. And trust me you won’t enjoy it. Sleep tight Spiral, I’ll see you Sunday the 26th at Unscripted -- and you’ll find out It Really Is My World, I Just Let You Live In It!

*With that Everest takes a sip of water and goes to grab his bag when Leon pipes up again*

LEON: ‘Cuse me I’ve got one more question.

EVEREST: *A little surprised as he turns back around* Really? 2 questions in One interview? Really throwing a wrench into the proceedings today, huh Leon. Mixing it up, trying to stay fresh.

LEON: Yes sir.

EVEREST: Well Leon you need to say fresh they got this stuff called douc……. Ah never mind what’s your SECOND question? *Holding up 2 fingers kinda mocking Leon*

LEON: Well I was wondering if you had any comment on the other happenings on Meltdown.

EVEREST: *Strokes his goatee, thinking for a moment* Let’s see…….what else happened on Meltdown? Ah yes, I do have something else.

Mohammad, you’ve done it again. Just when I thought you couldn’t dig yourself deeper into your own grave you went and pissed off yet another person. I heard earlier that Titus has accepted your open challenge. Good for him. I feel for you though. That man, Titus, he may not be all there in the head sometimes but he sure can fight, but I won’t enlighten you, hell you’ll find out first hand come Unscripted. But quite honestly I don’t think Titus is the worst of your worries.

LEON: What? What do you mean?

EVEREST: Well Leon if you would have the courtesy to not interrupt me again I could finish. You see Leon, I’ve been in the ring with Archangel and after what Mohammed did to him on Meltdown, I wouldn’t want to be within 10 feet of the guy. Angel is revenge minded and when the time is right he’ll get a hold of Mohammad and it won’t be pretty. Poor boy should have kept his promise and not showed up for that match on Meltdown. My take? He’s let’s just say….Up a creek without a vital Rowing instrument.

*Everest’s Cell Phone begins to ring, he pauses and checks to see who it is, before putting it into his pocket and glancing back around to the camera*

EVEREST: It’s the little lady, seems our table is about ready at what just happens to be the most exclusive and elegant Italian restaurant in town, so it seems I’ll have to wrap this up. That’s cool though cause I have just one more thing to say. Chucky, Myles old pal, what were you thinking. You watch the crap that the self proclaimed “Main Event’ Joseph Rios pulled at Meltdown and what happens, he gets a shot at the WZCW World Title at Unscripted. I know you better than most, I know he didn’t shame you into it, so there must be some underlying motive, but all I’m going to say is this. When Unscripted is finished, in the books, over, the dust has settled, and the smoke has cleared. Once Spiral has been on his back staring at the lights, once the fans are done chanting EVEREST, EVEREST -- once our new WZCW Champion has been crowned, then and only then Myles, I want my shot! Rios, DC, Craig, it doesn’t matter, I just want my shot! At some point I’ll get it the easy way or not. Leon, it’s been a pleasure now if you’ll excuse me I do believe that a beautiful young lady is waiting for me and quite honestly your just not as nice to look at. Take care.

LEON: Thank you Everest!

*With that Everest grabs his bag, and heads for the door and around the corner and out the hallway as the screen fads to black.*

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back