Apocalypse: Grudge Match: Downward Spiral v. 'The One' Big Will:

TheOneBigWill

[This Space for Rent]
l_9da03364369d4f6ba66af68da518b50e.jpg

Apocalypse: Grudge Match: Downward Spiral v. 'The One' Big Will:

Throughout his career in W.Z.C.W., Big Will has faced almost every challenge possible. He's accomplished many things in just over a year with the company, but perhaps his greatest challenge is yet to come?

This past Meltdown, Big Will had an opportunity to make history in the Elite X Open Invitational Battle Royal, only for those historical dreams to be shattered by the returning Downward Spiral. With every dream comes a nightmare, and with the unknown reasons surrounding the return of Downward Spiral, will this be just the beginning of Big Will's nightmare?

The last time these two were in the same ring, it was Big Will's first match, and ended up being Downward Spiral's last. Has Spiral come back for revenge, or does he have alternative motives? Find out at Apocalypse!

RP Deadline is MONDAY FEBRUARY 9TH, 2009: This thread is to only be used by those involved in the match!!

Becky Serra is running through the backstage area as the camera picks up on it. Suddenly, as the camera shakes rapidly up and down chasing her through the back of the arena, it comes into view who she's chasing to. It's "The One" Big Will, seen getting his bags out of the back of what looks to be a rental car.

(Becky)- "Big Will, Big Will!! Can I please get a word with you before tonight's big match-up between you and the returning Downward Spiral? No one's seen you since Meltdown, and everyone would love to hear your thoughts on tonight's big match-up?!"

Becky motions the microphone in front of Big Will, who continues pulling his bags out of the back of the rental car, only to sit them on the ground and slam the trunk closed.

(Becky)- "I'm sure you must still be furious over Meltdown and coming so close to winning the Battle Royal and earning a shot at the vacant Elite X Championship, only to have it taken from you by Spiral. What could possibly be going through your head right now?"

Becky tries putting the microphone back in front of Big Will, as he lifts the handle of his bags, and walks by her, headed into the building, seemingly pissed off.

(Becky)- "Ever since you've arrived her in W.Z.C.W., you've always had someone to contend with, someone who's seemingly had an issue with you. You said last week that you felt you were finally to a point in your career here, that you could go back to focusing on becoming a Champion, and now it seems Spiral has some unknown issue with you? Do you have any idea what that issue might be?"

Becky continues to attempt getting Big Will to speak, but he continues to brush her off, walking in a determined pace toward the locker-rooms, as he shoves open the door. Becky follows him into the locker-room.

(Becky)- "The last time we seen Spiral here in W.Z.C.W., he was ironically in a match with you, with the winner earning a spot for the newly made Elite X Championship. You defeated him, and a special stipulation added to that match was that if he lost, he'd lose his job. Noone's seen or heard anything out of Spiral until this past Meltdown. Do you believe his issue with you could have anything to do with that?"

Will places his bags down on a nearby bench, and begins taking his shirt & shoes off. He looks up at Becky, only to stand up and make motion for unzipping his pants, then looking over toward the door. As if to say she should leave. Becky doesn't get the hint, as she continues the one-sided interview.

(Becky)- "Not withstanding his action from Meltdown, a lot of people backstage are seemingly indifferent about seeing Spiral again. Noone seems to know what his motives are, and they aren't sure if he'll have any ring rust, especially with him going straight after you, now a top Wrestler here in W.Z.C.W. Do you feel at all offended that Spiral has decided to target you?"

Big Will continues to stare at Becky, with one hand on his zipper. Finally, he shrugs his shoulders and begins taking his pants off, reaching for his wrestling gear out of his bag. Becky almost drops her mouth, as she tries to continue asking questions while being distracted.

(Becky)- "Will, uhm, tonight you'll have a, wow that's huge, err, uhm, match, tonight a match with uhh, Spiral. You've had.. a LONG and HARD career thus far, but you seem to have pleased a lot of ladies, err, I mean people, in general you've pleased a lot of people, with your STIFF, uhm, way of working. Yeah, wow.. I mean no, ah, uhm.." Becky seems to have lost all sense of focus, as she almost tries to reach out for the lower half of Will's body. Will stops, only to look at Becky who regains focus as she jumps back on topic. "Big Will, definately, I mean, tonight's match against Spiral, what are your thoughts?" Becky slowly begins staring at Will's lower half again as she continues.

"You definately seem really focused on POUNDING me, uhm, err, I mean your opponent, Spiral. I've never seen you like this before, so determined, pumped and thick, uh, ah, I mean centered. Throughout your whole career here in W.C.W.Z.C.W.C.Z. uhm, here, you seem to have been really rode hard! IN MATCHES, I mean in matches, rode hard, not like now, naked, err, I mean, here, ride me, before, wait, ah.. wow, excuse me just one second." Becky collects her thoughts, as she steps away from Will, turning her back on him, only to bite down on her hand, as Big Will pulls his wrestling tights up and sits down on the bench. Becky turns back around, seemingly disappointed that Will's tights are on, but she continues the interview.

(Becky)- "As I meant to say, throughout your career here in W.Z.C.W., you've always seemingly had a target on your back. First it was Gus, then Joseph Rios & Dynasty. Well, everyone you've faced in the past has more or less been sent out of W.Z.C.W. by you, including Downward Spiral in your debut. Yet he's back, and as I mentioned earlier noone seems to know why. A lot of people believe he may have a problem with you, since you unofficially ended his first run here in the company. Do you have any thoughts on this?"

Big Will continues to tape up his wrists, as he grabs an elbow pad and stands up. Will walks toward the locker-room door, as Becky follows him. Will opens the door, as Becky steps outside, only to turn and continue talking.

(Becky)- "If I were you, I'd personally believe you'd have just as much hatred built up toward Spiral for costing you a chance at history, as he may have toward you, for ending his career over a year ago. Tonight's match seems like one of the most heated contests you may have ever had, and you definately seem focused not to mention very angry. If I were Spiral, I would definately reconsider even showing up. Will, do you have any last minute comments before your match tonight? Any words you want Spiral to know, like 'You're coming for him' or 'You made a big mistake' or even 'I'm gonna re-end your career tonight', something like that, Will, tell me, tell the W.Z.C.W. fans.. what's on your mind?!"

Big Will finally leans in to the microphone, as he places his hand on the locker-room door.

(Big Will)- "I think you've pretty much said all I need to. Thanks beautiful." Big Will then closes the locker-room door in Becky's face, as she turns toward the camera.

(Becky)- "Well, there you have it. What a long and throbbing, uhm.. interview. Uh, thank you. That's it, cut." Becky motions with her hands to cut the camera feed, only for everything to finally then go to black.

A small TV is shown in a dark room. The screen cuts from static, to a video of Meltdown 18, where Downward Spiral came from out of nowhere to eliminate Big Will from the Elite X Battle Royal. The TV cuts back to static, before it is turned off, and muffled laughter can be heard.

The shot backs away to reveal Downward Spiral standing in a dishevelled, untidy room with newspapers and other rubbish covering the dusty floor. He throws the remote away as it clatters to the floor. Spiral sighs heavily, before laughing again. He falls back onto a tattered, worn lounge, and what little light is coming through the filthy window shines onto his face, revealing him to be clearly tired and unshaven. Spiral turns to face through the window; wincing as his bloodshot eyes are exposed to the first amount of natural light he has seen for a long time.​

Spiral: “The element of surprise. It’s either your best friend or your worst enemy in professional wrestling. One week, you can be riding high; on top of this world we like to call our own….and the next…someone can come along from nowhere, completely unwelcomed, to tear that all away from you. That’s what surprise can do.”

Spiral sits up as his wry smile no longer remains.​

Spiral: “And how did it feel, William?”

Spiral stares straight ahead with trademark cold, dead eyes.​

Spiral:“Is this how you expected me to be living months after you made me lose my job? Alone in this dank, run-down hovel? You wouldn't have even known the slightest ramifications of your actions. As you can see, you didn’t just take away my profession.”

The anger in Spiral’s face is replaced with melancholy, as he turns towards the window once more.​

Spiral: “You robbed me of my life.”

Spiral rises to his feet and walks towards a grimy glass cabinet. He stops and caresses it slowly with his hand, while resting his head against the glass. His stance becomes rigid as the shot zooms in just enough to see that the cabinet is full of championships and photos from Spiral’s wrestling career. He drops his arm before turning around swiftly.

Spiral: “This here (gesturing to the cabinet) was all that I once was. Everything you can never be.”

Spiral gazes at his surroundings, shaking his head with a slight twitch in his face. He kicks gently at some of the trash on the floor.

Spiral: “Look at this Will. Look at everything you’ve done. You turned up one night, got lucky, and tore away years of my dedication and my determination and reduced me to this. And you’ve never given it a second thought. You never stopped to think just what you did, you were just free to continue as if I never existed.”

Spiral sighs before he moves towards a dirty sink, gripping it tightly. With a shaking hand, Spiral turns the water on and washes his face; scrubbing away at the filth before ripping a moth-eaten cloth off the sink and drying himself. He looks up and stares into a cracked mirror for what seems like an age. Slowly he turns around, seemingly re-invigorated and smiling.

Spiral: “But not anymore. That’s all in the past now. Yes, a distant memory. Gone are those sleepless nights where I wonder why you were able to get away with doing this. Gone are the days where I sit in here feeling sorry for myself. At Meltdown, I climbed the first rung on the ladder towards redemption. Unfortunately, Will, I intend to continue climbing.”

Spiral: “This is not about WZCW. This is not about the fans. This is not about championships, accomplishments, money, fame, power…this is about you and I. It may have been months ago that you put me out of a job, but that doesn’t mean that I am any less determined to see that you suffer the same agony I was forced through and the same helplessness you forced me into!”

Spiral throws away the cloth with a familiar anger returning, before smirking and breathing slightly heavier.

Spiral:“So were you surprised when I returned? Shocked? That’s exactly how you should feel. I bet you’re still uncomfortable while you’re sitting in your nice, lavish home right now…aren’t you? That’s a good thing Will. It means I’ve finally awoken a sense of awareness in you. From this day forth, you’re not going to be able to live a moment in your life where you aren’t watching your back. When I took you out during your match, I made you understand just how it felt to have the element of surprise used against you.”

Spiral: “Take a look around me Will. This may be my past and present, but it is not my future. Consider every miserable, horrible thing about this room and my life as a collective torch. A torch I am passing on to you. When I do, I will finally be cleansed of this torture. I can live my life again.”

Spiral takes a clean shirt and puts it on over the top of a ripped singlet. He takes a black bag and hastily throws assorted clothing into it before zipping it up and standing once more to gaze out the window thoughtfully.

Spiral: “Our match is being held at an event I couldn’t have named more appropriately: Apocalypse. The end of a world. (Looks back towards the camera) Your world. Your life. Just like me, everything you’ve ever achieved will simply be taken away from you...and replaced by this.”

Spiral lifts the bag up and puts it over his shoulder. He turns to look at one of his old wrestling posters in the cabinet, moving slowly towards it. He stares through the glass at it for a while, before he twists his head with a sly smile on his face.

Spiral: “In case it’s been too long or your head’s not right, I am still Downward Spiral and I will always be great. I was born a wrestler, and despite what I’ve been through, I will die a wrestler.”

Spiral moves towards the only door in the room, stopping as his hand reaches to open it. He turns his head around slowly before speaking with a menacing coldness…

Spiral: “I look forward to seeing you again, Will. Be ready...I have been.”

Spiral opens the door, being covered in sunlight, as he pulls out a pair of expensive sunglasses and puts them on, smiling, before closing the door behind him. The shot zooms out of the room, before fading to black.

Reactions: Lee

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back