Unforgiven: World Tag Team Championship - Cryme Tyme vs Team Priceless

Though Cody Rhodes & Ted DiBiase are the current World Tag Team Champions, their actual titles are in the hands of Cryme Tyme, who stole the titles from the champions. At Unforgiven, Cryme Tyme will have a chance to make the championship gold around their waists official as they face off against Cody Rhodes & Ted DiBiase for the World Tag Team Championship.

During a recent Handicap Match between John Cena and Rhodes & DiBiase, Cryme Tyme liberated the World Tag Team titles from the champions. Shad & JTG later explained their actions, saying that since they hadn’t been given a World Tag Team Title Match, they decided to “borrow” the titles. Giving the champions a chance to win back their physical titles, and themselves a chance to become World Tag Team Champions, Cryme Tyme challenged Rhodes & DiBiase to a match at Unforgiven. Planning on teaching Shad & JTG a lesson, the champions quickly accepted.

Though still in their early 20s, Cody Rhodes and Ted DiBiase have made their mark on Raw, becoming three-time and two-time World Tag Team Champions, respectively. The champions have faced Cryme Tyme as part of multiple six-man tag matches, but never defended their titles against Shad & JTG.

Both of these tag teams are made up of young, powerful Superstars, with proven track records of success, and both are competing with the hopes of becoming the rightful holders of the World Tag Team Championship. When Cryme Tyme and Rhodes & DiBiase face off at Unforgiven, the WWE Universe will certainly be in for a “priceless” competition, but who will walk away with the gold?

Find out who will be the World Heavyweight Champion by watching Unforgiven, live Sunday, Sept. 7, only on pay-per-view.

~~

I really don't want to see the straps taken off of Rhodes and Dibiase. I really like them. Cryme Tyme is silly and a little boring, to me. They aren't bad, though. I'd like to see Priceless retain... Eventually, Cryme Tyme can take the straps and Rhodes and Dibiase can split to become singles stars, but it's too soon for that.

I wouldn't mind a title change here, but I wouldn't mind the champs retaining either.
I think that the match should get some pop and that is good. The tag team division seems to be moving in the right direction with the likes of Cryme Tyme, Priceless, Miz and Morrison, Hawkins and Ryder, etc.
This match should just continue the rise of the tag division. I don't care the outcome, I really like that there is a straight-up tag-team title match (no turmoil, three-way dance, etc.) that I am excited about for a chance.

Being 41 now, I remember when the tag team titles meant something. I remember classic teams like the Freebirds, LOD, Demolition, Hart Foundation, Rock N Roll Express, Minnesota Wrecking Crew etc were the kings of tag team wrestling. For years we have seen YAWN teams like cryme time. BORING! At least with Team Priceless you have something. I hope they hold the straps for awhile. I hope to one day see the return of actual TAG TEAMS...not the jokes we see now.

Just one old guys opinion

What's so odd about this is that neither team winning can really lead anywhere but towards a rematch. If Cryme Tyme wins, who will they feud with? If Priceless wins, who will they feud with?

The answer for both is inevitably "the losing team of this match" as there aren't any other tag teams on Raw (which is absolutely ridiculous...two tag teams on Raw and that's it).

What I can see happening here is that Priceless is almost defeated, but they somehow cheat a win. We have a rematch down the line and Cryme Tyme wins the titles, and then....??? Lol.

I want Cryme Tyme to retain the belts, but be the legitimate title holders (I think thats right) after Unforgiven, I can't stand Team Priceless, it seems everything they do really miffs me off, I enjoy watching and like listening to Cryme Tyme, people give them a lot of stick for having fun, of course there is nothing original about legally dubious black/foreign wrestlers, but that doesn't mean it isn't fun. It seems their affiliation with Cena is paying dividends.

I'm unsure as to who to go with here. I'd have to think Priceless retains leading to a rematch at No Mercy, but what worries me is what Nofate said: where do they go from here? There's literally no other team to feud with. This is what's wrong with the tag belts today. Every once in awhile you get a real feud like this with a decent story built for it, then nothing else at all. Cryme Tyme will eventually get the belts and it'll be a satisfying win as the build up will be good, but then where do they go? No clue. As for this match, I'll go with Priceless to lead up to the rematch, but wouldn't be suprised to see the titles change hands.

I've thought about it, and the only thing I can think of as a response for "where to go after Cryme Tyme eventually wins the titles, probably at No Mercy" is that they start tag-teaming Regal and Burchill. That literally is the only option I can think of for another tag team on Raw that wouldn't just be a set of jobbers.

To do that, though, you'd need to, without a doubt, push back Cryme Tyme's win till at least No Mercy. That way, you can start to get the audience a little bit adjusted to Regal/Burchill teaming up in a modern sense...maybe defeating some team like uh......crap, there's nobody.......Noble and London? Its a stretch, but what are their other options? They don't want to just merge ECW with Raw and Smackdown like I keep saying...lol.

I see Cryme time winning this just for team Priceless to get it back at the next pay per view. They could some how make it into the story line saying even though they lose it it always ends up back into their hands.

I think this could be a good match, where the titles finally start meaning something. I like both of these teams, and I think they will work together. but i can see Cryme Time winning this. Didnt they win a title shot like two years ago? they are finally using it now :lmao: i think the WWE forgot about that.

This match will be interesting as if Team Priceless lose, then they will look like a weak tag-team as they would have lost the belts twice in the space of a month. But it would make no sense for Cryme Tyme to lose after gathering so much momentum. I can see the match ending in with a dodgy finish and them wrestling again at No Mercy

Good to see that this anticipated match is finally going to take place. I think that Team Priceless is awesome and they are one of the main reasons that I tune into RAW. Cryme Tyme are alright, but pretty overrated IMO. Teaming with JBL and Cena respectively has done wonders for these two teams so either team would make good champs. Personally, I think this will be similar to Unforgiven 2 years ago, Spirit Squad vs. Highlanders. Highlanders had a lot of fan support and were close to winning, but they just couldn't get the straps. I think that Cryme Tyme will be in the same situation

Truthfully, on some real talk...I'm just glad to see Cryme Tyme finally fight on a PPV card. Even "Priceless" on the card too. This tag team division really needs some juice into it. Cena gave Cryme Tyme a little rub but now with Cena gone, CTC is no more...for the moment.

Honestly, Cryme Tyme can really elevate themselves into a major tag team on Raw as well as DiBiase & Rhodes. No matter what happens with this fued, as long as their rivalry goes a few months, this is going to benefit both tag teams. Both teams gaining and losing the titles will be good for both too. Because it won't really show who the better team is. It will just show that these two teams really hate each other and have each other's number. I like to see this fued go till the end of the year. You can even throw Santino and Beth into the tag title picture. Someone said earlier, Regal and Burchill making a run at the titles.

Both Cryme Tyme and Simply Priceless really need this fued to make them legitimate stars not only on Raw but in the WWE. Maybe at Survivor Series, have these two teams team up to fight Jesse & Festus and Ryder & Hawkins in a Survivor Series style match. That would elevate all four tag teams. This could easily...well not easily but it can help bring back the tag team division for both brands. I just want Cryme Tyme and S.P. to get more TV time. If you watched Raw last night, you can tell there not use to all that airtime. Shad was mumbling over his words, which somewhat makes sense because I'm black and I know a lot of black people who will put three words into one like Shad did last night. But give them more time on Raw to buildup and these two teams will really start to gel together as a legit heated rivalry. This will make some good tag team wrestling as both teams REALLY need this fued.

All in all, I see Simply Priceless retaining here just to lose them at No Mercy. Either way it goes, I'm fine with the outcome as long as they keep going at each other. Build them on Raw as singles stars too in one on one matches. That will make me tune into Raw even more, although I do watch it every Monday.

I'm just glad that they are featuring the tag belts on a PPV. Cryme Time is nothing special, but they are somewhat over and an actual tag team. It is just a nice way to showcase the tag teams to have them compete at a PPV. Maybe this match is the beginning of the WWE caring about their tag teams, or it's just a filler match since so many stars are in the scramble. In the end I see Team Priceless getting the win, but Cryme Time stealing the belts and countinuing the feud(since they are the only 2 tag teams in the division.

Im just surpised that Cryme Tyme is actually getting a title shot. How many times has Cryme Tyme been named on won their right to be the number 1 contenders, only for that fact to be ignored in one way or another. To my understanding, this is the 1st time that Cryme Tyme has a real title match. It should be a good, classic tag team match. Priceless is definitely an old school style tag team, the holds and moves they use to wear down their opponents reminiscint of a variety of older heel tag teams. Cryme Tyme is a team with one quick guy and one powerful guy. These 2 teams will definitely clash quite well. I can definitely see this match ending with some crazy circumstance. It could be a draw(reaching a time limit, havn't had one of those in a while). But I see these 2 teams battling it out for the next few months regardless of what happens.

DiBiase & Rhodes are doing such a great one-man (or is that two?) job of rebuilding a failing tag team division. Their style is so fluent and their tag team work is so great, droping the titles to Cryme Tyme would be a mistake for WWE, if they give a toss about their tag division. Which I doubt they do at times. Cryme Tyme are hugely entertaining, but DiBiase & Rhodes can benefit more from holding them, and to be honest, Cryme Tyme aren't fantastic wrestlers. "Team Priceless" to win here, I say.

I think/hope this match moves the RAW tag division into the beginning of a possible good tag title feud. I'm not sure where they would go with the titles after that though. Really, I'm trying to think of a tag team that is legit enough for the tag titles. There is one, that is rediculous. Anyways, this match should be pretty good, probably have a good pop because they are finally having another 2-on-2 tag team match for the titles.

Whats hilarious is technically Cryme Tyme is owed a tag title shot from New Years Revolution.....in 2007. Good for them for cashing in :lmao:

And this can go one of two ways in my mind. Either Cryme Tyme wins, and forwards the feud to a point were Priceless demands a rematch, or Priceless goes over in a very cheap, heelish manner, causing Crye Tyme to do more things to piss them off to get another shot, and then winning. Kind of tough to call at this point, although I would rather Priceless just hold the belts by some bullshit way, as they will have dropped the belts TWICE in a MONTH if they loose again. I doubt that happens.

Most likely Priceless wins by cheating and then Cryme Tyme gets another title shot down the line. Whether its at the next ppv or not remains to be seen. The tag titles are useless, pointless and meaningless. Tag teams now are just meant for them to split and go single eventually. WWE needs to rebuild the tag team division. Burchill and Regal would work very well. I would love to see DH Smith and TJ Wilson on a show either SD or RAW as their tag team the Canadian Bulldogs. The Tag division is totally worthless at this point in time. They fired the Highlanders and split up Cade and Murdoch along with London and Kendrick. So all the RAW teams are done except for Cryme Tyme and Priceless. Tag team wrestling is a joke in WWE now. I do like the titles being defended at a ppv but with no other teams this becomes a 2 team feud for eternity.

I think this match will be pretty good. It was expected that's for sure since they are the only two tag teams on RAW. No matter the outcome, there will be rematches because there are no other teams to take the belt unless a debuting superstar comes or a new tag team forms. But either way, I expect rematches to come from this match. If I have to pick right now, I'll pick Simply Priceless since it's their first match against each other and I don't think that Cryme Tyme will win on the first try. They will eventually take the belts though. Dont' get me wrong though, I won't be surprised if Cryme Tyme won it's just I think this is how it will play out.

I've been waiting for this match to happen since Rhodes & DiBiase won the Tag Titles the first time at Night of Champions. I knew it would happen sooner or later, but after Cryme Tyme teamed with Cena, I knew it would most likely be later, but now that Cena is injured, this match couldn't happen at a better time. At Unforgiven, I find it hard to see Rhodes & DiBiase lose the titles again since they just won it back. They will most likely get a rematch, but I hope it's not at No Mercy, because if Cryme Tyme wins, Simply Priceless, will probably start arguing and go their seperate ways, while Cryme Tyme holds the gold until a new RAW tag team debuts, which might take a while.

Its great that these 4 are finally getting pay per view time. Ted DiBiase and Cody Rhodes are future stars. They have all the tools in the world to make it to the big time, in a few years. They really do make a great tag team that I love watching every week. They deserve those belts and deserve the push they are getting. I don't mind Cryme Time as I think they are pretty decent in the ring. But I don't see why they should win at this point in time. Raw really needs new tag teams in their division at the moment. These are the only two tag teams on Raw to my understanding. At that really is pathetic.

As for the result, since Priceless only regained the titles a few weeks ago, I am predicting them to win this match cleanly in a heelish way to gain even more heat from the fans. I completely expect a rematch on Raw in a few weeks time and I think this match could be a decent 7 minute filler on the pay per view. It won't get much time due to the fact that there are three 20 minute Scramble matches on the same night. I can't even remember the last World Tag Team Title match on a pay per view, I think the last one was at Night of Champions.

It should be a interesting match but I'm not expecting too much reaction from the fans as this will most likely be nothing more than a filler. But as long as it's entertaining, thats fine by me.

I really hope that Cryme Tyme wins the tag titles. I thought that they desreved the titles during their first run in the WWE, but they never got an oppurtunity. CT is the most popular tag team with the fans in the WWE and I'm glad they're getting an oppurtunity to showcase their skills at a pay per view. They are great on the mic and their in ring skills seem to improve every week.

This match right here should give hope to any WWE fans that are craving for good tag team wrestling. I truly believe that the future of the tag team division lies in the hands of these four young talents. If these four young guys can pull off a series of matches that can make people care, then good things could come from this.

Personally, I like Cryme Tyme, and I like them alot, but there is no way in hell that those belts should come off of Team Priceless at this point. They simply can't keep losing those titles and get them back and come across as a legit force to be reckoned with. Cody Rhodes is already a what, three time tag team champion?

This could be a potentially great feud. The crowd is solidly behind Cryme Tyme, and the crowd absolutely detest the young cocky heels. This feud should be drawn out a few months, culminating in Cryme Tyme victory at around Survivor Series time. This match should be good, but Team Priceless will retain, probably by DQ or countout.

I think that Priceless will win the match at Unforgiven. Give the heels some momentum as the champs before Cryme Tyme take the titles.
After watching Raw on Monday it looks like they are planting the seeds of Orton aligning himself with Priceless after the backstage segment with them.
Priceless eventually lose the belts to Cryme Tyme but Priceless get them back with the help of Orton.

This should be a decent tag team match, there is actually a storyline between these two teams, something the WWE rarely does anymore, they usually just gives any two wrestlers a tag team title shot without any backbone to it. All four men could work a good match from what I have seen so far, and the fans are actually into this feud, so it should be an interesting match. I also agree with what Shocky said, Cryme Tyme is not a bad tag team, they got the charisma, the attitude, and they play their characters very well, the proof is the reactions they get every week on RAW, the fans love them, I wouldn't be surprised if they become as big as The Hardys, E&C, or the NAO some day. As for Team Priceless, they haven't disappointed yet, so I am still high on those two and I look forward to seeing them in action each week on RAW.

I hope that Team Priceless hold onto the titles. They've hardly been given a run with them, and I hope that they actually get a good, longish feud out of them, which is what the tag division needs.I think that Team Priceless is a good tag team, but they need to get a double team finisher.

I think these two teams will work well together, and I think they will have a good match at Unforgiven. The storyline is pretty good, and I think maybe they can get a faction out of Team Priceless, Orton and some other people if they win this match and prove themselves to him.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back