Cena and Cryme Tyme should have been battling Legacy this whole time.

FromTheSouth

You don't want it with me.
The best way for a faction to break out a new star is to have a stable war. It's such a simple push. Orton loses to Cena while DiBiase destroys the midcard. Orton loses his spot, and DiBiase wins a number one contenders match. Orton, fueled by jealousy beats down Ted. Ted is a face who loses to Cena, beat Orton, gets another chance at Cena, and wins.

It could have been done very easily with the help of Cryme Tyme. Two real tag teams could have feuded over the tag belts, with Legacy eventually losing them to fuck all. After that, Cryme Tyme and Legacy have some singles matches, Ted flukes a midcard title win, and suddenly he's a singles star. It doesn't take too long from there for the factions to break down with Ted facing Orton, and then Cena.

I feel that Cryme Tyme would have been the right team because it would have allowed Cena to return to a bit of the thug gimmick, a gimmick which was far more entertaining. The funny bits would have enraged Orton, and an enraged Orton is a good Orton. Cryme Tyme could have been the key to putting everyone on the level they need to be on.

Now, Cryme Tyme is an underrated team. They never have bad matches. They're all watchable. Cryme Tyme is great on the stick, always good for a joke, and frankly, JTG could be a huge singles star. They remind me of black LAX, and I think both could be successful. WWE hasn't let them shine very much, and I think that is a huge mistake.

I like this scenario. I actually thought WWE would take the direction of bringing back Cena's old thug character (to an extent, at least) back in the summer of '08. Remember when Cena teamed up with Cryme Tyme to battle JBL? I thought Cryme Tyme was actually gonna get a serious push with the rub they were getting from tagging with Cena and they were before Cena got injured soon after. After that, they faded into obscurity until they got drafted to Smackdown. I think Cryme Tyme deserves better than what they've been getting. Like you said, all their matches are watchable and they are over with the crowd. It surprises me that there are people out there that would suggest that they should be split up.

Cryme Tyme is VERY underrated when it comes to their talent and in ring work. They cut great promos and are over with the crowd. Also when them and Cena first were together I was really looking forawrd to it when Cena was feuding with JBL and Cryme Tyme was feuding with Cade and Murdoch. This could have definitley worked with Legacy. It could have been another Nation of Domination vs DX kinda deal. Cena and Orton could feuded over the WWE title, DiBiase and Rhodes feud with JTG and Shad for tag and mid card titles. Could have really been something special.

The only problem I would have with it would be the fact that if one of the members say JTG had the IC title, what would Shad do while Cena is fighting for the WWE title? Or vice versa with Legacy....

However it would have been a sight to see. CTC could have added MVP and Legacy could have kept Manu or picked up Brett DiBiase and then it would have worked out.

This storyline is so much better than how Legacy has really panned out. Stable wars are always good. Add in DX and Hart Dynasty and this could've been a huge story. Have Jericho (or Jerishow so Show has something to do) as the head of Hart Dynasty and this gives a large amount of people something to do and keeps it interesting. Also, add in the SES and/or MizShow or ShowMiz and you have a large tag team division and some great television. Either have the titles switching between the teams or have all of this over the tag belts and have the rest of the roster going after the singles titles.

vince neverrrrrrrrrr had plans for CT to hold the belts....looking back its very obvious since they debuted..vince made them over the top sterotypes to get laughs and even when it caught on a fans were on them, vince still decided not to putu the straps on them...ive said in 2 other threads.....CT should of came in as a serious tag team with shads ovw gimmick of H.N.I.C. have them be a toned down version of the gangstas...wwe dropped the ball on this 2x...they could of done it at their debut and after they were brought back they could of shown the tape from what caused the firing and spun it as a heel turn(could u imagine if they came out to a slow methodical pace came out and cut a promo saying they were sick of being used as a sterotype and now its their turn to send a message, would of been instant gold).....nope didnt happen.....i think shad knows his time is coming to an end, at RR shad looked to have alot more flab than normal and as reports have been for the past couple months wwe is interested in jtg as a singles wrestler....... good bye CT, blame vince for being another misused talent

This storyline is so much better than how Legacy has really panned out. Stable wars are always good. Add in DX and Hart Dynasty and this could've been a huge story. Have Jericho (or Jerishow so Show has something to do) as the head of Hart Dynasty and this gives a large amount of people something to do and keeps it interesting. Also, add in the SES and/or MizShow or ShowMiz and you have a large tag team division and some great television. Either have the titles switching between the teams or have all of this over the tag belts and have the rest of the roster going after the singles titles.
Dyslexic Wheelbarrow I was with you until you said add Jericho to the fold. Jericho will drain them of any personality. He needs to keep away from the dynasty. Teddy Hart should be then leader of the Hart Dynasty. He can talk on the mic better then 95% of the wrestler in the world. He makes you wanna listen to him. And wrestling ! He's wanna the best in the world already. Even his bad matches are like 3 star matches which is what WWE has as Weekly Main event matches. He can do Technical and High-Flying style wrestling. He knows how to work the crowd. Teddy Hart is the one. Not Jericho.

Cryme Tyme is very underrated. All they do now is teach "gangsta" words, which I find quite amusing to be honest. They are a joke now, when CTC was around (well wasn't official but I called it that)I though Cryme Tyme were in for the titles I was wrong. They deserve better than this. Anyway I think this scenario would've been good and put Ted somewhere decent :)

If anything, it makes two tag teams relevent, and gives people the chance to see tag team champions from either side of the table. I have always thought that LEgacy were pretty evelivent, they should be gonig for the tag team championship, instead, half the time the premier tag team jobs out in singles matches. Back in the day, I Thought a CTCDX Survivor Series team would have been a great way to feature Legacy against, and right around this time, Legacy could have been breaking up. So yes, it would have been great for them, as well as made Cryme Tyme relevent, which they havent in a very long time.

Cryme Tyme is very underrated. All they do now is teach "gangsta" words, which I find quite amusing to be honest. They are a joke now, when CTC was around (well wasn't official but I called it that)I though Cryme Tyme were in for the titles I was wrong. They deserve better than this. Anyway I think this scenario would've been good and put Ted somewhere decent :)

they have been a joke from the start thanks to vince,multiple times they could of been HUGE and vince stuck them with the sterotype....crymetime would be 10x better heel....and CTC would of been AMAZING if cena turned heel became lead and reverted back to his thugonomics gimmick........but have them serious not clowning around

legacy was doomed 3 months after teds debut.....vince saw ted marketable and had him targeted to do the marine which has lead us up todays program

I'm not sure if this scenario would have worked because too much happened on the way that might have prevented it from going over well. I did enjoy the feud of Cena and Cryme Tyme VS JBL and Priceless.... but then Cena got injured. Cryme Tyme would have been losing to Priceless left and right, especially after Orton returned to Raw. Cena didn't return until November at Survivor Series. Cryme Tyme would have lost too much by then for a feud between Cena and Cryme Tyme VS Legacy to really work. Plus, Orton would go on to win the Rumble 2 months after that. There would be no need to bring Cena and Cryme Tyme into the Orton/HHH feud. It might have been interesting if they tried it again over the summer with Cryme Tyme not getting moved to Smackdown.... but too much had happened for a Cena & Cryme Tyme VS Legacy feud to work in my opinion. If it HAD been possible, then it could have been cool because Cena could somewhat act like his thugg self again (not a full revert, but act a little like that character) while 4 younger guys get better booking from being involved with two top guys like Cena and Orton.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back