Undertaker Return?

He made his Debut at survivor series, hes guna return at survivor series, as this is his last year as a "wrestler". I think hes been working in the talent pool with Laurenitis and JR all these years too.

Wade and Taker feud for a while but then after his revenge on barret is complete he should focus on the man he did not beat during three matches Kane and fight him at Wrestlemania 28 for his 20-0 streak it makes sense

Triple H - No they had a good match at Wrestlemania 27 i don't want another shawn Michaels Story

Mick Foley - The 1998 Hell in the Cell match ended their rivaly and should remain that way

Stone Cold - This would be dream but would rather see austin vs Punk this year

John Cean - Another great Idea but wwe has him booked against the Rock so i doubt it will ever happen

Chris Jericho - Again a great idea but it would be a better idea for him to go against orton at mania since orton punted jericho in the head.

The only opioion is Kane who is his brother who has the most history with the undertkaer and his return this year would be for vengence against wade and then against kane

From what I've heard is that he doesn't have hair anymore, sooooo, I'm expected either a bald deadman or a slightly less intense deadman character. Remember when HHH said that he "didn't see a deadman, he saw a man" or something along those lines? Could be a good set up for Kane to take advantage and finally send off Undertaker for one last run, although unlikely they'll set up the same feud they have already last year.

Taker' Vs. Wade: No appeal.

Taker' Vs. Kane: No appeal.

Taker' Vs. Orton/Christian: Kind of random, but something I could go with and enjoy.

HHH said he'll be waiting, so maybe he'll come along and do something when he comes back. I'm guessing that HHH is sticking around for awhile, so he can afford to make a heel turn on Taker', so why not. Would make sense that HHH, the new boss gets pissed off that he couldn't take out Taker' both times at Mania'. I could imagine Punk screwing HHH over later on and igniting the HHH/Punk feud.

I think it's time for the return of the American Badass, i don't know how they would do it, but im damn well keen to see that happen. I would like to see him build an upcoming superstar though, obviously his WM match will be huge, but for vengeance a fued with a mid-carder to help launch them would be ideal.

Honestly, i can see him taking on either Wade Barrett or Daniel Bryan. Daniel Bryan would put on a hell of a match and i have no problems seeing him take on the Taker. On the other hand, taker could take the whole nexus screwing him over angle, and run with it against Barrett.

IF he came back as the american badass/big evil taker, I would be pissed. If he came back as a hybrid, I could buy into it. The promos he was cutting last year against michaels and this year against HHH & HBK were awesome. I love his drawl and the way he makes every word count, even if he does mess up now and then. For him to come back and be a badass, evil demonic dude... I wouldn't really care who he feuded with.

NO NO NO. i love taker as much as the other guy and would love for him to return at vengence, but.........did u people forget that the undertaker has NO HAIR. Taker can not return with no hair its just not gona happen. maybe late 2012 or somethan. but he cant come back bald, even if he does the bad ass character again he just cant come back unless hes the pheonom with long hair. #period

Its a good possibility that he'll be back. I would like to see him continue with the program with Wade Barrett. The guy hasnt had a descent feud in forever and a feud with Taker could really bring him back up to where he needs to be. I dont think he'll be back for long, unless they really limit his appearances. He'll probably disappear after the program with Wade is over and come back around Wrestlemania time.

1) Ok, i got this idea formulated right here, so if undertaker doesnt return before the ppv, then maybe wade barret goes into the ring all upset about not having a match, then he issues a open challenge, then the gong tolls and out comes the one, the only, the undertaker, and bam, you got yourself a match. or if kane is back by this time maybe kane has just won a match and is about to leave the ring when bam the lights go out and the undertaker tombstones/chokeslams kane. or kane and taker have a match.

2) he will most likely wrestle a few matches then leave and show up a month in advance to WM, or maybe he will stay for a solid final run and go out with one final match at WM 28.

3) as for his hair, he got it cut, the wwe was aware of this so we might see the return of the american badass. :D

I haven't really missed him to be quite honest, his few matches he does are pretty good but I just got tired of him. The slow entrance, the announcing done for him, the rolling eyes, the fact he looks like he's about to break down into a very fine powder....

I'd say have him come back and start choosing who is next victim at wrestlemania will be through a series of mystical shit he does to random people until he's chosen. You know..typical Taker angle.

Also saves wear and tear on his body if he does light stuff until WM...and keeps him off my tv for TOO long of a period of time.

edit: Re-reading I've seen mention of a feud with Barret, I'd enjoy that as I'm a big fan of Wade. I'd have him come close but ultimately losing, and become irate that Taker won't give him a rematch so Barret becomes violent and just goes on a streak plowing through everyone in his path (like henry but different?) to prove to the Phenom he's worth 1 more shot.

Maybe have him win the rumble and find some "loophole" that lets him challenge for the title of ending Takers streak at WM (yes this device would be used once and never again haha...)

its late and im tired

The return i speak of is the Undertakers. This thread is not about when he should return, or if he should, or who he will face upon his return. It's about how he should return.

We all know that The Undertakers career is defined by the streak in many aspects, as well as the many memories that his character has created, but it has also been kept alive by his ability to adapt his character and reinvent himself. The Undertaker character has evolved over the past twenty years.
Debut till early 92 we saw the dark heel undertaker.
92-94 we saw the beloved character that people started to get behind and arguable was the top face at times.
94-96 the purple gloved taker who wrestled alot of stiffs.
Now the Above weren't much of change but in 96..​
96-98 we saw a different atire and a different mindset he seemed more evil at times and much more vocal then we had ever seen. His fued with mankind showed he could be sadistic and evil
98-99 We saw a very interesting and extremely evil Ministry of Darkness
2000-2003 We saw a completly new Undertaker, the American Badass which I thought was pretty good but his legacy his the deadman which has been from 2004 till now.

Now onto my point..Upon his last return and fued with Triple H we hear the words last outlaw mentioned...He even came out to Johnny Cash at Wrestlemania..and not his tradition music..

This is just my personal opinion but I am interested in hearing all of yours on the matter but I feel that upon what looks to be The Undertakers final run heading into Wrestlemania should he become a last outlaw figure? A hybrid of the American Badass and the phenom. I more human character much like the American Badass, but a wrestler who recognizes his end is near and wants one last run. If you look at his characters he was designed as an old western undertaker..and the old west in known for the outlaws..and bikers can be considered a modern day outlaw. I'm not saying he should come out dressed as a cowboy, just simply a mix of everything we seen that shows the man behind the character in a way, a true veteran at the end of the line.

So what do you think? Bad idea? Should he simply return as the Deadman because that is his legacy or do you have a different thought?

Thanks for reading.

I think to cement his legacy, he should return for the final time as The Deadman, just because of the past 7 years, and children won't understand the American Badass gimmick, but EVERYONE understands The Deadman.

I do think he should return with the gong and Johnny Cash music though, I did prefer this music.

I think that Undertaker will return, not to face Christian.. So i don't think he have to bother. He may go after Kane since he burried him alive OR Nexus.. Or he will face someone with the Heavyweight.. If he prefer to stay some more years in WWE.
But i think so since Paul Bearer have signed a 5 year contract with WWE.....

Possible ending for The Deadman (sad though it is...almost seems sacreligious to talk about it...'Taker is THE guy in WWE)

Alberto del Rio comes out on Raw and starts blathering on and on about how he's the best and it's his destiny to be the best or whatever he says, when Coleslaw gets an email from the RAW GM.

COLE:
(After going through his little BS routine that makes everyone in the arena wanna beat the s**t out of him) Alberto, you are constantly talking about destiny. You have faced many people in your quest for a title, but there is one person you have not yet faced, and he will be your opponent at Wrestlemania XXVIII.

Cole sits back down and Del Rio looks around as if to say, "Well? Who is it?" The crowd is on pins and needles waiting to see who it is.

THE GONG sounds, said crowd goes bats**t crazy, and Del Rio has an 'oh, F**K, not him!' expression on his face. THE GONG sounds again, the lights go out, and the crowd gets crazier. THE GONG sounds a third time, and the lights come up to reveal 'Taker standing in the ring with Del Rio.

Del Rio (rather stupidly) goes on the attack, but 'Taker chokeslams him and stands over him in victory to end the show. Thus begins their rivalry leading up to a Hell In A Cell match at 'Mania 28.

At Wrestlemania XXVIII the HIAC match is one of the most-anticipated on the card, but Michael Cole has taken Del Rio's side and is constantly talking trash about The Deadman, and tonight is no exception. 'Taker beats Del Rio to a bloody pulp, then walks over to the cell door, which has been chained and padlocked shut. He makes a motion with his hands, and the chains on the cell door blow apart (rigged, of course, but it adds to the whole 'Powers of the Deadman' thing). 'Taker walks out of the ring, goes over to the announce table, and gives Coleslaw a thunderous Tombstone Piledriver through the announce table before toppling the RAW GM's computer stand on top of him like a tombstone (thus ending the anonymous RAW GM schtick, as said individual is revealed on the next RAW, and also putting an end to Cole's announcing career).

'Taker then climbs onto the top of the HIAC cage, and stands in victory as '20-0' is flashed on the TitanTron and a huge pyro display goes off as the HIAC cage is slowly raised into the ceiling, with 'Taker still on top, never to be seen in WWE again. (He will, of course, have been inducted into the WWE Hall of Fame the evening before, along with Edge, Macho Man, and Trish Stratus.)

Talk about a Last Ride into the sunset!

Honestly, I grew up watching the undertaker, and I never really felt any great affinity towards him. He was "cool" back in the day but I haven't seen him put on an entertaining match in a long, long time. So I'm not clamoring for a return unless it is to announce his final match so he can finally retire. No offense, but he's just not good enough anymore to warrant these 8 month breaks yet to warrant active status on the roster. So I guess to answer the original questions,

Here is the article:

It would be interesting to see if Undertaker did return at the PPV or on a show before the PPV.

1.Which would you prefer?

2. Who would you like to see him face?

3. How long do you think he will be back for?

4. Also does anyone know the situation with his hair? Or lack of!

1. Don't care.
2. Don't care.
3. One match, then he'll disappear for months again.
4. Don't care.

IF he came back as the american badass/big evil taker, I would be pissed. If he came back as a hybrid, I could buy into it. The promos he was cutting last year against michaels and this year against HHH & HBK were awesome. I love his drawl and the way he makes every word count, even if he does mess up now and then. For him to come back and be a badass, evil demonic dude... I wouldn't really care who he feuded with.

I completely agree.
the deadman was his best character, so it's how he should go out

If the Undertaker returns, it will probably be in February, or right after the Rumble at the earliest, just in time to build for a match at Mania.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back