Report: Possible Nexus Return?

Certainly since the days of the original Nexus, a handful of the members have grown into their own gimmicks. The ones I would like to see in a reformed Nexus would consist of:

* Wade Barret - Between his role as a leader of Nexus and The Corre (where even though they claimed not to have a leader, he was clearly the mouthpiece of the group), he has established himself as a leadership figure in stables.

* David Otunga - since his days as Barret's right hand man, he has continued with that gimmick while pushing his career as a lawyer as a way to weasel his way into becoming the "number 2" guy to John Laurinaitis and instigating situations for Alberto Del Rio. I see him as a heel obstacle for face mid-card champs. And getting tossed the occasional belt here and there.

* Heath Slater - Every team needs comic relief and since his days with The Nexus, Slater has become a self-obsessed, over-confident comedic jobber. The "One-Man Rock Band" surely has a ..."Flair" about him. However, his days as a Tag Team champ prove that when necessary, he can find a way to win. A joke of a guy who surprises you as a threat when you least expect it? I dig it.

* Ryback - This guy is an absolute powerhouse of a man that could be the beserker of a group. Sort of like The Hulk in The Avengers in that he's more of a threat that can be unleashed yet is better as an unspoken threat. In an ideal world, Ryback could spend much time swimming in the main event for the WHC while Barret off and on flirts with the WWE championship.

Together this foursome would really be entertaining to watch and definitely are the most successful members of The Nexus' first run, this side of Daniel Bryan. Appearing on both shows and not concerning themselves with vague promises to revolutionize the WWE, they could really catch on again as legitimate contenders. The best part about a stable is the use of cheating during matches. This is what makes the team aspect entertaining. The opponents often have an uphill battle to attain a victory when there are other guys at ringside ready to kick their asses when the ref is distracted. These 4 men have grown a bit and would be killer as a team. Also they could be either exceptional at drawing heat or embraced by people who love a group of entertaining heels.

What's the point? So they can be fed to Randy Orton sheamus, and SuperCena? It's dead, leave it that way. Anybody who was going to benefit from Nexus already has. Hell Daniel Bryan, Titus O'Neil & Darren Young, and Ryback(Skip Sheffield) have done way more not being in it. The last thing they need is to go back to being goons in a go nowhere stable. Outside of their debut Nexus had nothing.

If they are going to bring it back then they have to treat them as a legit threat. No having them get punked out by John Cena, Sheamus, and Randy Orton every week. But they won't. Heels in WWE aren't allowed to look strong for more than one week.

If they put the guys over it will work. If they start to get them over to feed them to Cena, Punk and the Big Show it will fail again. The problem last time wasn't the Nexus, it was the shitty way they were booked.

I will never understand why they just don't get things right the first time.

I would love to see them come back!

But they'd have to have that huge impact factor like they did on their initial debut, of course it wont be as shocking because we NEVER saw it coming the first time. But still have some big thing again where maybe instead of Raw,

Let's say..

For a couple months build them all as legit heels, but slowly the commentators could mention "if he had a tag team partner he would do my better" or something along those lines then at...

Survivor series

They all have their own matches during the show. Then at the very end, have a big traditional 5 vs 5 match that the Nexus comes and destroys whatever is left of both teams, and survivor series goes out with the team standing tall being the team no body expected to see?

That could be huge for them
1.) Return on PPV
2.)That PPV being Survivor Series
3.) Destroy a hopefully team of some bigger players than mid-carders (i.e, dolph, del rio, rey, cody...ect maybe even punk, cena, orton, sheamus?)

If you bring it back, it would have to be a new group behind Wade Barrett. The rest of the original Nexus has actually found some sort of success in other areas and it's better to leave them like that.

If they re-form, then have it with:

Wade Barrett
Dean Ambrose
Kassius Ohno
Mason Ryan or Big E Langston
The Ascension

I would not be against a Nexus return if it did happen. That is, if the original Nexus returned. The original members other than Tarver are all still with WWE, so they could get back together, with perhaps Titus filling the empty spot that would have been Tarver's. Ryback is in the middle of a huge push so he might not need to be a part of it. They could always bring in McGillicutty instead, he was in Nexus too after all. Barrett would obviously still need to be the leader. His version of Nexus worked and should never have been split into two groups.

Barrett
Otunga
Slater
Gabriel
Young
Titus
McGillcutty

That would be the list of who I would want to see be the members in a Nexus stable, if this angle actually ends up happening. This way Ryback can continue in his own push. As for other previous members.... Husky should come back as his Bray Wyatt character rather than be a part of this. He never did anything of relevance in Nexus anyway. Mason Ryan should not be a part of it either. I'd much rather see Titus as the enforcer of the group, plus that way he and Young do not get split up by this angle. No Cena this time around, it should be about making new stars out of these guys. Finally, CM Punk needs to be as far away from the group as possible, as far as membership is concerned. He never needed them, and they were better off with Barrett. Splitting Nexus into New Nexus and The Corre was one of the worst decisions WWE has made in recent years and a group that had as much potential as Nexus did in its original form deserves another shot.

I would hope not that angle reminds me and should remind everyone the problem with the WWE right now and thats the fact that all the eggs are in the John Cena basket. That angle started off hot and was really over with a good portion off the fans. That RAW before Summerslam was a prime example the crowd was hot for that angle and guess what they dropped the ball and had the faces come out on top. Nexus should have won that match and Barrett should have eventually held the WWE Championship.

I would do a tripple nexus

Barret,Bryan and Ryback

I woud give Berret the world title,Bryan the wwe title

ryback both the us and intercontinental titles

and also have Berret and Bryan as tag champs

thats a powehouse stable maybe even throw in one of those girls from NXT and put the divas belt on her.

I loved the Nexus and I will always do. Nexus is one of the greatest stables of all time. Their debut. Their impact. Their way of destroying almost everyone in their way including John Cena..DAMN! Even tho I am a diehard CM Punk fan, the fact that he screwed Barrett off and he became the new Nexus leader actually killed the group and teared them apart. CM Punk is a great leader but definitely not a Nexus leader material. Or at least not after the original leader, Wade Barrett. Because Barrett had such an appeal, he pictured it perfectly making it impossible for anyone else even someone as brilliant as CM Punk tai over after him. Definitely Nexus returning would be cool af. Whether it's a sudden return or a slow one.. it would be badass in either case!!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back