Calling all Nexus fans...

Craig-O-Mac

Occasional Pre-Show
I was wondering if anyone has any ideas/theories (or even insight) as to what Skip Sheffield's role will be when he returns to our screens. Its never been stated that he's been booted out of Nexus. On the the other hand, his name hasn't been mentioned in quite some time.

How would you like to see Sheffield return? Would you have him re-join his Nexus brothers? Would you prefer to see him on SmackDown? Or maybe even have him return with Michael Tarver perhaps as a Two-Man Wrecking Crew?

Any Ideas?

i doubt he will rejoin the nexus. i like his look and his agressive style but he's been gone too long to just come back to the nexus. he and tarver as a tagteam wouldnt be a bad idea. god knows the wwe needs more tagteams and they both have a similar in ur face style. but i'd have then both come back on smackdown. raw is a little cluttered at the moment and with nexus on raw they couldnt come back and not be involved with the nexus somehow.

For me, it all depends on how much longer the Nexus is going to be alive. After the Cena vs. Barret feud, it was thought that Nexus would have ended. However, as of the last week of 2010, we were shown that Punk took the new role as leader for these guys. The Nexus is built to be a dominant group; and with Punk, the Nexus is able to keep some relevance.

Keeping this in mind, I would be more than happy to see Skip back in Nexus. Skip was the one that, in a sense, supplied the muscle to the group. But ever since Skip left, this attribute that the Nexus had was gone. Having Skip back would without a doubt regain the great attribute Nexus once had.

Though, with that said, I doubt that this is what's going to happen. I believe that when Skip comes back, he will most likely go to the mid-card scene in Smackdown and build himself there as a dominant force. Can't say this is what I'd prefer, but it'swhat I think will most likely happen.

I'm very against Skip joining a force with Michael Tarver because, well, there will be nothing for them to do. Sure, they'll hunt for the gold (etc) - but what then? Chances are, they will split up; go their seperate ways; and all their work would be for nothing. The WWE doesn't really care much about their tag division anymore and I doubt that they will anytime soon. So, really, having Skip in a team with Tarver is more than pointless.

Whatever the case, I hope to see Skip back soon. He was always one of my favorites adn I was very saddeed he left in the first place. Here's to hoping the best of luck for good ol' Skip.

The is kind of a strange situation. On one hand, he has been gone for so long that he really isn't part of Nexus as we know it. He doesn't know (story-line wise) two of the new members or their new leader. On the other hand, how the hell does he walk on screen and not acknowledge Nexus? He was, essentially, their biggest enforcer. Than again, stranger things have gone unexplained.......

Anyways, I think bringing him back as part of Nexus would be a good idea. Look at the guys in Nexus, none of them look like serious threats. Every group needs that one big guy who lays down the law (ie, Batista/Evolution), and like Mister Awesome said, Sheffield would fit that role perfectly.

I'd like to see Sheffield come back to Nexus, him and Harris would be a beast of a tag team to put together and chase after the tag team titles. I don't really care for Tarver at all and wouldn't like to see Sheffield with him.

However, Sheffield on his own wouldn't be bad, especially if they gave him a mouth-piece of a manager or give him a body-guard type role. Sheffield has a great look and I think they could do well with him. But Nexus definitely could use the big man back with them.

I think Sheffield can be brought back into Nexus at some point. He still has connections with Otunga, Slater, and Gabriel (only originals left). The current Nexus with Punk as its leader doesn't really have an Enforcer / Butt-Kicking kind of guy in the group IMO. Sheffield could serve as that guy and they could bring him back at a point when it looks like Cena / Orton or a combination of those guys are about to gain the upper hand.

Forget Skip coming back to Nexus...

Instead, have Sheffield show up on Smackdown with Wade Barret as part of Barret's new faction!

Have Barrett reunite with his NXT mentor Chris Jericho and form a new Evolution type faction: Barrett (HHH), Jericho (Naitch), Sheffield (Batista) & Ziggler (Orton)!

Sheffield & Jericho go after the tag titles, Ziggler win back the IC title and the team helps Barret win the WHC and they all go after Undertaker leading to a Taker/Barret WHC match @ Wrestlemania!

Build the faction as the dominant force on Smackdown! I think it would go over well on Smackdown.

IMHO, CM Punk's Nexus is pretty well stocked right now, especially with the possible addition of a female member (Awesome Kong????). I don't think Skip or Tarver really need to be in it.

I think it would be cool if Skip came back as an enforcer for Barrett. He'd say that when he got injured he was working for Barrett, Barrett saved his job, etc. It never hurts for bad guys to have enforcers to help them win matches and stuff. If he came back with no connection to Nexus, I'm not sure if fans would know how to react to him.

Forget Skip coming back to Nexus...

Instead, have Sheffield show up on Smackdown with Wade Barret as part of Barret's new faction!

Have Barrett reunite with his NXT mentor Chris Jericho and form a new Evolution type faction: Barrett (HHH), Jericho (Naitch), Sheffield (Batista) & Ziggler (Orton)!

Sheffield & Jericho go after the tag titles, Ziggler win back the IC title and the team helps Barret win the WHC and they all go after Undertaker leading to a Taker/Barret WHC match @ Wrestlemania!

Build the faction as the dominant force on Smackdown! I think it would go over well on Smackdown.

Now i like this idea, except replace Jericho with someone a lil lower on the card. But even with Jericho a storyline like this would have me watching smackdown more...

To anyone who wants Sheffield to rejoin Nexus, to join a new faction, or reform an old faction (I'm looking at you New Evolution guys), I say NAY! Skip Sheffield is the only person out of Nexus besides Barrett and BDB that I foresee having a bright future with the WWE, except Sheffield will work as a face.

I think when Skip comes back the WWE will just shuffle him away from Nexus. This can be easily explained by saying Skip doesn't want to be a part of Nexus anymore as it brings him nothing but bad memories, and he joins Smackdown. He gets there and Wade immediately starts barking orders at him, expecting him to be the same obedient attack dog he was in Nexus, but Sheffield refuses. This starts to lay the ground work for a feud between the two. I don't like the idea of Barrett putting Sheffield over, but I think they could have a feud where Sheffield beats Barrett cleanly, but Barrett beats Sheffield dirty at a PPV, thus making him the "victor" of the feud. That way, Sheffield looks strong as an in ring competitor and Barrett comes out looking strong as a heel.

I'd like to see Punk bring in Skip again, and explain Wade vision of Nexus and explain his (Punks) vision.

Skip was the muscle behind Nexus and seemed like a natural fit IMO, and would only be an asset to Nexus in the long run.

Wade being kicked out of Nexus IMO doesn't make sense would of been better to have Punk & Wade feud over leadership with Nexus joining who they want, maybe have 3-3 and have a mach with the 2 others joining the other team, I'm hoping Wade gets a good run on SD thou.

I think Barret once said on Raw that Skip had gotten injured, but he was never booted. Maybe with the new regime (Punk) then he could bring Skip back into the fold. Makes perfect sense storyline wise.

Tarver and Young can stay well away as far as I am concerned.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back