Undertaker Return?

steveom07

Occasional Pre-Show
Here is the article:

http://www.wrestlezone.com/news/239953-wwe-teasing-the-undertakers-return-at-upcoming-ppv

It would be interesting to see if Undertaker did return at the PPV or on a show before the PPV.

Which would you prefer?

Who would you like to see him face?

How long do you think he will be back for?

I would like to see him return the Smackdown before the PPV and challenge Wade Barrett to a match. I dont see him staying for too long, but considering this MAY be his last run he might decide to stay right through till Wrestlemania

Also does anyone know the situation with his hair? Or lack of!

"In the current issue of WWE Magazine, there is a featured article which is hinting at The Undertaker's WWE return at the upcoming Vengeance PPV. It's interesting to note that WWE refers to Vengeance as an "all new PPV," when they have run the event in the past. Below is an excerpt:

"On October 23 Vengeance rises from the grave in the form of an all new Pay Per View. What better time and place for The Undertaker to make his return to a WWE ring? After all, it was a year and a day to the date that the Deadman lost a Buried Alive match to Kane with the aid of the Nexus at 2010's Bragging Rights. The Phenom hasn't come calling for revenge on that score (some streak got in the way) So if we were Kane or Wade Barrett, we'd watch our backs come October. And if you happen to hear the ominous gong, you'll know the bell indeed tolls for thee."" [end quote]

This article really seems like it truly is hinting the return of undertaker to me. It is about time that he returns and wrestles again. Do you think undertaker will return at vengeance? If he does, do you see him go after wade barrett or kane like the article says, or do you see him going after someone else? I for one didn't really like the fued he had with kane. I would like to see him go after Mark Henry, i think that would be a great fued to set up.

What are your thoughts on this article?
Do you think Undertaker will return?
If so, what do you expect, and who would you like to see him go after?

I honestly think that at the end of the WHC match at Summer Slam, regardless of who wins the belt, we'll hear the gong. Taker won't necessarily feud with Christian or Orton but they'll hint his return at Summer Slam. So, I guess it makes sense that his actual in ring return could be at Vengeance.

Vengeance that's interesting I was thinking he'd make his annual yearly return at Summerslam. Maybe choke slam or tombstone Christian at the end of his match. Don't know why he'd return at Vengeance I'd think if not Summerslam than at least a big ppv like Survivor Series.

I would love the Undertaker to return and get his revenge on Barrett for Buried Alive last year. It seems fitting since that story never saw proper closure.
Other suggestion would be Kane but since he's a face at the moment, I don't see that happening. Regardless, an Undertaker return would be great. He still draws and still great to watch. I can hardly wait.

I hope he does return, and If he does I bet he will be coming after Barret, Slater, Gabrial, but maybe he will go after mark henry since Henry "take out" Kane, but I really don't think taker will stick around until mania, unless he gets involved in a great storyline that he can use to then maybe face CM punk at mania

Taker only will return when A) he is 100 percent healthy, B) if there is a worthy enough storyline for he to follow and be a part of, if not, then he will be at mania probably to face cm punk, since maybe punk will say taker is one of those "yes Man" to VInce

I think a HIAC return would be cool. Whoever wins the title in the cell is celebrating, lights go out, Taker is in the cell with them.

His shit has all been done before but it always works. He's just so damn good at his gimmick.

Vengeance is a great place for undertaker to return if it would happen. I was getting the feeling he was gonna give Christian his annual epic summerslam chokeslam. I think he may go ahead and begin fueding with mark Henry since WWE has had him take out big lately. He could feud with Barrett but Im not a huge Barrett fan. I would like to see him come back and attempt to destroy mark Henry but end up getting slammed off the stage by Henry resparking their feud.

Now why Vengeance? Most likely this will be his last run. So if the Rock gonna be making an appearance at Survivor Series where it all began, let us not forget that it all began for the Undertaker at the 1991 Survivor Series. Let him shoot a couple of vigettes targeting Wade Barrett, and let him have his return match at Survivor Series against Wade, and then let him finish up by going to Wrestlemania to Whip the snot out of the now COO Triple H and call it a career.

I think taker is gonna come back and destroy barrett, but not before kane comes back remasked. I have a huge feeling his last match is gonna be kane undertaker at wrestlemania, and kane taking time off now is perfect timing the recoup and be ready for it.
So it would play out like this:

Kane comes back all fired up (no mask, but with maybe long hair like he has been at home getting over the pain of injury without caring about his physical appearance), stalking Mark Henry, huge crowd pops etc. takes out mark henry, maybe wade Barrett gets involved, and Kane starts beating on him.
Kane is about to do his armraising pyro thing, at the last second undertaker's gong hits, Kane is distracted and gets burnt on the pyro?
kane is out for a bit again, taker explains that he is didn't mean for this to happen, but kane got what he deserved for burying him alive. Feuds with barrett until Rumble or E.C., where kane, now masked due to pyro burn, interferes with the match and sets up WM?

Might never happen but the possibility is there, and would be a brilliant last feud for eithe rof these guys. Would really round off the characters entirely. Bring Paul Bearer back in to try stop them killing each other? :p

Hmmm, this is weird, because I thought Taker would return during Wrestlemania season. Oh well, I won't have a problem with Taker's return. The Deadman's character still has plenty of mystique left, and the fans WILL go nuts, when the gong finally sounds once again. Taker might be banged up, but I think he can still provide a few surprises in the ring. Although, I do think Smackdown is doing fine without Taker at the moment. The Randy Orton/Christian feud has been outstanding, Sheamus' face turn has been fun to watch, Mark Henry is on fire as heel, and the mid card is still pretty strong, because we do see a nice set of quality matches on Smackdown each week.

Also, I hope WWE doesn't go down the Taker VS Kane path, because when Kane returns from injury, there is a good chance this could happen....again. I don't want to see these two feud for the 10,00th time. I know, Taker has to get revenge for what happened at Bragging Rights last year, but these two have feuded enough over the years, and the end result of this feud shouldn't be too surprising, because Taker should get the last laugh.

With any luck, this could be just what Wade Barrett needs to re-launch himself as the mega-heel he was in the Nexus. A Barrett-Taker feud could do wonders for putting Barrett over, especially if the WWE are planning for Barrett to go after the world title any time soon. One can only hope that this indeed does not end up as yet another Taker-Kane feud.

WWE should cave in and buy back Kurt Angle for a massive 1 time paycheck and give us the final Taker match we deserve. Screw TNA and kurts contract. Freaking take the hit and get sued.

Are you stupid? this has to be the worst idea ever and i mean ever why the hell would the WWE risk getting sued hell why would kurt angle risk getting sued? all this idea brings is trouble and by the way april 2012 kurt angle would be so deep in his olympic training he wont have time for anything else much less wonderin what will happen to him if he breaches his TNA contract for one more wwe match that he would lose.

As far as taker returning at vengeance i was thinking if he returned at all this year itd be a survivor series because thats where it all started for him or even summer slam to do his annual chokeslam although i guess him returning at vengeance wouldnt be a bad idea like the article says wade barrett did help kane bury him alive maybe he wants his vengeance against him im sure wwe has something in mind guess well have to wait and see what happens

I thought he was going to return in WM season like many people but I guess any earlier is a bonus. I've always been a Taker fan so having him return any time before I thought is even better. I hope he is another twist in the Cm Punk/Cena/Vince/Triple H storyline I don't know how it would happen but I'm sure it would be epic.

Yea I was also one of those expecting a return around Royal Rumble / Elimination Chamber. But I would be very interested in a Taker return, I would hope that a Wade Barrett vs Undertaker feud would be planned, however it could be just a publicity stunt to create Buzz for a 'new' PPV.

However if Undertaker does return at Vengeance to set up a feud with Barrett I believe the real feud would be based around HHH and Taker especially seeing as HHH is now th COO, and still has un-finished buisness with The Game. It might also look as if they are setting up a Wrestlemania rivalry a little more time to build up, and we will get to see The Undertaker on TV for more of the year which I for one have been missing.
With Kane gone it might be a perfect time to make Undertaker come back bald (ala Kane) and set up some story that way, maybe have Undertaker turn up in a masked Kane outfit and be revealed as Taker bald ala playing mind games with Kane.

But the main question I am asking is why would they spoil this in WWE magazine? It makes no sense what so ever.

Hmm I was wondering if they were going to advance on what happened in the buried alive match, and how the nexus got involved, in never went anywhere. Glad they are bringing it back to notice though if Taker does return to vengance as that would be quite interesting, a Barrett vs Taker feud and would probably be very entertaining.

As others have said, I've read that Taker has recently shaved his head and I think it'll have to do with a different "Dead Man" persona. Remember, The Undertaker was carted out after WrestleMania looking about as close to "destroyed" as he's ever looked at any point in his career. So, something more along the lines of an "American Badass" type of persona might be where they're headed with this.

It's possible that Taker could return at Vengeance. He's generally returned at SummerSlam, however, the past several years and it's not out of the realm of possibility for him to show up. If he shows up at SS, he'll make his presence felt in the John Cena vs. CM Punk match. I was reading several months back that, upon his return, The Undertaker would be on the Raw roster.

However, I could see him first going to SmackDown! and settling unfinished business with Kane or Wade Barrett. The WWE is certainly going to try and recreate the feeling of epic matches that Taker has had, especially over the past 3 years, at WrestleMania. If that opponent is Wade Barrett, then Barrett will be getting a monster push

I'll give you my thoughts... and my thoughts are WWE fucked up.

You dont announce or tease tha a guy like Taker is coming back, it ruins his image as a mystic character. He should have his return unknown to all, real or kayfabe, they should act that way.

I mean, the bald Taker thing too is a good reason why he shouldnt return yet, wait till it grows back. I just cant take it seriously, so I wouldnt like to see him return until his hair is back and I dont mean short, I want the long dark hair. What better way to have your final years than the vintage hair!

I understand he changes look, moves and adapts, but damn, not bald! I cant take it seriously. Him and Kane will both be bald now, wtf

They were both better with hair and Kane with his mask. I'd kill to see him debut a new mask and Taker have hair again

Also, Taker coming back for Barrett doesnt make sense after all the wait, why now? When HHH already stated when Taker comes back... he'd be waiting. I mean okay so fuck Barrett up at SS but then HHH vs Taker has to happen, looks like it'll be Mania though it doesnt deserve to go a third time like Rock Austin, oh well, hopefully Sting can stop fucking us, the fans over, and just sign a one match deal. thats the perfect ending WM bout for Taker anyway

but not the Joker Sting, the Crow Sting, we need him, and we need VINTAGE Undertaker

I'm guessing that the Undertaker will be in an elimination Chamber Match with all the original Nexus members involved, ending with Wade, This will probably be announced 1 or 2 weeks before Vengeance.

Another possibility is that Kane has a match with Mark Henry at Vengeance, Kane almost loses (or loses the match) when the UnderTaker appears and sets up a Undertaker vs Mark Henry match at WM28.

I have my doubts about Undertaker returning as the American Badass just because he cut his hair. I think they'll just go on with the Deadman persona, with the Last Outlaw twist on it that they've had going since his return. Going back to his Western roots, but still the Deadman.

I'm glad he's returning so early, but hopefully he can stay healthy. I'd love to see him get in a big, extended run before Mania, which may be his last. Of course we've been saying that for eons now but every year that goes by it's more likely that it'll be the end. 20-0 is a very fitting way for him to go out. I think coming back now also works really well since it'll allow him to get out all the feuds that build up from last time so he can have a proper, big name feud to go into Mania on. Barrett is the obvious choice, and I see no reason not to continue on with that storyline. Barrett getting a high profile feud would be good for him, and there's no shame in losing a feud to the Undertaker. If anything it would bolster his career, better than losing to Jackson.

The Undertaker wont return at Survivor Series. Why? Because The Rock is returning at Survivor Series. They wont have 2 huge returns on the same night. Each can sell itself, this is why Taker is rumoured for a PPV before it.

how do we know taker cut his hair? how do we know the photo was legitimate or took recently, for all we know if it was real it could have been taken in april after mania and it only surfaced recently so he still could have long-ish hair like he did in wrestlemania XX, or the photo could be a fake cause anything is possible.

also how do we know he is going to return at vengance or summerslam or anytime this year, just cause wwe magazine hints at his return doesnt mean it will happen but who knows it might happen and if it does it wont ruin his mysterious character.

i want him to return asap cause as you can see taker is my favourite superstar and ive been watching him since i was young and while everyone was saying rocks the best i was saying takers the best :p

if he does return id love to see him involved in the cm punk/HHH/cean/VKM storyline cause it can be done cause he is wwe's most loyal superstar and punk could insult him for not standing up to vince, and we still have the HHH/mania 27 thing to fall back on so the sky's the limit for his return plot

who cares if the undertaker has long hair, short hair, ginger hair or what!!! Him coming back at all is good enough for me! His heel work as Big Evil was awesome, he was messed up, but we all know he's coming back as face even if he does have a more menacing look.

Personally if he is coming back in time for Vengence, he should start looking for a Wrestlemania opponent. He should come out saying he's been undefeated for 18 years and even the best the world has had to offer have had multiple shots and have come up short. He should start teasing a tournament or SOMETHING to determine who is going to face him. A long haul tournament that could go from survivor series until Elimination chamber. But as the tournament progresses so do the types of matches, each getting more gruelling and contested under harder rules (they could use things such as Ironman, 2 out of three falls, Cage, Hell in A Cell, even something like Buried Alive or an Iron Circle match) resulting in those who make it all the way to the finals, having become more seasoned in big brawl type matches and the right mindset as to what it would take to defeat the Undertaker.

The story could be that the Undertaker, although having being really tested the past 6 wrestlemanias or so, wants someone to defeat him so he can ride off into the sunset. I also thought they should bring back Show & Kane under the banners of the Undertaker. Kane was brought in through his story with Taker, and Big Show was under his tutelage before in 99. Also they are a good tag team in my eyes and I really enjoyed their Big team, decimate everyone run back when they were champs the first and second time round.. they just never really had a storyline to go with it. Also Kane could use a streamlined version of his Mask, citing the reason he semi-uses it is that (as he said on smackdown before he got messed up by Henry) that he feels more human now than ever, and as he was disgusted at what undertaker became before he buried him alive, when he puts it on it reminds him of the monster inside...

An idea of those two being the tag team champions that nobody can beat, and thus if they did rejuvenate the tag team division, the tag teams battling it out would be fighting over the number one contendership MORE than the tag titles because everybody is too scared to face them, build a team up big time and have them actually go after this team of giants and beat them to put them over... but thats a different idea for a completely different thread.

Taker only will return when A) he is 100 percent healthy, B) if there is a worthy enough storyline for he to follow and be a part of, if not, then he will be at mania probably to face cm punk, since maybe punk will say taker is one of those "yes Man" to VInce

Would make perfect sense against Punk, as Taker admitted to kissing Vince's ass (i.e being a 'Yes' man) as the American Badass, when he turned heel on JR. Also fitting that Taker will be returning with short hair, given that the recent picture of him bald is legitimate..

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back