Undertaker and the IC Championship

as someone whos been a Taker fan for 15 years (give or take a year) i've wondered off and on for the better part of the last decade why hes never been IC champ.

its not needed now (obviously) but what about from 1992-1996 when they didn't put the WWF title on him. i mean he didn't need it then either but thats not the question. the question is why...and the answer is simple.......cause he didn't need it. with his gimmick, his size, strength and everything else putting him in the ring with the IC guys at that time and NOT making him look weak would've been very hard.

would a Taker/IC reign work now? idk maybe...but i doubt it.

I see where you're coming from, how you want him to be a triple crown champion..but he doesn't need it now..its too late...he has got bigger things..if he was to win it..he would have back in 90's..when he debuted..but the thing is, just like Sheamus, he kinda went straight to the main event and world title scene...I, at this point don't see Sheamus winning the US or IC title..but it might come say if he drops to the mid card...But Taker..it has always been either world title or non-title feud...thats it...

As much as I wanna see him as a triple crown champion..forget about it.. 1. its too late, 2. he doesn't even need it..

The fans wouldn't buy it, and it wouldn't make much sense. Part of Taker's character is to be the most dominant, plus he is arguably the greatest WWE wrestler of all time, so having him going for any title less than the World Title would be unreasonable to say the least.

I was thinking about this just yesterday actually, I think I'm psychic. No but onto the thread, while I feel like Taker could really make the title what it used to be(guy who holds this title is the second best in the business, next in line to the top) it would do nothing for Taker. Taker came in a legend, he may not be a triple crown champ or whatever but he alone has the streak. Now if it was Kane I feel like it could work. He hasn't had the same success as Taker unfortunately(big mark for both don't bash on me) but he is still a big enough name to do a similar thing for the title especially if he goes after it after the Taker feud is done with Taker obviously taking the gold. I like the idea just needs a different person imho. *cough Kane for IC champion, long dominant reign, prestige added, helps out those who compete for it and whoever beats him wll have one hell of a future cough*

As has been said, the Undertaker doesn't need the IC title, but the IC title would benefit from him holding it. It already has a great list of legends who have held it, but adding Taker to it would cement its credibility. But it wouldn't hurt Taker in any way to hold the IC title. There is nothing at this point that could really hurt Taker's legacy, short of maybe a losing streak or something impossible like that. I see no problem with the idea, because the only thing it will do is instantly elevate the IC title in a big way.

The only way Undertaker would become the IC champion is if he personally wanted to be a Triple Crown champion. Behind the scenes, if he wanted it, it would happen. But the Triple Crown is not something that is put over on tv constantly. No one has stated out loud that they want that last piece of silverware to collect the Triple Crown.
So yes and no to the question. Yes, Undertaker should become IC Champion if he wants to. But they would have to use the Triple Crown as the storyline for doing so, otherwise it would make no logical sense, especially to the non-savvy wrestling fan who has never heard of the Triple Crown.
The belt would benefit more in this scenario than the Deadman.

I wouldn't mind seeing him with the IC belt, it wouldnt lower his aura or make anyone think any less of the Taker.

If anything it would give some more prestige to the title, with such a big star holding it in my opinion.

Also, Taker held the hardcore belt when he was playing the "Big Dog" character, and it never affected his status as one of the biggest stars in the company

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back