The next "Triple Crown" champ

WJDwjdWJDwjd

Getting Noticed By Management
Recently (if you include the U.S. Title along with the IC like I do) two people have become triple crown champions. These two being The Miz and Dolph Ziggler (Tag titles with the Spirit Squad... yes, it counts). Who do you see being the next to gain this prestigious title of a champion?

List of candidates (off the top of my head) that have held two of the three required credentials (World/WWE championship, Tag championship and midcard title)

John Morrison
Christian
Drew McIntrye
Santino Marella
The Undertaker
Kofi Kingston

I know, I'm probably forgetting some, but who is the next "Triple Crown" champion?

Kofi or Jomo are the safest bets. The Undertaker is really an interesting situation, I don't think he'll ever take a mid card title for the sake of taking a title to "stat-pad" his career.

Santino isn't going to be World champion anytime soon thankfully lol.

Christian is another good choice but the sad part being, I think if it was going to happen, it'd of happened already.

Drew just isn't ready for the Big one yet, and everybody knows it.

In my opinion I think BOTH Jomo and Kofi will be Triple crowners by the end of the year through money in the bank. Jomo; if there is a MiTB at Wrestlemania this year and Kofi at either Raw or Smackdown(pending draft) MitB PPVs.

From that list I think theres only 2 realistic options. Undertaker wont be winning a midcard title ever, he's far above that level. Kofi Kingston might win a world title but not in the next 18 months at least, Santino will probably never win a world title and Vince doesn't seem to have enough faith in Christian to give him the title. Which leaves JoMo and Drew. Both of them will win the big one at some point, and you can probably toss a coin as to which one gets it first. If there is a MitB at Wrestlemania, these 2 would be my picks to win based on the way they have both been pushed in the last few months, but it feels like they are building as much suspense as possible with JoMo so that when he does finally win the title they can have the whole 'boyhood dream come true/finally gets the brass ring' feel to it (much like HBK and Jeff Hardy's first win's), so for this reason alone I would go for Drew. Just.

I'm gonna have to go with the crowd here and say JoMo or Drew. Personally, I think it will be JoMo first as I think Drew has a little further to go.

And, now that I think about it, never say never with Santino. I'm not saying his reign would last long, but it's not too far fetched to have them break the record for shortest title reign too.

John Morrison

This is definitely the guy I see doing it next. I think Morrison will become a World Champion by this summer. Even if it comes a little after that, I still think he will be the next guy to get the title of being a WWE Triple Crown Champion.

Christian

I have always been a big fan of Christian. I am one of the guys that have always pushed for a World Title run for the guy. But I have my doubts now if he will get that World Title reign. So, it is possible, I haven't lost hope totally. But he won't be the first out of the guys you listed.

Drew McIntrye

I think this will happen for sure. But to me, I would guess sometime next year. 2012 is the year Drew gets a World Title I think. So, first out of this group he is not.

Santino Marella

He won't ever get a World Title. I like Santino and think he is highly entertaining. But a WWE World Title is not in his future. He may get close for sentimental sakes, but a future Triple Crown Champion he is not.

The Undertaker

I don't see Taker ever getting a Mid Card Title, so I would have to say he won't ever be a Triple Crown Champion. He will always be able to say he was above a Mid Card Title, his whole WWE career.

Kofi Kingston

I am not a Kofi guy at all. I am sure it is possible he will be a World Champion, but I don't see it. He is over with a lot of people and is rather popular. I will not say Kofi won't be a Triple Crown Champion, be he won't be the next one to do it.

Technically The Miz is not a Triple Crown Champion. Unfortunately the WWE does not recognize the United States Championship as being part of the Triple Crown.

However, I do feel the next Triple Crown Champion will be John Morrison. JoMo has been on a hot streak lately. I would not be surprised if John Morrison gets the Money in the Bank contract at WrestleMania (unless there is no match, then I see him getting it at the Money in the Bank PPV). If JoMo doesn't get the contract this year, he won't see either major title in 2011.

If not John Morrison, I would have to say I don't see any of these other wrestlers achieving the Triple Crown anytime soon. Undertaker is way too elevated to ever pursue the Intercontinental Championship, and I don't see any of the other wrestlers achieving the WWE or World Heavyweight Championships.

BTW, you left William Regal off your list...then again, he's left off a lot lately.

Christian will be the World Champ after Del Rio beats Edge, I guarantee that. You forgot people like William Regal and Goldust. I see Kingston, Morrison, or the previously stated Christian bein the next Triple Crowner. So far there is a total of 22 winners so far and a possiblity of 3 others when the US title is added to to the eligibility as The Big Show, John Cena, and The Miz are non-eligible as The US Title is not recognized yet by the WWE. So OP correction Dolph Ziggler is the most recent Triple Crowner and not the Miz.

So far as I'm concerned, Christian will never be a main event champ in the WWE. The reason is that he crossed the line to TNA and did well for them (as opposed to Jeff Hardy who crossed the line and did badly for TNA in the past.) Christian has, in Vince's mind, been branded a traitor. So I'm afraid I'll have to eliminate Christian from this list.

'Taker has already been eliminated for reasons already stated. Besides, it's not as if there's a great deal more he can accomplish as far as accolades are concerned.

John Morrison, Kofi Kingston, and Drew McIntyre are all good solid possibilities, though. If the WWE wanted to give him something else to tie into the "chosen one" gimmick, then I'd say McIntyre, more than likely through some form of corruption/favoritism. In Kofi's case, I'd say he's the least likely on this list of three. He's great in the ring, but the WWE has already shown they're not keen on giving him a long term push. Besides, he's too small for the WWE's liking. If he were to do a heel turn and become a major cheat, that'd be his only chance. For JoMo, I'd think he'd be a solid possibility if the WWE wanted the next triple crown to be a face. He'd also be the best for a good emotionally-charged overcome-all-odds type of story line.

Then there's Santino. I'm going to say that there is more possibility for him than one may think. I'm not saying for the next triple crown, but surely for a triple crown before he retires. It would likely be a very short reign, fallen into "by accident" that sort of thing, but it could be done and would be very entertaining.

As was mentioned there's also Goldust and William Regal. In regard to Goldust, I think he's past his time and any chance to gain a main event championship has passed him by. I like Goldust and think he's a great entertainer...but he's had his time in the sun. The same with Regal, although of all people, I think Regal could make a comeback if the WWE would allow him to. Wait until they actually make a William Regal DVD set. Then we'll see...

Kofi or Jomo are the safest bets. The Undertaker is really an interesting situation, I don't think he'll ever take a mid card title for the sake of taking a title to "stat-pad" his career.

Santino isn't going to be World champion anytime soon thankfully lol.

Christian is another good choice but the sad part being, I think if it was going to happen, it'd of happened already.

Drew just isn't ready for the Big one yet, and everybody knows it.

In my opinion I think BOTH Jomo and Kofi will be Triple crowners by the end of the year through money in the bank. Jomo; if there is a MiTB at Wrestlemania this year and Kofi at either Raw or Smackdown(pending draft) MitB PPVs.

Whilst I agree with every listing you've made, I think the WWE is slowly starting to get back on the Drew McIntyre band wagon. For a while there, he was doing a Jack Swagger, lost in the abyss with the company unsure of what to do with him. But his program is picking up, the WWE loved his Elimination Chamber efforts, from what I've heard and I think now he realises he has to work hard, rather than wait til he's given the title, like he probably thought with the Vince hand picking him angle.

morrison and christian should do it this year,i see jomo winning mitb at wrestlemania and beating the miz by summerslam and i say christian will win mitb at the other ppv and beat del rio

lets also keep in mind that Goldust is only 1 World Title away from being a Triple Crown Champion. I'm not saying by any means that he has a chance in becoming one, but I think he has just as much of a chance as Undertaker does. Maybe even more than Taker does

I think the ways it going so far for one guy.. John Morrison, my bets on him at this point in the year.. It seems this push could be going somewhere good! and not only do I think it's him, but I want it to be him aswell..

Actually, if you count the ECW World Title then JoMo and Christian already are Triple Crown Champions. I know WWE hasn't officially acknowledged anyone as a Triple Crown using the ECW Title, but they've also not recognized anyone with the US Title as a Triple Crown Champion.

People actualy still take this achievement seriously ? Does WWE even ever aknowledge it ? I remember when they used to make a big deal out of the grand slam championship moniker, than JBL earned that title. Im sorry but when a guys likeJBL, Ziggler or miz are in this cowd to its not very impressive anymore.

There was nothing wrong with JBL earning the Grand Slam moniker. It went to guys like HBK, Triple H and Chris Jericho and then slowly other wrestlers started to make their way into the list.

JBL/Bradshaw won the minor titles when he was a minor wrestler, he won the World Title when he received his Main Event push during his run and then when dropped down the ladder slightly, he won the US Title. There was nothing wrong with how JBL earned his Grand Slam moniker.

JoMo will be the next triple crown champion with him being the only real main eventer out of that list.

I hope and pray Drew will win the World title one day :)

Santino should never be world champ and Undertaker is way over that level.

IMO Kolfi just isn't the character Vince would push to the World title so I don't see that happening.

BTW two points 1. WWE does not reconize the US title as triple crown peice for what ever reason and I seriously doubt WWE will ever mention Dolphs time in the Gay Squad... I mean SPirt Squad.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back