Um.. Next Week's TNA, What The Fuck? (Spoiler Alert)

They did it, in theory, so that Chris Sabin would look like a more credible challenger to Bully Ray's title.

I don't think it's gunna work, for reasons of Sabin feeling to much like a passive player in his own storyline and them not having the time to do it properly, but it's logical booking.

As I said before, they might also stick him in the Mafia. It's what I'd do if I'd painted my self into a corner and desperately wanted to make him look credible in a hurry.

Full Spoilers for the two shows

* There was an opening segment with Hulk Hogan to set up the main event. Noteworthy coming out of this is that Suicide is no more. TJ Perkins' persona is now known as "Manic." The main event is X Division champion Austin Aries vs. Manic vs. Chris Sabin. All three made appearances to set this up.

* AJ Styles defeated Kazarian via submission to earn 10 points in the Bound For Glory Series. Bad Influence were dressed like Siegfried and Roy.

* Mickie James cut a promo with a ladder to set up Gail Kim vs. Taryn Terrell ladder match next week. The winner of that match will be the number one contender for the Knockouts title.

* The Big O was eliminated from Gut Check. Ryan Howe will face the judges later tonight.

* Hernandez defeated Jay Bradley via pinfall to earn 7 points in the Bound For Glory Series. Chavo Guerrero distracted Jay Bradley to allow Hernandez to score the win.

* Backstage, Aces & Eights vowed to take care of Austin Aries tonight.

* James Storm and Gunner defeated Robbie E and Jessie Godderz to retain the Tag Team titles. The finish was screwy so they did it a second time.

* Sting promised to prevent any Aces & Eights interference in the main event. Magnus was revealed as the next member.

* Jeff Hardy defeated Joseph Park via disqualification in the Bound For Glory Series. Park was busted open in the mouth and when he saw his blood, he snapped and nailed the referee with a Black Hole Slam. Hardy earned 2 points while Park lost 10 points.

* Ryan Howe was turned down by the Gut Check judges. This got the biggest pop of the night. Howe was booed unmercifully by the crowd, which Danny Davis acknowledged. Danny Davis voted YES, but Bruce Prichard and Al Snow voted NO.

* Chris Sabin defeated Austin Aries and Manic to regain the X Division title in 14:37 with a Cradle Shock off the second rope on Aries for the win. Aces & Eights took out Manic after Doc powerbombed him on the floor. The Main Event Mafia hit the scene to ward off Aces & Eights. There were "TNA" and "This is awesome" chants.

* The show ended with Chris Sabin vowing to defeat Bully Ray for the World title.

IMPACT (July 11)
* There will be three Joker's Wild tag team matches as part of Bound For Glory Series.

* AJ Styles and Samoa Joe defeated Jeff Hardy and Joseph Park. Samoa Joe submitted Park with the Coquina Clutch.

* Magnus and Mr. Anderson defeated Jay Bradley and Hernandez. Anderson wouldn't tag in, leaving Magnus to work solo. Magnus rolled up Hernandez for the pin.

* Aces & Eights cut a promo about the five guys in the Main Event Mafia. MEM came out and challenged them to a fight next week in Louisville, but Aces declined. MEM said Bully Ray will be defending his title next week. They vowed to reveal their new member tonight.

* Kazzarian and Bobby Roode defeated Christopher Daniels and Austin Aries. Daniels broke up a Kazarian pin attempt to tease dissension. Kazarian rolled up Daniels a few seconds later for the win. Bad Influence teased a split but left together.

* All the winning teams enter Gauntlet tonight. The winner of that gets 25 points in the Bound For Glory Series.

* Gail Kim defeated Taryn Terrell in an awesome ladder match to become the number one contender for the Knockouts title. The match lasted for close to 12 minutes.

* Magnus pinned Bobby Roode to win a six man Gauntlet in 15 minutes. Really good match. Magnus earned 25 points in the Bound For Glory Series.

* Hulk Hogan came out and put over Chris Sabin, who came to the ring. Aces & Eights came out and Bully Ray warned him not to cash in at Destination X next week. Sabin cut a great promo saying he pinned 3D in Team 3D's final match and he was the only one to ever kick out of 3D. Sabin handed Hulk Hogan the X Division title to cash in. The Main Event Mafia came out and declared that no matter what, it would be one on one next week. They introduced Rampage Jackson as their newest member. Jackson was there dressed in street clothes but did not do or say anything. That appeared to have been the end of the tapings.

Well, if the plan was to build up Sbabin, it was a little swervetastic.

Sabin probably would have been better off just being challenged by Aries ( Aries wanting to cash in again), and not taken a loss.

But, then we wouldn't have had the awesome ending to Impact, I suppose, so it's all good

I like the addition of Magnus and Jackson to the MEM. TNA is doing more with Rampage than they ever did with King Mo.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back