Um.. Next Week's TNA, What The Fuck? (Spoiler Alert)

Johnny Scumm

InZayn In The Membrane
I usually check the TNA/Impact Wrestling spoilers for the second taping they do, because I usually forget to watch Impact on TV nowadays, unless it's a PPV. So I'm reading through them & this is what I see. Again, spoilers are afoot.

In the X-Division Title match that is Sabin (c) vs King vs Suicide, Suicide wins the X-Division Title.

Then, Hogan comes out with TJ Perkins, saying that he's the guy who was under the Suicide mask & that the Suicide in the ring is a fake, so he runs off through the crowd with the belt.

At the end of the show, Hogan & Fake Suicide are talking in the ring, when Bully Ray interrupts. Fake Suicide then reveals himself to be Austin Aries, who says he's going to cash the title in to have a shot at the TNA Heavyweight Title... How stupid is this? We still know Aries won't win the title, because Bully Ray has everything going for him right now, not to mention Aries is in the BFG Series, so this just kinda kills everything.

Obviously, Sabin should get a rematch for the title, so there is a chance he may win the title back before Aries gets the chance, but what do you think of this?

Oh, and people were first predicting Shelley to be under the mask before they found out it was Aries, thoughts on that?

I don't really see a problem, people were begging for the X Division to receive some attention and it's now receiving some. Personally, I love it.

It's innovative and establishes Aries as a creative sneaker. Love it. We need more little stories like this.

It is interesting, sorry, I do come over extremely negative in my first post. I like the idea, I just... don't get it.

I'm pissed that Sabin's actually lost the belt. I wanted him to keep it for a little bit. But aside from that its creative at least.

I just find it funny some people on the main page say its Alex Shelley

No one sane was going to buy Sabin as a threat to win the title and keep it for more than two weeks. Aries is a guy who could take the title and hold it for awhile. It's a smart move.

No one sane was going to buy Sabin as a threat to win the title and keep it for more than two weeks. Aries is a guy who could take the title and hold it for awhile. It's a smart move.

Well, unless he trades for the title shot

Seems like a fun little storyline, but there's just one question; why did Austin Aries have to dress up? Why couldn't he just ask for a title shot?

Curious KB could you buy Sabin as a threat if they built him solidly for a year??

Curious KB could you buy Sabin as a threat if they built him solidly for a year??

They really couldn't do much given the injury. And even then, one year would be hard to erase the seven years spent as a mod card guy, at best

I mean I thought the way they built Aries could be applied to Sabin. He's about the same size if not slightly bigger and is about as strong I'd say. And Roode was stuck in a tag team for years and he's done pretty well for himself.

Honestly, that's pretty awesome. Like, I'm really impressed how they're utilizing Suicide and unmasking the character for a really good purpose. Very cool.

I've thought about it now & I think I'd have liked it a whole lot more if Aries wasn't in the BFG Series.

That's the bugging reason.

A small wrestler needs to have a lot of toughness, intensity or intelligence to be a top guy. Sabin hasn't shown very much of these, Aries has a lot of all three aspects. So yeah, Sabin could only be a believable main eventer with a severe repackaging.

Would it be adequate if Aries has a new finisher; where he basically sits on his opponent's face, till they tap.

Crotch Lock!

I mean I thought the way they built Aries could be applied to Sabin. He's about the same size if not slightly bigger and is about as strong I'd say. And Roode was stuck in a tag team for years and he's done pretty well for himself.

Aries can talk. Sabin... not really.

I got excited when I thought TJ Perkins was X-Division Champion but then realized my happiness wouldn't last long. It's interesting at the least, depends how it comes across on TV.

And IDK who sent in those results but the main page really has no clue about wrestling outside of America, do they? It would be beneficial for them to point out that Shelley has made several sly remarks about TNA and has even basically called them dicks.

I was actually at that taping last night, and it came off REALLY well live. Aries was over huge with the Chicago(ish) crowd, but also had some pretty decent boo's from some of the younger fans.

Essentially what happened, was Aries beat up TJ Perkins, stole his Suicide costume and won the X-Division title. He then revealed himself as Aries in the main event time slot, and told everyone about his master plan to win the World title for the second year in a row at Destination X.

In my opinion, awesome move. Puts the X-Division in the spotlight for the next month, as they have a TON of time to build for Bound for Glory. It also introduced TJ Perkins, on a side note. Gives a face to the Suicide character. The only real downside is that Chris Sabin had to be snubbed to make this work. But I'm hoping this eventually leads to a Chris Sabin vs. Austin Aries program, which would be pretty damn sick.

Anyways, the crowd loved it, me and all my friends loved it, and it was a great way to end a pretty damn long set of TV tapings.

Based on what I've seen, I would think conventional wisdom would be for Sabin to win the title back off Aeries in order to establish credibility before Destination X. Then again, the fact that nobody else anywhere in the internet seems to have called this suggests that it's not as conventional as I imagined.

Based on what I've seen, I would think conventional wisdom would be for Sabin to win the title back off Aeries in order to establish credibility before Destination X. Then again, the fact that nobody else anywhere in the internet seems to have called this suggests that it's not as conventional as I imagined.

I'm wondering if somehow, this ends up being a feud between Aries and Sabin. Potentially that leads into Sabin taking his spot in the BFG Series?

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back