Um.. Next Week's TNA, What The Fuck? (Spoiler Alert)

Based on what I've seen, I would think conventional wisdom would be for Sabin to win the title back off Aeries in order to establish credibility before Destination X. Then again, the fact that nobody else anywhere in the internet seems to have called this suggests that it's not as conventional as I imagined.

Were it not for the fact that I've seen how TNA has booked the X Division in the last three years, I'd be inclined to agree

Hmm... plausibly just enough time for Sabin to win back the title and join the Main Event Mafia (which is what I'd do if I were trying to make him a credible challenger in a hurry), but probably not. I was under the impression that there was a little longer to go.

To be fair a fued between Aries and Sabin would produce some good mathes and give Sabin some much needed credibity for a guy who's been out for so long

Hmm... plausibly just enough time for Sabin to win back the title and join the Main Event Mafia (which is what I'd do if I were trying to make him a credible challenger in a hurry), but probably not. I was under the impression that there was a little longer to go.
It's called MAIN EVENT Mafia. Not MID-CARD Mafia, or FORMER TAG TEAM DIVISION Mafia.

Unless they change the name Sabin belongs nowhere NEAR the Mafia. Keep it where it's at now and MAYBE add Rampage, who was an MMA Main Eventer.

Yeah; I could sell his addition in about seven and a half seconds - and I wouldn't even need to abuse capital letters to do it.

Yeah; I could sell his addition in about seven and a half seconds - and I wouldn't even need to abuse capital letters to do it.
It's impossible without immediately killing the credibility of the group.

Sabin is an also-rand. He's never been Main Event, never really amounted to much of anything by himself, and as such has no right being in the Main Event Mafia, a group of (former and current) Main Event stars banded together for a common purpose.

TNA's storylines are on par with the WWE. This is a nice way to bring attention to what needs attention - midcard titles and prospective main event talent.

What's to stop MEM from bringing in Sabin as the prospect?
Why would a group of guys originally brought together to maintain their top spot want a PROSPECT, whose goal in the wrestling industry is to take said Main Event guys spot? That's counterproductive.

Why would a group of guys originally brought together to maintain their top spot want a PROSPECT, whose goal in the wrestling industry is to take said Main Event guys spot? That's counterproductive.

Because that isn't their goal anymore. Their goal is to take out Aces and Eights.

I don't see it. I think MEM should keep the World Champions requirement to their group. It gives them so much legitimacy over a group like the Aces & Eights, who are booked in quantity, rather than quality. The three they have now is a really fantastic start, in my opinion.

If I had to guess, and with the way these two sets of Impact shows have been booked, I would put my money on Joe being the guy MEM rides into BFG for the WOrld title match. WHich I don't personally mind, because I love me some Samoan Submission Machine.

This was a group with Sharmell and Lashley in it; it won't break my heart to see Sabin in it

Well, unless he trades for the title shot

Seems like a fun little storyline, but there's just one question; why did Austin Aries have to dress up? Why couldn't he just ask for a title shot?
Because TNA still insists on the X Division title being a game of duck duck goose. Though this was a nice swerve due to those stupid rules.

I'm wondering if somehow, this ends up being a feud between Aries and Sabin. Potentially that leads into Sabin taking his spot in the BFG Series?
Chances are Aries fails while still keeping his spot and Sabin screws him out of a Final 4 win like Roode did to Storm last year. It would certainly be intriguing and TNA seems to have hopes for Sabin.

It's called MAIN EVENT Mafia. Not MID-CARD Mafia, or FORMER TAG TEAM DIVISION Mafia.

Unless they change the name Sabin belongs nowhere NEAR the Mafia. Keep it where it's at now and MAYBE add Rampage, who was an MMA Main Eventer.

Obviously you don't recall how Steiner, Booker, Joe and Nash did nothing but wrestle the midcard in those days. Not to mention all those guys just simply had cups of coffee in main event scenes. They also had Matt Morgan under consideration too.

This was a group with Sharmell and Lashley in it; it won't break my heart to see Sabin in it

Lashley wasn't in it. He appeared and Kurt seemed overjoyed about it and that's as far as it got.

Well first of all their goal as of right now is to stop Aces & 8's and not to keep their spots. Sabin could be the prospect to represent the future main event stars of TNA that could one day lead his own incarnation or some shit.

I'm cool with Aries getting another title shot. But will he still maintain his spot in the BFG series if/when he loses to Bully as KJ mentioned? I don't think he will, but you never know.

Based on what I've seen, I would think conventional wisdom would be for Sabin to win the title back off Aeries in order to establish credibility before Destination X.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back