TNA should WAR with CZW...!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Kfabe

Occasional Pre-Show
There's no denying that TNA has a limited roster and cannot compete with WWE for hiring talent and just having them sit about. Therefore they could freshen things up by warring with another promotion.
If TNA went against CZW in an invasion angle it might possibly be the perfect business decision.

CZW are never going to get a TV deal due to their style so they will never be a threat to TNA, therefore the publicity CZW gets wouldn't be a danger. However CZW would still benefit from worldwide exposure.
CZW have many high fliers and guys that can carry a match, they could more than keep up with TNA's talent and I'm sure we could get some excellent matches. Samoa Joe vs. Necro pt 2 has me dribbling! And who wouldn't love to see Abyss invade the Cage of Death?

To the older fans it would be reminiscent of the good old days of ECW vs WCW, ECW vs WWE. To the new wrestling fans it would be innovative and unexpected.
It worked when ROH went against CZW didn't it?

Please elaborate...
Does anyone think it would work? Does anyone think it would fail?

Its too bad roh isnt still on good terms with tna, i think it would've made more sense to use roh. They're alot more like ecw in the sense that smart fans know about roh, but other fans dont, those fans would be the ones wanting to see tna destroy roh. Also roh has a fan base of its own and there workers would actually be able to get over in tna because of the roh fan base.

If it was CZW of 3 years ago when they still had talent in there promotion. CZW has tapered of into nothing, they use too much local (green as all hell) talent and have shifted there hardcore style into a pointless ultraviolent style.

The violence used to be controlled to some level and the wrestlers deploying it were actually able to shape a match around it. But now when you have Ultraviolent underground matches that consist of two guys just cutting each other in an empty room taking up events....ummmm no thanks.

They lost most of there big names to ROH, PWG and overseas anyway.

No thanks, can see where you're coming from but the current CZW is far too small. Maybe RoH...hmm nah too many ex RoH stars in TNA.

A Japanese company would be their best hope, seeing as they enjoy having Japanese wrestlers make guest appearances anyway. Would be an excellent oppurtunity to unmask Curry Man also.

No offense, but that's a stupid idea. What BENEFIT would TNA have to using CZW's roster? All it would do is make TNA look worse, and CZW look better. There is no benefit to TNA wrestlers working CZW, and CZW is nothing but pointless garbage wrestling, performed by hacks who aren't good enough to do anything other than mutilate their bodies.

TNA is at the point in their existence where having a promotional war with another company, namely CZW, would be a step backwards. Plus, TNA is trying to attract more of the mainstream audience, not just a niche audience, which CZW appeals to.

Having a "war" with CZW would alienate or turn away a good amount of TNA's potential fan base. It would not appeal to the casual observer to see TNA stars (who are barely recognizable as it is, save for the former WWE stars) duking it out with independent workers in an ultraviolent promotion.

Keep in mind I'm talking about the casual viewer, not the small, dedicated audience that TNA and CZW currently appeal to. If this were to happen, TNA would still be where they are now, drawing 1.1, etc. ratings.

No offense, but that's a stupid idea. What BENEFIT would TNA have to using CZW's roster? All it would do is make TNA look worse, and CZW look better. There is no benefit to TNA wrestlers working CZW, and CZW is nothing but pointless garbage wrestling, performed by hacks who aren't good enough to do anything other than mutilate their bodies.

I have to agree with Sly, that is an absolutely terrible idea, CZW is complete shit, nobody knows who the fuck they are, and if they did this the fans wouldn't give two shits about it, as Sly said this wouldn't benefit TNA in the slightest, I mean this idea sucked when ROH feuded with CZW, TNA is on a national TV, with a two hour timeslot in primetime, what purpose would it serve TNA to give some CZW jackass some of TNA's TV time, when TNA could be using that same TV time to push there own guys, you know the ones that TNA are sending paychecks

There's no denying that TNA has a limited roster

But yet an entertaining roster full of talent. So what does it matter?

and cannot compete with WWE for hiring talent and just having them sit about.

I don't think TNA's main priority at this moment is to compete with the WWE, because they know they can't. Once they've built a bigger following, get some big, exciting storylines and make more money, then they can start to compete. Remember, TNA is still in its infancy. No need to rush these things.

Therefore they could freshen things up by warring with another promotion. If TNA went against CZW in an invasion angle it might possibly be the perfect business decision.

Give me one good reason as to how this would benefit TNA.

To the older fans it would be reminiscent of the good old days of ECW vs WCW, ECW vs WWE.

Absolutely not. Why would it?

To the new wrestling fans it would be innovative and unexpected.

So a bunch of no name backyard wrestlers jumping on thumbtacks, barbed wire, light tubes and burning each other would be considered 'innovative' and 'unexpected'. I think not.

Does anyone think it would work? Does anyone think it would fail?

No, it wouldn't work. TNA would be foolish to partner with CZW. They would have nothing to gain and lots to lose.

If TNA went up against CZW, why would it have to be about light tubes, barbed wire etc? I'm talking about a bit of aggression yes, but not to the point where it drives away TV audiences.
When WWF used ECW in the same way, I thought it was entertaining. At the time, I didn't follow ECW so them guys were as little known to me then, as the CZW guys would be to people now. But I still found it good viewing and the fact I didn't know these guys made it fresher for me.
Its been proven it can work. People forget that what you don't like as an idea may be the thing that draws another person as a fan. And lets not forget, when WWF did it with ECW, it never affected their drawing, and back then they were pulling in nearly double they are now.
Anyway, would this idea be any worse than whats going on right now? I'm sure I'd rather watch that than see an hour of Kurt and Karen Angle fighting in the back on a 2 hour show.

I think it would make CZW look bad...
I mean it would make that federation seem weak if they would compete against guys like sharkboy or curryman...

yes I'm obviously being sarcastic.
However I've seen a few CZW videos on Youtube and although I'm not a huge fan of blood and guts axl rotten type bloodfests...not all of the wrestlers on that roster are hacks.

At this point CZW is more watchable for me than TNA...wich is saying alot because I used to be a big TNA mark and I thaught they were gonna be the next ECW...
but now they're the next WCW...without 3.2 ratings..just 1.2s...

so yeah I'm against the idea because TNA needs to focus on SERIOUSLY repairing the damage they caused themselves to their own promotion before they bring in another invading one...

plus this invading federation angle is overdone...

If TNA went up against CZW, why would it have to be about light tubes, barbed wire etc?

Isn't that what CZW are known for and have built their fanbase on? Why would they stray away from that to cross-promote with another company, with the possibility of alienating some of their fanbase?

When WWF used ECW in the same way, I thought it was entertaining. At the time, I didn't follow ECW so them guys were as little known to me then, as the CZW guys would be to people now.

The difference between that and your TNA/CZW fantasy is that the WWE owned the contracts to all the ECW talents at the time of the invasion. Technically, they were contracted WWE talents. That isn't the case with your fantasty TNA/CZW cross-promoting dream. I'm pretty sure conflicts would ensue between the two, especially concering styles of wrestling, and as I mentioned before, TNA simply would have nothing to gain from this.

Lets say for a moment your TNA/CZW idea did happen. Are you seriously telling me that some unknown jobbers from a Hardcore wrestling promotion nobody has heard of are going to come into TNA and feud with the likes of Kurt Angle, Sting, Booker T, Christian etc? That would be incredibly stupid and poor on TNA's part.

But I still found it good viewing and the fact I didn't know these guys made it fresher for me.

Well, if it's fresh faces you're after, there's plenty of indy promotions out there, performing the garbage style of 'wrestling' CZW produce.

Its been proven it can work.

It has? So why has the InVasion storyline been critically panned by most wrestling fans worldwide?

Also, if it was 'proven' to have worked, explain to my why in the beginning of 2001, the WWE we're pulling in ratings of high 4's and 5's, and by the time the InVasion angle had died down, they were down in the high 3's and low 4's?

when WWF did it with ECW, it never affected their drawing, and back then they were pulling in nearly double they are now.

Yet their ratings slowly declined throughout the InVasion angle.

However I've seen a few CZW videos on Youtube and although I'm not a huge fan of blood and guts axl rotten type bloodfests...not all of the wrestlers on that roster are hacks.

Link me to these YouTube videos.

but now they're the next WCW...without 3.2 ratings..just 1.2s...

Why are you comparing a company who's been around for a grand total of 6 years to an established company who had the biggest names in the wrestling world on their roster? Do you really expect TNA to be getting ratings within the 3 region at this point?

so yeah I'm against the idea because TNA needs to focus on SERIOUSLY repairing the damage they caused themselves to their own promotion before they bring in another invading one...

What is this damage you speak of? Gaining more fans? More house shows? Touring the world?

Isn't that what CZW are known for and have built their fanbase on? Why would they stray away from that to cross-promote with another company, with the possibility of alienating some of their fanbase?

As a person who tries to follow CZW as much as I can, I can honestly say that CZW is NOT just about hardcore, just as the old ECW wasn't. CZW also have the guys who can fly with the best of them like Dustin Lee, Vortekz, Rukus, Havok, Ricochet, Sexxxy Eddy, etc. CZW isn't just restricted to the hardcore fan so no I don't think it would alienate their fan base.

Lets say for a moment your TNA/CZW idea did happen. Are you seriously telling me that some unknown jobbers from a Hardcore wrestling promotion nobody has heard of are going to come into TNA and feud with the likes of Kurt Angle, Sting, Booker T, Christian etc? That would be incredibly stupid and poor on TNA's part.

CZW is as much "unknown" to the average fan as them in IWGP to the average fan (the fans that give the ratings in, not the smarks) yet TNA still went ahead with their Global Impact show. I know that was to build fans in the far East but the average fans who already follow TNA have said how good it was too. I would say that proves you don't have to have "suprstars" to make a great show.

Well, if it's fresh faces you're after, there's plenty of indy promotions out there, performing the garbage style of 'wrestling' CZW produce.

Maybe, but none as established as CZW and ROH, and seen as though TNA and ROH have their issues at the moment, thats not going to happen is it? Plus, like I said, ROH would be a threat to TNA if they were better known by the average fan. CZW will never be as they will never drop their hardcore portion of their shows resulting in (probably) never getting a TV contract.

Also, if it was 'proven' to have worked, explain to my why in the beginning of 2001, the WWE we're pulling in ratings of high 4's and 5's, and by the time the InVasion angle had died down, they were down in the high 3's and low 4's?

So you are now saying the invasion angle was the sole reason why the ratings dropped? Don't think so...

QUOTE]

As a person who tries to follow CZW as much as I can, I can honestly say that CZW is NOT just about hardcore, just as the old ECW wasn't. CZW also have the guys who can fly with the best of them like Dustin Lee, Vortekz, Rukus, Havok, Ricochet, Sexxxy Eddy, etc. CZW isn't just restricted to the hardcore fan so no I don't think it would alienate their fan base.
Oh I see. So now because they can jump off a turnbuckle or some building, they're good enough to go to war with TNA?

Oh hey, I can jump off a turnbuckle too. Should I go to war with TNA too?

CZW is as much "unknown" to the average fan as them in IWGP to the average fan (the fans that give the ratings in, not the smarks) yet TNA still went ahead with their Global Impact show. I know that was to build fans in the far East but the average fans who already follow TNA have said how good it was too. I would say that proves you don't have to have "suprstars" to make a great show.
Wait a minute. Did you just compare a hardcore indy fed to an established professional wrestling federation which has been in operation since the 70's? Really?

Maybe, but none as established as CZW and ROH, and seen as though TNA and ROH have their issues at the moment, thats not going to happen is it? Plus, like I said, ROH would be a threat to TNA if they were better known by the average fan. CZW will never be as they will never drop their hardcore portion of their shows resulting in (probably) never getting a TV contract.
ROH would be a threat? If that's the case, why aren't they? Didn't they have a TV deal with some Canadian TV provider and got like, 13 buys? Some threat.

If CZW really want to break into the mainstream and garner a bigger audience, they need to drop the boring hardcore style which a bunch of 12 year old in a back garden could perform given they didn't care about their body.

So you are now saying the invasion angle was the sole reason why the ratings dropped? Don't think so...
Well, lets see. The entire federation and every storyline was based around the InVasion angle. So how was it not?

I don't see how this could benefit TNA in any way, it would be super beneficial to CZW. As they can't get there own TV deal and they are struggling to even get noticed it seems. But nothing good could come of this as TNA and CZW are opposite worlds I believe TNA try to showcase some wrestling and they have excellent talent and well to me CZW's talent roster are limited. Remember in invasion angles like this teams are usually evenly matched I don't see how a TNA vs CZW war could be evenly matched.

ROH is probably still off limits due to the sour relationship between TNA and ROH and that really could have been a good war, Danielson vs Angle anyone?. But yeh a war with Japan would be so awesome as well they seem to have a pretty decent deal with New Japan. I would like to see some of Japans Junior heavyweights go against some of TNA's X-division that really would make for some interesting TV.

I would love to see TNA vs ROH, but in reality its never gonna happen is it? So the next logical step for such a storyline would be the next best known company after ROH, and that is CZW.

CZW could come in as the underdogs they are and give the rub to the TNA guys. I'm sure they wouldn't mind doing that as it would benefit the CZW company.

Maybe something like this:
A 6 man team of "unknown" CZW wrestlers run in on a TNA taping from the crowd and jump a couple of TNA guys. After giving them a beating one of them grab a mic and proclaim who they are and how they are "sick of being overlooked by the TV companies and fans." Enter security and police who proceed to drag them out and arrest them. TNA run a shock story on their website saying how a relatively unknown independent promotion has disrupted their tapings, obviously for a bit of publicity. CZW post news on their site saying how the CZW management were shocked to find out what had happened and apologize as they had no knowledge of their guys planning to do this.
The following week (which just happens to be a CZW event), 6 of TNA's guys raid the CZW ring and dish out a beating, escaping just before the rest of the locker room get to them.
Before you know it, the two feds are at war with each other which makes for entertaining TV as you never know who is going to appear when, and what is going to happen. This all leads up to a TNA vs CZW main event at one of TNA's PPV's where they are NOT fighting for survival, but fighting simply for the reason that they hate each other.

Anyone who disputes that CZW have guys that CAN wrestle and cut it in a "proper" wrestling match, has obviously never seen a CZW event. You can't base how good a wrestler is based upon an event like T.O.D.

Now can anyone honestly tell me this isn't any better than what we're getting from TNA at the moment? Or is Kurt vs Karen the best storyline since NWO?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back