• Rob Van Dam

• Big Van Vader

Results are only viewable after voting.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Shocky

Kissin Babies and Huggin Fat Girlz
The Whole F'n Show Rob Van Dam vs. The Mastadon Big Van Vader

The Following match is the Regional Finals for the TNA. This match takes place in Orlando, Florida, at the Citrus Bowl. This match is conducted under basic wrestling rules with a four sided ring.

While I enjoy RVD, and think is a helluva competitor, and was greatly undersold in WWE, he is against a LEGEND here, the greatest monster heel of all time. I dont think RVD even lasts very long in this, to be honest. I cant see anywere this being booked to go real long, its just a mismatch. Vader is just so much bigger, badder, and stronger, that I just cant see RVD being able to last awful long in this, let alone win. Vader has gone over higher profile guys, in high profile settings. This has been a magical ride for RVD, but it ends here, with a much nastier ride, a powerbomb to the Canvas.

Rob Van Dam has performed very well compared to some of the rest of the "ECW Originals." He has been an ECW TV Champ, A WWE Champ (with the help of Edge), and a Hardcore and Intercontinental Champ. He has always, however, had a tough time with guys significantly bigger than he is. RVD never really broke through against Brock Lesnar or The Undertaker, because his high flying kicks and body blocks style could do little more than stun the big men before they'd catch him off the ropes and put an end to him.

Vader, on the other hand, has an excellent record against smaller, quicker guys such as Sting. Sting had some success against Vader, however, thanks in part to Sting's power. He was able to pick up big men and slam them. RVD doesn't wrestle a power style at all, so he cannot even get high impact offense on Vader.

As entertaining as RVD has been, he is not in Vader's league, never has been, and never will be. RVD's best matches are choreographed spot-fests with guys who had the same exact body type and wrestling style as he does. Vader is a monster who has now dispatched Ric Flair (pretty easilly) and Steve Austin (a little challenging) in successive rounds. RVD has ONLY gotten this far on the count of the stipulations.

Vader is a freight train out of control, and he wants to win this tournament. I personally don't think ANYBODY beats Vader, but of the 7 other guys left in this thing, RVD has the absolute LEAST chance. Voting for this should end with at least a 6-1 margin in Vader's favor - and even the hardcore ECW marks need to own up to that fact.

I'm with IrishCanadian25. This match is over before it starts. Without a massive equalizer Rob has zero chance. I wouldn't even give him a 1%. Isn't this the same man that had his own moonsault? That move would crush Rob in a heartbeat. The only truly devastating move in Rob's Arsenal requires a chair to assist him.

Very much agreed IC. Van Dam has relied heavily on stipulations to get him this far; and I didn't even agree with giving him my vote then. Why should I give him my vote now, now that he's come across arguably the biggest challenge yet in the monster that is Vader and he's got no crappy match gimmick to run to? I can't think of any good reasons, but I'll see if anybody else can come up with any.

Like the Irish Canadian dude says, Vader's like a freight train and RVD's like, erm, allergic to freight trains...

Note to self: come up with better analogies.

rvd vs vader in a straight match, no ladders, no weapons of any kind, has no chance of beating vader. as IC25 has pointed out, RVD has a bad record against big guys because his kicks cant take them down long enough for him to hit his more impact based attacks.
once rvd's energy has worn out and vader catches him, he'll wear him out quickly and put him away. Vader's freight train is going fast enough to crush the RVD shaped rabbit in the headlight

...besides, RVD doesn't even have a campaign HQ, that's how likely people thought he was to reach this far.

Vader will kill RVD.Everything thats been said is all that needs to be said.The power game of Vader dismantles RVDs quickness and skill.RVD May knock down The Big man down one or twice with some diving kicks but will that really stop vader?And do you think a frog splash will stop a guy who has had his eye socket out?Roll on Vader,Roll on.

It's gotta be vader. RVD to the best of my knowledge has never been that great against big men. Taker beat him for the hardcore title, he never beat kane during their feud, and he lost to lesnar in the KOTR finals. Why then should he beat a big man who is better than 2/3 and arguably all 3 of those wrestlers? Simply put, he should. Van Dam lands maybe two kicks, then Vader starts to set the table to eat Van Dam for breakfast.

Vader would crush RVD.
However i firmly believe that RVD would be able to put up a fight,
eg knock vader down via top rope, than start assult.
Also remember RVD is a hard kicker, he would kick vader at safe ranges, and lets say at some point he leg is grabed he always has his other leg.
But ultamatly Vader would eventually 'catch' RVD and crush him.
I would say 15 minute mark.

RVD doesn't stand a chance. Any move he performs would result in Vader either blocking or catching him. RVD also only has one official finishing move. I'm not sure how he could even get Vader on his back to perform it. Unless he distracted the referee and was able to use a chair. Esay win for Vader. I think he stands a good chance of winning now. Savage and HHH will take it out of each other. While this match would be pretty short.

The polls are closed for 48 hours before voting commences to encourage discussion about the matches. That seems to have gone way over your head. Not that it matters in this particular thread, as we seem to have all come to an agreement that Vader's attributes give him a massive advantage over Rob Van Dam. Now, feel free to give your input.

Vader will be winning this one, no doubt about it. RVD has not beaten many Super Heavyweights in his career and he is taking on one of the best big men in wresting history, Vader. I cannot see this match going on for too long, RVD will get his spots in, but the rest of the match is him getting massacred by the Mastadon. But, there is something to consider when voting on this match, if you are a big Randy Savage fan or Triple H fan, it might be best to vote for RVD because the closer the votes are, the more stamina Vader will lose and give either man(Savage or Trips) a better chance to beat him in the next round. It may not be a "fair" way of voting, but it is the "smart" way to vote if you want Triple H or Randy Savage to go further in this tournament.

But, there is something to consider when voting on this match, if you are a big Randy Savage fan or Triple H fan, it might be best to vote for RVD because the closer the votes are, the more stamina Vader will lose and give either man(Savage or Trips) a better chance to beat him in the next round. It may not be a "fair" way of voting, but it is the "smart" way to vote if you want Triple H or Randy Savage to go further in this tournament.

And this, in a nutshell, is why I don't like you.

Vader killing RVD is not avoidable, nor is a close, hard fought match for HHH or Savage. Take your pro-Hunter rhetoric elsewhere, because an exhausted game or macho man will have to contend with a fresh and focused Vader in the final four, and it won't bode well for EITHER MAN.

Vader is gonna win this one, as much as I would rather see RVD move onto the next round there is just no way I can justify him beating Vader, I think RVD could use his speed and aerial skills at first to his advantage but he'd just delay the inevitable, Vader would eventually catch him and then it would be the end for RVD, Vader will pound the shit out of him and then finish him off with a big time Vader Bomb, it's been a good run for RVD but sadly I think, and from the looks of it so does a lot of the other posters, that his run must end here

RVD was one of my favorites, but he is so much more prone to go with no rules and in a highflying environment against guys of similar size. RVD has a victory over Bigelow in what was a brutal match, but RVD isn't going to have all of the tools he had in that match.

Vader is a fucking monster, and he legitimately one of the few guys I would back away from in the wrestling business. I'm a pretty big guy and usually the guys don't impress me much anymore, but Vader scares the shit out of me. I honestly think Vader hurts RVD and hurts him bad.

And this, in a nutshell, is why I don't like you.

Vader killing RVD is not avoidable, nor is a close, hard fought match for HHH or Savage. Take your pro-Hunter rhetoric elsewhere, because an exhausted game or macho man will have to contend with a fresh and focused Vader in the final four, and it won't bode well for EITHER MAN.

You don't like me?:icon_cry:

I cannot believe how you just talk as if Triple H and Randy Savage are jobbers, both men are more then capable of beating Vader in the next round(need I remind you that Triple H beat Andre The Giant earlier in the tournament which means he can stand up to Vader as well) even if they used up more stamina than Vader, both of them excel in long matches and can make comebacks.

When it comes to the strategic voting, I admitted that it was not fair and it is a cheap way to vote, but it is still something to consider no matter what, if somebody wants to swallow their pride and vote that way, that is their decision, I just brought it into the open. I didn't say I was going to vote that way, but I am taking it into consideration.

Anyways, I could vote for RVD for another plausible reason like:

Vader vs RVD can very well be a Hit and Miss match(like most Super-Heavyweight vs Light-Heavyweight matches) which can result in a good chance of the referee being knocked out. Triple H(who beat Savage earlier in the night if we go by my way) comes out of nowhere with his sledgehammer and nails Vader multiple times until he is down, RVD takes advantage of the situation and climbs the turnbuckle for a Five-Star Frog Splash for the victory. We then have HHH vs RVD in the next round, which was Triple H's plan all along in attacking Vader.

^^^This finish is very possible because each regional final match is taking place on the same night and at the same arena. People may not approve of the tactical voting because it seems like cheating, but cheating happens all the time in wrestling so nobody cannot argue with this finish.

You don't like me?:icon_cry:

I do like you. Just not right now - Vader told me not to. It's not personal, Sonny. It's strictly business.

I cannot believe how you just talk as if Triple H and Randy Savage are jobbers, both men are more then capable of beating Vader in the next round(need I remind you that Triple H beat Andre The Giant earlier in the tournament which means he can stand up to Vader as well) even if they used up more stamina than Vader, both of them excel in long matches and can make comebacks:

HHH's win over Andre was a sham. And don't get me wrong, I like HHH, and I love Randy Savage. It's like I like my Sketchers, but I LOVE my Prada backpack.

Remember, I got behind Randy Savage a long time ago in my "Greatest Feud Participant of All-Time" thread. If Vader isn't in this thing, I am behind Savage. But to try to rally people to vote RVD strictly to give HHH or Savage a better chance against Vader next round shows how little faith you actually have in either man. And Vader just knocked off Ric Flair and Steve Austin in successive rounds as well. Finally, if you want proof of Vader's comeback ability, read the 1st post in the Vader Campaign HQ thread - Vader won his first New Japan Pro title with 3 consecutive wins over Japanese legends. The Mastadon comes back as well as anybody.

When it comes to the strategic voting, I admitted that it was not fair and it is a cheap way to vote, but it is still something to consider no matter what, if somebody wants to swallow their pride and vote that way, that is their decision, I just brought it into the open. I didn't say I was going to vote that way, but I am taking it into consideration:

Good boy. Did you also yell at Ralph Nader supporters in 2000 for splitting the Liberal Vote?

Vader vs RVD can very well be a Hit and Miss match(like most Super-Heavyweight vs Light-Heavyweight matches) which can result in a good chance of the referee being knocked out. Triple H(who beat Savage earlier in the night if we go by my way) comes out of nowhere with his sledgehammer and nails Vader multiple times until he is down, RVD takes advantage of the situation and climbs the turnbuckle for a Five-Star Frog Splash for the victory. We then have HHH vs RVD in the next round, which was Triple H's plan all along in attacking Vader.

This finish is very possible because each regional final match is taking place on the same night and at the same arena. People may not approve of the tactical voting because it seems like cheating, but cheating happens all the time in wrestling so nobody cannot argue with this finish.

I cannot believe I am going to dignify this with an arguement, but here goes.

To imagine up a scenario like this one would be to bastardize a fantastic tournament in which we took 256 men in their so called primes and eliminated them to decide who comes out the best. With screwjobs and conspiracies, it's possible for anyone to come out the winner. Besides, why would a heel HHH help a face RVD when HHH has had some trouble with RVD in the past? And wouldn't such a BS finish be more plausible between men with a history, like HHH and Michaels? Vader doesn't really have much of a history with anyone who remains - so in your fantasy world, that SHOULD work to his advantage. Everyone else takes out everyone else, and the cream rises to the top.

Vader for Wrestlezone Champion 2008!

I want to vote for RVD...I really do. I find his matches always entertaining, often original, and I almost always say "how the F*** did he do that???" But there is no way on God's green earth he beats Vader without some incredible stipulation. Vader is too big, too strong, too fast, and too smart. I could vote for RVD over Khali. I could take him over pretty much any of the "monsters" in today's wrestling world. But I can't see him going over Vader.

MP

I really think these people who voted for RVD really have no idea who vader is. In all seriousness I love RVD, but the only way he could deal any damage to vader is with weapons, and even then what RVD can use, Vader can use back ten fold. Please dont assume any screwjob finishes in this tourny. Its all about winning with your finisher not getting some lucky roll up

While I think alot of people blindly hate on RVD for his spottiness, how can you not vote Vader here?

RVD would definately give Vader some trouble in the beginning, make no mistake about it. He'd jump around, doing some fancy kicks to Vader which would barely register. Get a couple of his signature moves in maybe. Then Vader begins the squash, and destroys RVD around the five minute mark here.

Vader may just win this tourny after all.

I know i'm in the minority here but i actually did vote for RVD. I know the size and rules dont really favor him in this envirnment but that doesnt mean he cant still high fly and be an innovator of moves. RVD in his ECW prime in my eyes was the second best performer around only behind Shawn Michaels, the man was TV champ but should have been world champ. Says something when you are putting on stellar matches that are more entertaining than the main evetn. He has beaten bigger guys before like Bam Bam Bigelow. I know he doesnt have much of a chance but in his prime ECW days i think he can pull this one out, but is gonna be damn beat up after it.

I went with Vader on this one, I remember watching some old Vader matches the other night on the Tube, and Vader pretty much looked unstoppable in his prime. Not only was he thin, but he was extremely agile and moved impressively fast, and he was incredibly powerful, built like a brick wall. As I watched a few of those matches, I just couldn't picture RVD, even in his prime, doing any significant amount of damage to Vader, especially if Vader was in his prime as well. Vader had the clear strength and size advantage on RVD. RVD may have had the speed advantage in his prime over Vader in his, but that didn't mean that Vader wasn't agile enough to catch Van Dam, if he did make a mistake, and since I remember RVD being a bit botchy in the ring, it would only be a matter of time before he made a mistake, and Vader squashed him.

This would be just an absolutely dominating performance from Vader. RVD does not match up against Vader well at all. You know how sometimes in boxing or MMA you have a great fighter, but theres always that type of figher they have no chance against, that would be Vader for RVD.

Van Dam is all about speed, agility, and his awesome kicks. However, Vader is not THAT much slower and is still far more powerful. RVD and his kicks would be rendered ineffective and Vader would squash him with a Vaderbomb.

This beating would be brutal B-R Utal.

Oh my.... this is physically painful... but I will be voting for Vader. Yes RVDgurl is not voting for RVD! Although it would not be a squash like most of you seem to think. If you all go back with me a year or two ago, RVD beat the Big Show on a few occasions. Thus proving that he is more than capable of holding his own against those who are much bigger than him. With that being said, Vader is much more skilled than the Big Show and there are no extreme rules in this match. The edge goes to Vader, but RVD has a more than respectful showing.

*EDIT*- thank you to the 7 people who actually did vote for RVD. Love the enthusiam.

Oh my.... this is physically painful... but I will be voting for Vader. Yes RVDgurl is not voting for RVD! Although it would not be a squash like most of you seem to think. If you all go back with me a year or two ago, RVD beat the Big Show on a few occasions. Thus proving that he is more than capable of holding his own against those who are much bigger than him. With that being said, Vader is much more skilled than the Big Show and there are no extreme rules in this match. The edge goes to Vader, but RVD has a more than respectful showing.

Wow. Just, wow. I never thought I would see the day.

I don't know what the bigger shock is today. Elliot Spitzer's call girls, Jeff Hardy's suspension, or RVDGurl going AGAINST RVD and for Big Van Vader!

I can only call this a personal victory, and I won't even bother refuting anything you say, RVDGurl, because you have earned my total and utter shock.

This is as close to "speechless" as I get.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back