TNA Region, San Antonio Subregion, First Round: (15) Curt Hennig vs. (18) Ted DiBiase

Who Wins This Matchup?

• Curt Hennig

• Ted DiBiase

Results are only viewable after voting.

klunderbunker

Welcome to My (And Not Sly's) House
This is a first round match in the TNA Region, San Antonio Subregion. It is a standard one on one match held under TNA Rules. It will be held at the AT&T Center in San Antonio, Texas.

attcenter_0.jpg

229d971902hennigimg.jpg

#15. Curt Hennig

Vs.

11.jpg

#18. Ted DiBiase

Polls will be open for three days following a one day period for discussion. Voting will be based on who you feel is the greater of the two competitors. Post your reasons for why your pick should win below. Remember that this is non-spam and the most votes in the poll win. Any ties will be broken by the amount of posts of support for each candidate, with one vote per poster.

Also remember that this is a non-spam forum. If you post a response without giving a reason for your selection, it will be penalized for spam and deleted.

This is a tough one, so I'll probably make a last minute decision when the polls open. Both stars could go in the ring, as well as work a crowd. I'm leaning towards DiBiase though. The guy drew heat like no one back in the day, trying every tactic possible to get the title, eventually "purchasing" it off of Andre. On the other hand, Hennig was an outstanding mid-card champ and solid worker in his own right, and could work the crowd as a face or heel.

I think I'm similarly torn. I'd probably give the edge to Henning in the ring in this one, but DiBiase the edge at drawing heat. His gimmick was set up for it though. There is a reason people remember Mr. Perfect despite being a career midcarder. And it's isn;t just his untimely death.

On. The. Fence.

Disclaimer: I won't pretend that I have in-depth wrestling knowledge about a wide range of superstars. So, I'm going to perform my voting a little differently. There will be 127 matches in total in this tournament. I've comprised a list of 63 random 1v1 events. I'll randomize the list and base my vote off the results of who I think would win the selected event with my odd logic.

This event: Rock, Paper, Scissors

Logic: It's hard to bet against a guy whose gimmick is being perfect. I imagine him snipping my flat hand every time I draw paper. Ted Dibiase is rich, but you can't buy out Rock, Paper, Scissors. The game is in the public domain. Curt Hennig with the 1-2-3, shoot!

Winner: Curt Hennig

Mr. Perfect was a great wrester and a terrific heel. If it weren't for his back he would've gone onto even greater things. But he didn't. Ted DiBiase was a very good wrestler and arguablly the heel. One was athletic and cocky, the other technically sound and diabolical. Their legacy's are closely mirrored, but DiBiase maintained that evilness for longer and with greater success. Three tag title reigns, the run as Million Dollar Champion and a main event at WrestleMania.

Five years after his WrestleMania main event outing, he was still being booed out of the building (or make-shift arena in Vegas in this case) as a member of Money Inc. Perfect never had that sustained period of just being on top of the evil meter and while he probably should've had a crack on top, he didn't.

DiBiase's just too good to go home right now, even if Perfect is close to that too, and Ted has the record to back it up.

Close, close match.

I think this comes down to preference to be honest. And in that case I pick Perfect. I like him more.

It's a very closely balanced match, this. Both were good heels but with better gimmicks that catapulted them to the top. I think the fact that both had their best successes in the WWF doesn't help split them either. I'm going to give it to Hennig, solely for the fact that he managed to get over without the gimmick elsewhere, which is to be commended.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back