TNA Region, San Antonio Subregion, First Round:(2)Bruno Sammartino vs.(31)Bobby Roode

Who Wins This Matchup?

• Bruno Sammartino

• Bobby Roode

Results are only viewable after voting.

klunderbunker

Welcome to My (And Not Sly's) House
This is a first round match in the TNA Region, San Antonio Subregion. It is a standard one on one match held under TNA Rules. It will be held at the AT&T Center in San Antonio, Texas.

attcenter_0.jpg

bruno-sammartino-wwe-2k14.png

#2. Bruno Sammartino

Vs.

IMG_8492.jpg

#31. Bobby Roode

Polls will be open for three days following a one day period for discussion. Voting will be based on who you feel is the greater of the two competitors. Post your reasons for why your pick should win below. Remember that this is non-spam and the most votes in the poll win. Any ties will be broken by the amount of posts of support for each candidate, with one vote per poster.

Also remember that this is a non-spam forum. If you post a response without giving a reason for your selection, it will be penalized for spam and deleted.

Technically, the longest reigning champion in TNA history vs. the longest reigning champ in WWE history. Just thought that was a cool stat.

I'd love to vote Roode, however, I still feel like I'll be going Sammartino for obvious reasons. Roode didn't and doesn't have the canvas that Sammartino does but Sammartino really used it like few ever could.

Disclaimer: I won't pretend that I have in-depth wrestling knowledge about a wide range of superstars. So, I'm going to perform my voting a little differently. There will be 127 matches in total in this tournament. I've comprised a list of 63 random 1v1 events. I'll randomize the list and base my vote off the results of who I think would win the selected event with my odd logic.

This event: Mario Party

Logic: Judging by pictures alone, Bruno looks like the older brother here. The little brother hardly ever wins against the big brother at a video game. Especially a game like Mario Party where you are probably playing it with your cousins or friends. If the little brother beats the older brother in public, he gets the crap beat out of him. It's a lose-lose situation for Roode.

Winner: Bruno Sammartino

Dammit, why did Roode have to get Sammartino?! And in surprised he's so low down the rankings with being the most dominant champion in TNA history and a great tag team wrestler.

However, let's be honest. He isn't going to get past Bruno is he? The longest reigning WWE Champion of all time, one of THE top stars in wrestling history who did so much to put the company on the map. Even though I love Bobby Roode and think he's fucking awesome I can't vote for him here, it has to be Sammartino.

I'm off to watch some Beer Money matches..

Love this matchup for some reason. Always a big Roode fan ( a bigger storm fan though), and I think he is one of those guys that is cut from the perfect heel cloth. Exquisite in the ring and has a good presence.

However, this is Bruno and while one could argue that Bruno wasn't all that big out of the northeast, he still takes this.

Bobby Roode has had a decent career, and there's no need to come and be rude about TNA, but the fact remains that Sammartino was a household name that regularly headlined MSG, didn't really lose for 8 years or so and generally dominated proceedings, while Roode just hasn't done anything even approaching that.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back