TNA Region, Bayamon Subregion, Second Round:(3) Bret Hart vs. (19)Tully Blanchard

Who Wins This Matchup?

• Bret Hart

• Tully Blanchard

Results are only viewable after voting.
Status
Not open for further replies.

klunderbunker

Welcome to My (And Not Sly's) House
This is a second round match in the TNA Region, Bayamon Subregion. It is a standard one on one match held under TNA Rules. It will be held at the Coliseo Ruben Rodriguez in Bayamon, Puerto Rico.

coliseoRub%C3%A9nRodr%C3%ADguez.jpg

bret_hart.jpg

#3. Bret Hart

Vs.

tully-blanchard-picture-4.jpg

#19. Tully Blanchard

Polls will be open for four days following a one day period for discussion. Voting will be based on who you feel is the greater of the two competitors. Post your reasons for why your pick should win below. Remember that this is non-spam and the most votes in the poll win. Any ties will be broken by the amount of posts of support for each candidate, with one vote per poster.

Also remember that this is a non-spam forum. If you post a response without giving a reason for your selection, it will be penalized for spam and deleted.

Cool match. Bret wins. Tully Blanchard was a bad-ass for sure, but he wasn't a main event star. Say what you want about Bret's time on top, the dude is considered one of the greatest to ever lace up a pair of boots. He finisher is legendary, his techincal ability is amongst the greatest. The dude is a top talent with a track record to back it up. Tully is a great hand, but he isn't going to get much out of this other than good match. It'd be fun and furious, but it'd be Bret's.

I agree with FunKay in that Bret was just too good. He was a main event star. Tully was a great great star in the midcard, but he is no Bret Hart. I loved Bret's time as champion, and it had to be tough to carry the ball after The Golden Era stars were all gone. Bret moves onto the next round with The Sharpshooter.

This would be a really fun match. If Bret retired after SummerSlam 92 this would be a coin toss. However, Bret was just getting started at that point and after that he went on to accomplish much more than Tully ever did. Good match but Bret takes it pretty easily.

I reckon this would be one of the best matches of the 2nd round. Tully is no pushover, and he'd put up a good fight against Bret, but the Hitman is just better overall. He accomplished far more that Blanchard did as a singles competitor, and would make Tully tap out to the Sharpshooter at the 13 minute mark, after fighting off some Horseman interferance.

Bret moves on to bigger and better things.

I don't get the plaudits given to the late 80s NWA stars like Blanchard. At a time when wrestling was incredibly popular, they were an afterthought. Anyway, even if they weren't you have a second fiddle guy here up against a multiple time world champion. Hart would win this match for sure.

Tully is mostly remembered for two things: Losing to Magnum T.A. at Starrcade '85 and being a Horseman. I often think Bret is overrated, but he is a multi-time world champion who was the guy in WWF for a period. Bret wins.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back