TNA needs another show

Status
Not open for further replies.

Saritafan

TNA FIRE ORLANDO JORDAN HE SUCKS
every week on impact,it feels like TNA is trying to speed up everything to fit it all in a 2-hour slot,you have no time to breath.A match ends,usually whoever wins,gets time to gloat but in TNA,once the person wins,straight to backstage segment,it's really annoying.the matches also seem to be rushed and to short,sure the matches are good but when you have less then 3-4 minutes to do a match,are you really going to remember the match no matter how good it was.bottom line is that TNA NEEDS ANOTHER SHOW,Impact is obviously TNA's Raw so there second show could be Xplosion,TNA's smackdown,this way TNA has more time,they can build better fueds,and the matches would be longer and more entertaining and stars that couldn't get a slot on impact,could get a slot on Xplosion.

anyone agree?

Kinda. they have so much talent, but when they use it, it ends up either weak or one giant clusterfuck. they could maybe benifit from more time, but they need to use their talent better (AJ, Daniels, etc.) first

They have the right amount of talent for one show, and only one show. Adding a new show would give them too much time. They'd waste it all by adding more segments nobody cares about and having matches nobody would want to see. If their creative team does their jobs well they don't need an extra show. They'd have a perfect show the first time and would leave you wanting more.

TNA doesnt need another show. They have less than 10 veterans of 10 or more years and less they are just now trying to make something of Eric Young. Needless to say I don't think they have the depth on the roster to bring out a second wrestling show. Give them a couple more years and they will have enough talent for a second show.

I think every one who is a fan of TNA usually wants to see more. I think everyone cares about the segments too because they are fun and original. Who in the hell could sit through ECW show or another Orton/ Triple H feud with a straight face. Are you kidding me? I think WWE has way too many shows and PPV's too.

TNA in no shape, way, or form needs another show. Another show would only hurt them. As it is they're barely scraping above the 1.0 line in ratings, another show is only going to bring the promotion down more. They should try working on improving Impact before adding another show.

What would the point be? More time for TV matches? Cut out one of the 12,000 promos on Impact every week and you'd have more TV time for actual wrestling.

There's really absolutely no upside to starting another television show. TNA isn't nearly popular enough to warrant it.

TNA in no shape, way, or form needs another show. Another show would only hurt them. As it is they're barely scraping above the 1.0 line in ratings, another show is only going to bring the promotion down more. They should try working on improving Impact before adding another show.

What would the point be? More time for TV matches? Cut out one of the 12,000 promos on Impact every week and you'd have more TV time for actual wrestling.

There's really absolutely no upside to starting another television show. TNA isn't nearly popular enough to warrant it.

I completely agree. By getting another show they wouldn't benefit at all from it. However with them getting the Spin Cycle possibly picked up I can see that actually helping them, but another actual wrestling show is way to soon for them. Like people have said they would just waste it with more segments and wrestlers they cant find time for on Impact.

TNA main goal is to beat Smackdown in the ratings right now within the year. Dixie Carter just released a statement, and she seems like she has a great head on her shoulder, and knows how to promote. I'm pretty impressed how she isn't on the show, she helps promote and give great storylines. The show needs to beat the smackdown ratings before a second show is created. Small steps before you over market the underground market. WWE, smackdown needs a better timeslot, and better network.

Another show would hurt them. They are still trying to get their feel out there and they are getting better. I really like the MEM Soma Joe, Sting angle right now. Looks like A.J and Daniels might join in as well.

They only need impact another show will make them too much like WWE which has may too many shows to begin with.

I'm with XFear on this one, when WWE was on a 1.3 or whatever rating, they didn't go to a second show, it was when they were getting 7's and 8's, heck their third show is getting the same ratings now. It does not make logical sense for this to be the case. Like has been pointed out, there's way of getting people on the show, they just need to make room for them.

Agreed. TNA needs another show. They try to give everyone face time on Impact! and this causes short matches and everything happens back to back to back. Boom! Boom! Boom! There is no time to breathe and soak in what you just watched.

OR!

TNA needs to cut the fat.

Bring back Petey Williams and Sonjay Dutt (because there style of wrestling is what TNA is about....or rather, what it was about)

Get rid of Rhyno, Jesse Neil, Suicide, Cody Deaner, ODB, Taylor Wilde, Kip James, Jenna Morasca

And of course you can get rid of those who haven't been on TV in a long time BG James, Rhaka Khan, Shark Boy, SoCal Val.

And get rid of Kaz because I can't stand him. lol

TNA main goal is to beat Smackdown in the ratings right now within the year. Dixie Carter just released a statement, and she seems like she has a great head on her shoulder, and knows how to promote. I'm pretty impressed how she isn't on the show, she helps promote and give great storylines. The show needs to beat the smackdown ratings before a second show is created. Small steps before you over market the underground market. WWE, smackdown needs a better timeslot, and better network.

It took TNA 7 years to advance the amount of ratings they would have to advance now to reach the ratings of Smackdown (and that's probably not even fully comparable because of the difference in the networks they're on). So, good luck with that. Maybe in another 7 years! And the fact is, Impact's ratings have been declining back to the same mundane rating they've consistently been for years without growth. Year after year its the same. So to reach (and certainly to beat) Smackdown is a lovely dream by Dixie Carter and every TNA fan, but not overly likely. TNA would have to make drastic changes in every bit of their product, which isn't likely to happen, since they refuse to evolve in the right directions in my opinion and they've proven that by the ratings they're at and the slow snail crawl in growth they've been moving.

And how could anyone ever justify a second show for TNA? Impact isn't even successful enough to warrant a second show. It's a two hour show that gets 1.1s on average. You have two shows promoting the main stars of TNA and it'll be hugely overexposing those stars and will damage TNA a lot more then ever helping them. And if its a show without the main event stars that focuses on trying to do things with the lesser talent who don't get as much tv time, then the shows going to fail miserably and get 0.8s in ratings because no one's going to watch a show with Suicide vs. Trevor Murdoch. There is no way in hell TNA needs a second wrestling show or is getting one. Even the Spin Cycle show is doomed for failure, they won't get any ratings aside from the die hard TNA fans.. and that just won't be enough.

Agreed. TNA needs another show. They try to give everyone face time on Impact! and this causes short matches and everything happens back to back to back. Boom! Boom! Boom! There is no time to breathe and soak in what you just watched.

OR!

TNA needs to cut the fat.

Bring back Petey Williams and Sonjay Dutt (because there style of wrestling is what TNA is about....or rather, what it was about)

Get rid of Rhyno, Jesse Neil, Suicide, Cody Deaner, ODB, Taylor Wilde, Kip James, Jenna Morasca

And of course you can get rid of those who haven't been on TV in a long time BG James, Rhaka Khan, Shark Boy, SoCal Val.

And get rid of Kaz because I can't stand him. lol

Petey wanted to leave for some time away from wrestling. So, he's not coming back until he's ready.

Sonjay asked to be released to move back over with ROH. He's not coming back.

Rhino doesn't need to be released but they need to find something for him to do. The Eric Young feud is there now.

Jesse Neal was a good idea but give the guy some wrestling attire like in his myspace pictures and you got something good.

Sucide is definitely not going anywhere. Dixie said it herself that Suicide has been one of the top TNA merchandise sellers right now. You can call him John Cena if you like.

Cody Deaner is supposed to add humor...I guess he could go.

ODB is a fan favorite, she not going anywhere.

Taylor Wilde is definitely not going anywhere, she's TNA's future. She can actually wrestle with the best of them. I think she has what it takes to become memorable as Trish Stratus is with WWE.

Kip James is has alot in him but "Cute Kip" killed his career.

Jenna is sexy as hell. She's feuding with Sharmell which makes her go all ghetto. Instant entertainment. Keep her TNA...

BG James I believe retired and is working with TNA in their talent department.

Khan has been suspended or fired I believe due to her behavior backstage. Her ex-boyfriend Kurt Angle couldn't save her, so she's screwed.

Shark Boy is going to get released sooner or later. I think there keeping him around for their new Video Game. Once everything is finished they will release him.

He also is a hit with kids, so they might look to bring that the original Shark Boy.

SoCalVal is a good looking S.L.U.T. which stands for: Sad Lame Underutilized Talent....which happens to look good for us guys. They keep her.

So only Jesse Neal, Jethro Holiday (maybe), Shark Boy, Khan need to be fired.

New talent I would hire: Shawn Spears, Elijah Burke, Umaga, Mr. Kennedy...Anderson.

So to answer the topic of the thread: Yes, TNA has enough talent to put on a 2nd wrestling show. It might not be like Impact but any sort of show that is better than Xplosion is good enough.

TNA can't afford a second show. Right now, TNA is starting to scrape the 1. something on the ratings, and thats the type of rating's their main competition's C-Show pulls in.

I would like to see them have a second show, as it would start to give them a little elbow room to give the roster more exposure. But this is something that has, and can be done, let's say, a couple of more years from now when their ratings start to build.

It's all a matter of TNA having their ratings up to a point where they can review their position, and say "let's have another show 'cause people are starting to take notice."

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back