Bring Back TNA: X-Plosion

ABMorales787

Lord And Master
Staff member
Administrator
Lets face it. TNA has a packed roster. There is no way to showcase all of their talent in one night every week. According to Hogan, he wants to halt house shows until the stories on TV are all straight. The first step would be to fix the taping schedule to avoid inconsistency at House Shows (see Cardiff House Show results). Next would be establishing the new talent. Its a huge list. With one show a week it can take months before it all makes sense. Seeing as how iMPACT! is moving to Mondays permanently on March 1st, doesn't that leave the original Thursday slot available? Right now, Spike TV is on full support of TNA and TNA needs a second televised venue. Xplosion is showcased on YouTube and it used to be TNA's first US program. Why not bring it back? Well the name really shouldn't matter, but what should matter is the show's format. Should it be matches only? How about "Best of the House Shows"? Should it be like iMPACT! except its one hour? Or should it be like back in '03 and show 1 new match + iMPACT! highlights?

Thoughts?

How about this? Impact! can be the RAW, traveling city to city, showcasing all the main storylines, and TNA X-plosion being taped at the impact zone, they may have to rename it the TNA zone though. and have a couple matches plus recaps of all the main storylines from Impact!

thats just my opinion though, plus it would teach the asshole Crucial Crew type fans not to complain so much!

X0plosion I believe was still in the international markets since everytime I see a webmatch they callit an Xplosion exclusive. I for one would love to see it come back and maybe be put on Spike. Almost like WWF's Shotgun Saturday Night. Roster is a little packed and an extra hour wold be good to show some more talent.

As far as I know, TNA Xplosion still airs on the Fight Network (at least in Canada). But I do agree TNA needs a secondary show, however I believe that it may be too soon. It took WCW five years since Nitro's debut to debut Thunder and WWE also took five years to debut Sunday Night Heat and Smackdown. TNA may have the roster, but I just don't think it will be a good idea to have any new show with original content until they establish themselves in their new Monday night timeslot.

I think a second show would be nice but in the distant future. I agree with Hogan. They are gearing up to really take to Vince or give it thier best shot. They have alot to work on before doing this. The first live show was pretty badly done. The stories are just coming together. The young talent isnt interesting or over with a mainstream crowd yet.

I liked the idea of Impact being the show that travels on the road but really i think TNA has stuck themselves at the impact zone which is ok i guess. I have heard alot of people say that is thier selling point on going to TNA its a lighter travel schedule. The older guys dont want to be on the road all the time. WWE has a endless traveling circus. RVD said he wouldnt go be apart of that again. RVD's selling point to TNA would be light travel and work. Which is good. I dont mind watching the Impact Zone on thursdays anyway.

TNA either needs to get a B-Show or make a lot of releases. There is too many employees in that company to be able to contain them all on a single show, and I think something has to be done otherwise you are paying a lot of people to do nothing. I think TNA should begin with a web based show and move it to TV when they have a strong negotiation position with Spike. They could make it a bit like Superstars where there aren't really any feuds, but there are matches that people are interested in seeing.

I'm not sure a 2nd TV show would the route to take, but putting more than 1 webmatch out a week would help a ton. They can put mini-storylines on there, such as Lethal's Invitational, or a Knockout "midcard"-type fued.

Adding a 2nd show would water down the one already on, because you know it would be guys appearing on both, and stealing the main event away from guys that need the 2nd show to get their face on TV.

I think ultimately they need to focus on the one show. However, an interesting opportunity might be to play off of the re-branding of ECW to this next generation thing. Set up a second one-hour show featuring x-division and knockouts only directly competing with NXT or whatever they are going to call it. It would be a great way to show that the real next generation was TNA.

I think a 2nd show, one hour long may be beneficial.

If it were up to me it would concentrate on the tag, x-division and knockout matches. I think 3 matches per week, 1 each from those divisions and a re cap from the main talking points of Impact would make a decent show and allow more of the roster to get TV time.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back