Hey! "Where The Action Never Ends", Film Some House Show Matches

ABMorales787

Lord And Master
Staff member
Administrator
Just last Thursday, TNA announced their latest social media endeavor entitled "Where The Action Never Ends". Which basically means, wrestlers will be pitching in more videos and stuff in their off time. I'd be awed by the concept which is indeed interesting. If they hadn't been doing that already for a few years. Truth is they simply gave it a formal name and now the wrestlers get filmed doing random stuff. But like I said 3 sentences ago, it's nothing TNA hasn't done before. We do however know, how strained they can be at times with their televised wrestling. They just have 2 hours of TV a week and Xplosion just airs one new match.

Why not take this interesting concept and give it a real spin? TNA has on occasions filmed house show matches and showed them off. An episode of Reaction once showed off Kurt Angle vs Jeff Jarrett in one of these. Xplosion for a period had small house show matches to pad the show. They currently upload wrestlers appearing at said house shows. No full matches though. There was a time in wrestling where major things did happen at house shows. Title changes, major story advances. But not these days. Last time something of the sort occurred was when Rob Terry beat Eric Young for the Global title in the UK Tour. That was in early 2010. In 1994, Diesel defeated Bob Backlund for the WWE title in a house show.

Now such things happening would be considered dumb booking. If they weren't televised that is. But there's thing thing called Youtube now. And just like how TNA has it's entire PPV library in it, it also has a very and I mean VERY large catalog of matches in it too. Why not add house show matches to the mix? Then really give some meaning to this "Where The Action Never Ends" concept? We don't need the same fancy camera system used for Impact. It can be as basic as this:

[YOUTUBE]hGDAtB7FNG0[/YOUTUBE]

Man, that concept is going to bomb so hard it'll take down an entire Death Star.

Who the fuck is into wrestling (let alone TNA) so much that they follow all of this? My YouTube subscription page is already flooded with over 10 short videos of random wrestlers. I ain't watching more than two of those.

Most of them are supposed to be posted on the web, and TNA's YouTube channel is abysmal when it comes to views. They average 'round 15,000 per video, and I'm being generous.

It's a nice idea on paper but it's never going to work. Can we PLEEEEEEEEEASE start focusing on the show now? Ref cams, Action never ends, Open Fight Night, Gutcheck, Themed Shows, Triple Threats Only X-Division, Weight Limits ... I mean come on. It all bombed. You have good wrestlers, you have writers who could produce some good stuff. Focus on that.

Man, that concept is going to bomb so hard it'll take down an entire Death Star.

Who the fuck is into wrestling (let alone TNA) so much that they follow all of this? My YouTube subscription page is already flooded with over 10 short videos of random wrestlers. I ain't watching more than two of those.

Most of them are supposed to be posted on the web, and TNA's YouTube channel is abysmal when it comes to views. They average 'round 15,000 per video, and I'm being generous.

It's a nice idea on paper but it's never going to work. Can we PLEEEEEEEEEASE start focusing on the show now? Ref cams, Action never ends, Open Fight Night, Gutcheck, Themed Shows, Triple Threats Only X-Division, Weight Limits ... I mean come on. It all bombed. You have good wrestlers, you have writers who could produce some good stuff. Focus on that.

Sounds to me like my pitch would be more to your liking. These little videos of James Storm watching a football game and Jeff Hardy stuttering down the avenue don't add much. But popping onto Youtube and seeing for instance "Chris Sabin vs Manik for the X Division Championship at Winston Salem Live Event" would certainly nab a few views.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back