TNA Deal to be Announced Next Week?

Chrome

Getting Noticed By Management
This weeks Observer
-- The rumor and talk within TNA is that there may be a deal of some sort announced next week, of course, we've heard similar stories for months now.
http://www.f4wonline.com/more/more-...nt-monday-sting-tweet-tna-rumors-so-much-more

What channel do you guys think TNA will announce its moving to?

Personally I'm hoping or AMC to piggy back off of the Walking Dead might bring in more viewers. Heavens knows AMC promotes the heck out of stuff, thats what TNA needs badly.

Well one if this is true,then im happy for TNA to finally be able to reach a deal.. But they need viewers and serious viewers at that.. I am thinking its MTV it has to be.. They need a good time slot to where they will not interfere with such emmy award shows as Road Rules,Real World 100,000,Teen Mom 10 such shows as that.. But in all jokes aside,i think MTV is probably the landing point for TNA..

I dont think they will have too much competition on Wednesday nights at all.. They should be able to draw viewers rather easily.. I hope for the success of TNA

Who's to say it isn't SpikeTV? Dixie Carter has said to anyone who will listen that negotiations are still ongoing, and she's never been known to stretch the truth.

OK, sorry bout that. Hope no one was eating when they read that, wouldn't want a choking death on my hands. AMC just sounds.... completely out of profile with the rest of their lineup. That's a real longshot. I'm honestly curious as to what kind of a deal would be possible at this point. TNA's been putting on great wrestling matches recently, but that hasn't translated into viewers. You'd be looking at cable networks- outside of the Viacom family, people, so, no, not MTV- with gaps in their prime-time structure. TNA would be making *significantly* less on any deal, because right now they don't have any real leverage on their side to work out a better one than their Spike deal. Moving to a cable network with less distribution than Spike would simply be delaying the day they die; if the cable network can't reach the viewers, the viewers can't tune in. If it's some kind of internet distribution deal, they're done for as a high-production professional wrestling company; the math there just doesn't add up.

I can't think of any cable channels which have needs that TNA could fill right now- but that doesn't mean they don't exist at all. Regardless, TNA's possible next deal would pay them significantly less than their current deal. You won't see all those releases over the past year come streaming back into the company; the money won't be there. We'll see what happens. If you're interested in a lifeline that keeps TNA around another year, that's still quite in the realm of possibility. If you're looking for a company to bring back TNA in the form it was even a year ago, that ship has sailed.

I vaguely remember hearing someone mention something about Hulu, but I can't remember if it was somebody making a suggestion or if that was a legitimate potential landing spot for TNA post Spike.

It's going to be on WE because of Dixie Carter. WE will have a ton of people watching Lifetime movies after the show is over with.

I honestly wouldn't be surprised if they landed on TNT, since TNT is changing their regime. Who knows, maybe they miss the ratings WCW brought in so they'll try their hands at another company... *sigh* I can dream.

If not TNT then I would say WGN America. Keep in mind that they WANTED a wrestling show with WWE and only pulled out of Superstars due to lack of recognizable talent. TNA still has Bully Ray, Jeff Hardy, MVP, Kurt Angle, Tommy Dreamer, Matt Hardy, Bobby Lashley, and other for top guys from WWE.... guys that people will recognize. I think if TNA goes to WGN, then WGN will pour money into TNA like crazy!

Well one if this is true,then im happy for TNA to finally be able to reach a deal.. But they need viewers and serious viewers at that.. I am thinking its MTV it has to be.. They need a good time slot to where they will not interfere with such emmy award shows as Road Rules,Real World 100,000,Teen Mom 10 such shows as that.. But in all jokes aside,i think MTV is probably the landing point for TNA..

I dont think they will have too much competition on Wednesday nights at all.. They should be able to draw viewers rather easily.. I hope for the success of TNA

MTV is owned by Viacom which Spike is under so I doubt TNA will move to MTV remember MTV had a wrestling show Wrestling Society X and they pulled it off TV quick. WGN or Tru TV will make a good home to TNA or on Fox Sports.

I trust this is legit. I'm with Rayne on this. There's a possibility that TNA came to a new agreement with Spike. Outside of CBS Sports or maybe a Fox Sports affiliate I can't fathom another channel or network wanting TNA.

I honestly wouldn't be surprised if they landed on TNT, since TNT is changing their regime. Who knows, maybe they miss the ratings WCW brought in so they'll try their hands at another company... *sigh* I can dream.

If not TNT then I would say WGN America. Keep in mind that they WANTED a wrestling show with WWE and only pulled out of Superstars due to lack of recognizable talent. TNA still has Bully Ray, Jeff Hardy, MVP, Kurt Angle, Tommy Dreamer, Matt Hardy, Bobby Lashley, and other for top guys from WWE.... guys that people will recognize. I think if TNA goes to WGN, then WGN will pour money into TNA like crazy!

TNA on TNT could you imagine? It would be the second coming of WCW when you really think about it trust me when people look at TNA they see WCW 2.0

TNA is likely going to go away, because Spike isn't happy with the product they signed up for years back when the wrestling boom looked to still be around. Dixie and her buddies like Jarrett sold Spike a gold mine with nothing in it. Spike realizes this and is trying to either pull the plug or change the management. Of they stay on Spike, Dixie will probably give up some or all of her ownership rights. The show will become more cost effective and will start to go in yet another direction under new leadership.

If Impact goes to Velocity, expect more shows like the last few: hardcore matches featuring known WWE/ECW talents, debuting free agents and X-Division high flying. The problem will be if anyone tunes in on an unpopular network.

I think FXX would be a good home. Fox can support a wrestling company and their new network needs shows. Fox might even sign a big name or two. Still, I doubt TNA will last through 2015.

I'm not the only one who thinks TNA would be a tremendous fit for Adult Swim/Toonami am I? Seriously, TNA loves to talk about being the more adult wrestling alternative. What better place to be than around violent, insane shows? Just imagine Mike Tenay plugging the latest Aqua Teen or Attack On Titan. Instead of some MMA guy from Bellator, Steve Blum does guest commentary with Taz nagging him to quote Spike Spiegel or Starscream. Episode recaps and hype package voice overs done by Peter Cullen. Instead of Jersey Shore people we get Johnny Yong Bosch. Or Tim And Eric.

I'm totally being serious.

Reactions: WBL
This from TNAInsider, via The Wrestling Observer:

According to a new report by The Wrestling Observer Newsletter, TNA is set to announce a new home for Impact Wrestling possibly during tonight’s broadcast. Their report claims that TNA staying on SpikeTV is not scheduled to be announced.

Last we read/heard, there were multiple platforms in play here, including WGN America and Velocity, which is a sub-station of Discovery Networks.

Ill probably be one of those, yeah. Since Discovery has gone nuts over EY. Shame. I like really badly wanted TNA on Adult Swim. I believe it would be a better audience.

I think TNA needs to go on OWN, and we need to get Oprah in the ring.

But seriously, leaving Spike is going to be a huge problem, considering the deals they were trying to strike up with Bellator, etc. And Spike TV doesn't have a ton of original programming as well, mostly reruns of Cops and that one Bar Rescue show. I kind of see this as bad for both companies. Moreso for TNA, sure...

You IWC smarks no nothing about everything. Just wait for the real announcement from TNA.
The word is "know", the IWC is a contradiction in terms meant only as a strawman to attack people with opinions that disagree with you, and to know nothing about everything would imply that someone would first have to know about everything.

On that note.....

[youtube]VQFxmAdyKcg[/youtube]

I'm not the only one who thinks TNA would be a tremendous fit for Adult Swim/Toonami am I? Seriously, TNA loves to talk about being the more adult wrestling alternative. What better place to be than around violent, insane shows? Just imagine Mike Tenay plugging the latest Aqua Teen or Attack On Titan. Instead of some MMA guy from Bellator, Steve Blum does guest commentary with Taz nagging him to quote Spike Spiegel or Starscream. Episode recaps and hype package voice overs done by Peter Cullen. Instead of Jersey Shore people we get Johnny Yong Bosch. Or Tim And Eric.

I'm totally being serious.

I don't know about all that extra shit you said but TNA on Saturday nights from 10-12a as a lead in for Toonami would work great. It makes them seem like a more mature/adult alternative, and it grabs that young to adult male demographic that pro wrestling is built upon.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back