TNA Created Stars

AnthonyM4

Getting Noticed By Management
Robert Roode is now the longest reigning TNA champion in history so far. He wasn't a huge indy star like Styles, Joe, and Daniels before he came to TNA, so can we say that he is the one star TNA has created in its 10 year existence? The only other ones I can think of are James Storm and maybe The Motor City Machine Guns.

One star they could have created, but dropped the ball on, is Pope D'Angelo Dinero. Yeah he was in wwe before tna, but he used his real name and was really a mid-carder. This black pope gimmick was different and unique. Also he had a lot of momentum going after winning Against All Odds in 2010, but it was killed off when didn't win the title at the following lockdown.

Do you feel TNA created any stars other than the ones I mentioned in the first paragraph and who is one star from the past 10 years they could have created, but dropped the ball(in their typical fashion)?

That depends entirely on how you define a "star". If you're talking about a guy that has mass media appeal, who's name is known to both wrestling and non-wrestling fans alike, then the answer is no one, because wrestling, period, is just not at all where it was years ago when guys like Hogan, Nash, Savage, Hart, Austin, etc. were carving out their place in history.

If, however, you define a "star" as a performer who's managed to reach a major potential plateau within the company still attempting to carve it's place in the annals of history, then yes, TNA has created a glut of them, including but not limited to: Abyss, AJ Styles, Bobby Roode, James Storm, Samoa Joe, Christopher Daniels, etc. and are well on their way to creating a new crop of them including Austin Aries, Robbie E. (yes, Robbie E.), Magnus and potentially Crimson.

TNA is classic for dropping the ball on talent. They have guys that love TNA ( god knows why) since those guys are treated like dirt as soon as a new big name comes to the TNA roster. Joe, AJ, and Abyss should be the top card guys for TNA but Instead have been shuffled down to make room for the likes of Anderson, Sting, Hardy.

As for the definition of Star, I think that is simple. When you think of the great or important players. example of Bobby rhoode and James storm. Both TNA originals both are a staple in the company. When someone says hey name me some top wrestlers in TNA the names Storm and rhoode should always be on that list making them stars.

Here is an example outside of wrestling Los Angles dodgers will always be accosicated with Tommy Lasorda he was a good coach but not the best by far. Tim Tebow is a more recent name he is a star where ever he goes however he hasn't truly done anything in the NFl to prove himself worthy.

TNA is classic for dropping the ball on talent. They have guys that love TNA ( god knows why) since those guys are treated like dirt as soon as a new big name comes to the TNA roster. Joe, AJ, and Abyss should be the top card guys for TNA but Instead have been shuffled down to make room for the likes of Anderson, Sting, Hardy.

Those guys all had there time in the spotlight, can't keep flogging a dead horse with something that isn't doing a massive improvement for there vision of TNA, AJ for instance, he's not gonna get any bigger then he was when he was the TNA champion and everytime they have put the strap on him it's been a dud, he's better chasing a title or just putting on good matches, Samoa Joe hasn't been relevant in years. Christopher Daniels is all flash imo but that's me. They WERE a big thing when there was an XDivision and they were the lead stars playing off each other but at the main event level they all suck at doing anything other then being good in ring.

as for stars TNA created, well that's debatable but stars they put on there version of the global map would be atleast 50% of the roster over the years, guys/girls that would otherwise just be on the indy circuit only known by a small percent of the total market and not by people all over the world.

for that you "could" say anyone that hadn't worked in WCW or WWE were stars put on a global stage by TNA. as to whether you consider them superstars or not is entirely personal opinion.

TNA has dropped the ball numerous times on talent that came from WWE or the Indy Scenes. DiNero, Styles, Anderson, Abyss the list could go on and on. However I do like how far Roode has come and even if he never steps into a WWE ring, I like the guy and love the push that he's gotten.

AJ for instance, he's not gonna get any bigger then he was when he was the TNA champion and everytime they have put the strap on him it's been a dud, he's better chasing a title or just putting on good matches, Samoa Joe hasn't been relevant in years. Christopher Daniels is all flash imo but that's me. They WERE a big thing when there was an XDivision and they were the lead stars playing off each other but at the main event level they all suck at doing anything other then being good in ring

That is so true it's amazing! How TNA never realised years ago that AJ is an upper-midcard stepping stone, much like Chris Benoit, I'll never know. He's the guy we all want to see do well but never really want to see him reach the top :p I can't take Christopher Daniels seriously, don't know why though :p

Back on topic I honestly don't think TNA has managed to make a single 'star' in their entire 10 year existence! Where's the Goldbergs & Stings? The Austins, HHH's & Undertakers? Their nowhere! That's not wholly TNA's fault because most guys would probably rather be in WWE where the big money is, not working with a bunch of washed-up has beens who just want to wrestle as little as possible while getting paid as much as possible for it!

Joe could have & probably should have been the biggest thing TNA ever made! He came ready made with the whole package of great gimmick and top in-ring skills. On the stick I'm not so sure but throw him a manager (much like WWE did with Heyman & Lesnar) and you've got your stand-out star! I'm really struggling to think of anyone else though! James Storm handled properly could possibly become one and Bully Ray could become a stand-out main-eventer but he was technically already an established star when he joined TNA.

Wow, that's pretty sad. 10 years in business & not one single solitary person stands out! They have made some names bigger than they were with the IWC before they joined TNA but that's mostly just down to the fact guys like Aries, Joe, Daniels, AJ, Sabin etc were gettin TV time to display the skills people who followed the indy circuit already knew they had! Anyone remember the time before Joe & Aries were in TNA? Aries defeated Joe to end his near 2 year reign as ROH champ in 2004 and during Joes reign he defeated both CM Punk & Bryan Danielson and where are those 2 guys now?

Maybe it is all TNA's fault after all :p

Why do people still go on about this? Sting has been appearing in TNA for 9 years now and he was the marque name that Spike insisted on when they gave TNA their television deal. Both Hardy and Anderson where given HUGE pushes in the WWe and, as such, were also brought in as marque names - that both are still in their mid thirties and should have the best part of a decade to contribute is a bonus. Was Kurt Angle a bad acquisition? Was 3D? Christian Cage? The fact that there has been some dodgy creative over the years does not detract from the fact that hiring these guys was sound business procedure.

As for TNA Created Stars - look at the British Impact tour; AJ, Storm, Roode and Joe were massively over. Not bad for a country were the five most famous wrestlers are Big Daddy, Giant Haystacks, Kendo Nagasaki, Mick McManus and Hulk Hogan.

Look at last couple weeks Impact - Robert Roode's dominance is still the major storyline and no matter how big a 'name' his opponent is, everyone knows his main adversary is James Storm; the secondary plot revolves around TNA alumni Styles, Daniels and Kazarian; A Double's star is still ascending; Joe has been featured heavily - first through his partnership with Magnus and then in his bout with Kurt, now he is going to feature with Aries; even the Knockouts Belt has revolved around Gail's (okay, exWWe but still the original KO gal) feud with Brooke and Velvet to the extent some people have questioned if Mickie still has a role in the company. What role did Hardy, Anderson and RVD fulfill in last weeks historic episode? They were poll options to take on Devon for the TV Belt (still think RVD should have won though:p).

Whether people regard the 'TNA Originals' as stars is to their own perspective but give credit were it is due - for the last half year, it has featured it's own guys very VERY prominently.

Why do people still go on about this? Sting has been appearing in TNA for 9 years now

9 Years and who has he helped to get over? lol

Not bad for a country were the five most famous wrestlers are Big Daddy, Giant Haystacks, Kendo Nagasaki, Mick McManus and Hulk Hogan

British Bulldog, Dynamite Kid, Steven/William Regal, Fit Finlay, Sheamus (if you include Ireland which is technically in the UK) and that's not even mentioning Robbie Brookside, Jody Flash/Fleisch or Jonny Storm!

What role did Hardy, Anderson and RVD fulfill in last weeks historic episode? They were poll options to take on Devon for the TV Belt (still think RVD should have won though:p)

That's not exactly a good thing though is it? All that ex-WWE talent who are established names within the industry and what are they doing for TNA? Nothing! Giving up-and-comers some rub? No! Yes it's just one episode of Impact! but that's been half their problem for 10 years... under-utilising their talent and a strategic plan for development.

There have been plenty of TNA grown stars.

Besides the obvious ones which have already been listed, how can we forget Eric Young, Shark Boy, Curry Man, and even CODY DEANER??!!

As far as dropping the ball, I'd have to say Pope. I am, by no means, a huge Pope fan. I thought he was good on the mic for his character, and his character was pretty cool, but in-ring I thought he was more half-assing than applying himself. Almost like he could be better, but chose not to.

I kind of think they dropped the ball on Crimson, too. I mean, there's still time, but I actually liked the guy at first. But now I don't really care if he's on tv or not. Shame, too, because the kid's got a good look. He just needs worked with but it seems like nobody wants to see him get to that next level in his game.

That's about all I've got.

If he had turned TNA down, they wouldn't have gotten the TV deal and without TV, would most likely have gone under - so, the whole promotion. Individually he has put over Abyss, AJ, Joe and Roode.

British Bulldog, Dynamite Kid, Steven/William Regal, Fit Finlay, Sheamus (if you include Ireland which is technically in the UK) and that's not even mentioning Robbie Brookside, Jody Flash/Fleisch or Jonny Storm!

First off, Ireland is not in the UK, it is part of the British Isles. Secondly, to Joe Smoe these names mean nothing. The names you mention here were not household in their stint on ITV and were never top of the American feds either. Fleish and Storm aren't even that famous now, they'd be on the level of a Roderick Storm or Davey Richards if they're lucky.

That's not exactly a good thing though is it? All that ex-WWE talent who are established names within the industry and what are they doing for TNA? Nothing! Giving up-and-comers some rub? No! Yes it's just one episode of Impact! but that's been half their problem for 10 years... under-utilising their talent and a strategic plan for development.

Hold on, make your minds up - do you want the homegrown guys pushed or the established WWe guys? When Hardy's getting pushed, it's what about AJ? When it's Roode getting pushed, it's what about Anderson? Yet again, TNA can't do right for doing wrong!

Roode has built his reign on beating both the originals and the 'blow ins'. Both he and Storm have been elevated; Bully Ray is the hottest he has been in his career; they have found a way to generate interest in Abyss when everyone had written the character off; Joe appears to be moving in the right direction as well. The only downside I see in TNA presently is the nepotism that has crept in, but that has happened in every company since the business began and usually sorts itself out.

DarkFlame said:

Are you trying to allude that Sting does not help TNA? Him coming to the company period was a big stamp of approval and put the entire company over.

So #1 him being the first marquee player to come to TNA gave the company a nod and credibility. So that put over TNA as an entire promotion.

#2. Sting has wrestled Abyss in a number of hardcore matches and put him over.

#3 Sting has jobbed and laid down for Pacman Jones when TNA told him to

#4 Sting lied down for Samoa Joe, Ken Anderson, put over AJ Styles on TNA's biggest stage at BFG, put over RVD on a number of occasions, put over Roode and has constantly put over Hardy on the mic, and more

#5 Sting took a risk for the company and reinvented himself as Joker Sting.

Stop it

DarkFlame said:

Wait when WWE stars come over to TNA and are treated like main eventers and are at the top, it's the same fans like you saying how TNA is putting over WWE rejects over TNA guys and are burying their homegrown talent. And now that TNA lets them take a backseat a little bit, they're "underutilized". I swear, TNA is in a lose/lose situation with you fans no matter what they do.

Ireland is not in the UK, it is part of the British Isles

My mis-informed mind :p I did suck at geography at school though, I only found out where Afghanistan was the other day :p

Hold on, make your minds up - do you want the homegrown guys pushed or the established WWe guys? When Hardy's getting pushed, it's what about AJ? When it's Roode getting pushed, it's what about Anderson? Yet again, TNA can't do right for doing wrong!

I'm not saying they should push Anderson, just that they don't ever utilise guys like those I mentioned properly. Guys like Anderson for example float about in the midcard crush and then suddenly get thrown to the main event then dropped again and TNA scratches it's head wondering why he's not over or their last PPV bombed or why the person he just lost to isn't more over.

As an example, they could team Hardy with Anderson and have them run together for a while as a team, challenge for the titles at some point then split and feud. It keeps them looking competitive, allows them to give some other teams a bit of a rub, then leaves the door open for a split and feud after however many months. I know that's a gimmick that's been used time & time again in wrestling but it works and if done well everyone benefits from it.

The way TNA always comes across to me is that it's got so many people on it's roster it can't ever decide what to do with them all so they just randomly pick names out of a hat to book the matches for that particular taping. It's like watching Lionel Messi trying to play football blindfolded. All the talent in the world but no idea what direction he's going. Just my opinion though :)

My mis-informed mind :p I did suck at geography at school though, I only found out where Afghanistan was the other day :p

S'ok, not the first time it's been posted and I'll set my watch and warrant it'll not be the last.

I'm not saying they should push Anderson, just that they don't ever utilise guys like those I mentioned properly. Guys like Anderson for example float about in the midcard crush and then suddenly get thrown to the main event then dropped again and TNA scratches it's head wondering why he's not over or their last PPV bombed or why the person he just lost to isn't more over.

As an example, they could team Hardy with Anderson and have them run together for a while as a team, challenge for the titles at some point then split and feud. It keeps them looking competitive, allows them to give some other teams a bit of a rub, then leaves the door open for a split and feud after however many months. I know that's a gimmick that's been used time & time again in wrestling but it works and if done well everyone benefits from it.

The problem they have is that they have a stacked roster and they have to find ways to keep everyone relevant. Jeff and Ken have done the tag team / break up and feud gag before so that would probably garner much derision if they ran it again. Given that they have found niches for his luminaries in Bully and Abyss, I still remain positive that Ken has good times ahead.

The way TNA always comes across to me is that it's got so many people on it's roster it can't ever decide what to do with them all so they just randomly pick names out of a hat to book the matches for that particular taping. It's like watching Lionel Messi trying to play football blindfolded. All the talent in the world but no idea what direction he's going. Just my opinion though :)

It's a tricky thing to balance though, you need a good size roster otherwise the main event scene feels repetitive (look at how the RAW and SmackDown rosters mix and match to avoid this very thing).

Like I said earlier, I feel that they have made a much more concerted effort to keep the bigger names more relevant in the last half year and, should it happen, the BFG series should create a reasonable term solution to keeping several of the potential headliners in a meaningful run.

This thread asks if TNA has created any stars - look at the biggest fish in the grapple game. I know that there are many fans of Punk on here but looking at the current WWe programming, the only thing that indicates that he is above the midcard is that he wears the WWe Belt - without that, he is just another guy feuding with other midcarders under the main eventer Cena. Among the TNA faithful, you'll struggle to find one wrestler who everyone regards as the number one - there will be the AJ supporters, Joe's die hards, Angle adorers, Sting faithful, Roode fanboys etc. It may be a case of 'too many cooks' but, I'd argue, that is still better than a one or two man ship - after all the Attitude Era was built on the backs of several guys too.

Those guys all had there time in the spotlight, can't keep flogging a dead horse with something that isn't doing a massive improvement for there vision of TNA, AJ for instance, he's not gonna get any bigger then he was when he was the TNA champion and everytime they have put the strap on him it's been a dud, he's better chasing a title or just putting on good matches, Samoa Joe hasn't been relevant in years. Christopher Daniels is all flash imo but that's me. They WERE a big thing when there was an XDivision and they were the lead stars playing off each other but at the main event level they all suck at doing anything other then being good in ring.

As for your Joe your right 100% I personally have never found Joe appealing as a star in any format. Aj on the other hand still could make a go at it but I am betting he is turning it down and getting himself ready for the Jump to WWE. Why because the bookers at TNA have their head so far each other nether regions they can't see the light of day. You don't understand here let me give you ANY AND ALL TNA CHAMPION STORIES....

Wrestler 1: Current Champion heel goes to the ring for weeks taunting wrestler 2 the babyface to come out. wrestler 1 find friends to jump wrestler 2 or does it himself. finally the PPV comes and the babyface wins giving the crowd that warm cuddly feeling ( like the marks they are) following week Babyface Wrestler 2 turn heel and now new babyface wrestler 3 comes out. Now you rinse and repeat with different players until all your fans have left and you look like a pile of crap.

Oh I am liar? Anderson, Bubba ray, Sting, Angle, Rhoode, Hardy the list goes on and on and on. TNA is a Joke and will remain that way until they can figure out how to maintain a face champion.

"hey TNA try this make 2 championship titles and have one face and one heel title". ( yes I know this a moronic Idea, but so is Crimson aka goldberg, Breaking up your best Tag team because the wwe doesn't have one, Using a old worn out Devon to be the guy who is on TV everyday) ( TV title is the European title of TNA and young up and coming talent need to wear it)

Now I must stop I could go on for years about the failing of TNA. And it will go under give it another 5 years.

As for your Joe your right 100% I personally have never found Joe appealing as a star in any format. Aj on the other hand still could make a go at it but I am betting he is turning it down and getting himself ready for the Jump to WWE. Why because the bookers at TNA have their head so far each other nether regions they can't see the light of day. You don't understand here let me give you ANY AND ALL TNA CHAMPION STORIES....

Wrestler 1: Current Champion heel goes to the ring for weeks taunting wrestler 2 the babyface to come out. wrestler 1 find friends to jump wrestler 2 or does it himself. finally the PPV comes and the babyface wins giving the crowd that warm cuddly feeling ( like the marks they are) following week Babyface Wrestler 2 turn heel and now new babyface wrestler 3 comes out. Now you rinse and repeat with different players until all your fans have left and you look like a pile of crap.

Oh I am liar? Anderson, Bubba ray, Sting, Angle, Rhoode, Hardy the list goes on and on and on. TNA is a Joke and will remain that way until they can figure out how to maintain a face champion.

Erm, Sting was a face for his entire run last year... and is still. Bully Ray has not held the title. Roode has held the title for several months now - where's that warm cuddly feeling you're talking about?

Oh yeah, AJ's going no-where, why would he leave a lighter schedule and lucrative contract to bulk up a proposed cruiserweight division or join the already stacked WWe midcard?

"hey TNA try this make 2 championship titles and have one face and one heel title". ( yes I know this a moronic Idea, but so is Crimson aka goldberg, Breaking up your best Tag team because the wwe doesn't have one, Using a old worn out Devon to be the guy who is on TV everyday) ( TV title is the European title of TNA and young up and coming talent need to wear it)

Now I must stop I could go on for years about the failing of TNA. And it will go under give it another 5 years.

Ah, the old 'TNA'll go under in 5 years' staple - how I've missed thee! So an organisation that has just expanded into a whole new territory is on the brink of collapse then?:rolleyes:

Crimson is a bad concept? Quick, tell Ryback!

Breaking up your best tag team to create the most talked about championship reign in the history of the organisation? Yup, that was stupid!

Whether you like Devon or not, he is very over with live crowds and it'll mean more when he is defeated if he has a legitimate reign in the first place... or maybe you felt Robbie E's reign was elevating enough.

As far as mega stars anywhere close to a level of an Hogan, Savage, Flair, Austin, Rock, Cena, Punk, etc. the answer is nobody. TNA's been around for a decade and much of that time, at least since they've been on Spike, has been devoted to bringing in already established names instead of creating their own significant stars.

Are there/have there been stars on the TNA roster with stars meaning guys that've been worth watching even if they haven't been big draws? Sure, there've been plenty of those like AJ Styles, Austin Aries, Bobby Roode, James Storm, Chrisopher Daniels, Samoa Joe, MCMGs, Matt Morgan, etc.

If by stars you mean are there any among the TNA created stars that would be a blow to TNA if they left? Not really. There'd be some fans disappointed if someone like AJ Styles, Roode, Storm and some others left. Some are disappointed that Shelley is gone and there are strong rumors that Sabin is soon to follow. However, would the loss of any of these wrestlers really affect TNA as far as viewership goes? I doubt it because, generally speaking, nobody in TNA is really a significant draw. Wrestling has peaks and valleys, with both TNA & WWE experiencing the summer doldrums right now that's leading to below average ratings for each. Even during times when the ratings for TNA are at normal levels, normal for them is still in the very, very low 1s.

While I don't consider myself big TNA supporter we all want deny they have created some stars but Im gonna take this in another direction and say if not for TNA we wouldn't have R Truth, Christian, or Jeff Hardy. Yes Hardy and Christian had successful careers before TNA but not as singles competitors and the casual fan has no clue that R Truth was once K Qwik. TNA made these guys champions and did WWE a big favor by developing them into much bigger characters then they would've even been had they said in WWE.

Firstly, the northern part of ireland, is in the UK,
Secondly, to who are any off those older wrestlers the most famous? people in the united kindom? i think if u asked most wrestling fans, youd get diffrent answers, if u asked most non wrestling fans, about from haystacks, your answers would differ, mostly circa WCW-WWF stars,

TNA has a huge following in the UK, partly because its on Freeview were as WWE is on Sky Sports,

TNA has Bobby, who is there impact player, there marque name, but he isnt a superstar, hes not a household name, Hogan, Rock, Stone Cold, Cena, are stars, there knowen outside of wrestling, because of wrestling, TNA dosnt have the marketing to make stars, there TV adds in the UK rearly show B.R,Storm,AJ. normaly its Hogan,Kurt,Hardy that i see, and in the UK challenge dosnt show adds on many other networks, only Comendy Central iv ever seen one on, were as WWE has adds on 60% of skys channels

You need big names on your roster, just the way it is. Problem is TNA is wasting money on the wrong ones. No company anywhere is going to do jack shit with "home grown talent" alone because most people have no idea who they are and without a big name to draw them in, they don't care.

TNA has Bobby, who is there impact player, there marque name, but he isnt a superstar, hes not a household name, Hogan, Rock, Stone Cold, Cena, are stars, there knowen outside of wrestling, because of wrestling, TNA dosnt have the marketing to make stars, there TV adds in the UK rearly show B.R,Storm,AJ. normaly its Hogan,Kurt,Hardy that i see, and in the UK challenge dosnt show adds on many other networks, only Comendy Central iv ever seen one on, were as WWE has adds on 60% of skys channels

Do not agree with Cena at all being on the same level of fame as Hogan Rock and Austin, is he known outside of wrestling? He is not a household name in my opinion.

I'm not someone who tries to remember the advertising but the stuff I have seen at one time or another featured AJ, Joe, Velvet, Storm and Hogan. I even remember one focused on Abyss lol.

And I've only ever seen WWE advertised on its own channel, Sky Sports, and only for PPV's.

Do not agree with Cena at all being on the same level of fame as Hogan Rock and Austin, is he known outside of wrestling? He is not a household name in my opinion.

You completely took the words out of my mouth! I could ask my mom, my wife, my sister, my dad, my uncle, my co-workers and any other non-wrestling fan if they know who John Cena is and the overwhelming answer would be NO!

The WWE hasn't had a household name since The Rock and Stone Cold. The only household name they have associated with their company right now is Vince McMahon. That is probably why we will see him this Monday... because in his mind VINCE = RATINGS!

Erm, Sting was a face for his entire run last year...
Wow His entire 108 day run little over three months and he got to stay a face. 1 out of 5 or 6 doesn't seem like a trend to you?

Roode has held the title for several months now - where's that warm cuddly feeling you're talking about?

It never came because TNA fans are such hypocrites and D-baggy that when Beer money used a beer to win it is cheered and praised but when roode does it alone it is hated.

Oh yeah, AJ's going no-where, why would he leave a lighter schedule and lucrative contract to bulk up a proposed cruiserweight division or join the already stacked WWe midcard?

Well personally I think AJ has more talent then being a mid card talent but now we can see where most of TNA thinks AJ belongs. But why go, the chance at greatness, AJ has a huge skill set and could be top talent if used right. But maybe your right he does get a light schedule AJ vs Daniels for the next 5 years good fun. Nothing like watching the same match over and over and over...just sell and Aj and daniels DVD then they can both retire.

Crimson is a bad concept? Quick, tell Ryback!

Ryback is a bad concept too, However Ryback is squashing who? exactly nobody you will remember, Crimson well he gets to dominate the TNA roster. and Undefeated wrestler since 2010 but gets no title shot 2 years no losses but still no world title shot. Come back in two years if ryback is undefeated ( won't happen) and tell me about his lack of titles.

Breaking up your best tag team to create the most talked about championship reign in the history of the organisation? Yup, that was stupid!

Most talked about title reign in a 10 year span wow now that is something to write home about, oh wait that title wasn't even brought in until 2007, some lets trim the fat and 6 years. really most talked about. it was in 2009 when Aj was the most talked about. They only reason you think that is because "longest regin is crammed down the throats impact over and over again. But at least when I see roode I think TNA champ, unlike CM punk where I think....Oh crap that is who is the champ....the thing...clobberin time.

Whether you like Devon or not, he is very over with live crowds and it'll mean more when he is defeated if he has a legitimate reign in the first place... or maybe you felt Robbie E's reign was elevating enough.

He will get defeated by Robbie E and the title will once again lose it's grace, Devon shouldn't have it because it is a booster for young talent, Robbie E shouldn't have it because Jersey shore is no longer a popular TV show, Maybe they should do a character like Captain America...the avengers are big right now.

You completely took the words out of my mouth! I could ask my mom, my wife, my sister, my dad, my uncle, my co-workers and any other non-wrestling fan if they know who John Cena is and the overwhelming answer would be NO!

The WWE hasn't had a household name since The Rock and Stone Cold. The only household name they have associated with their company right now is Vince McMahon. That is probably why we will see him this Monday... because in his mind VINCE = RATINGS!

I have actually tried this and here are the names that people know of, Now these are wrestling haters or just people who think it is stupid in general.

1. Hulk Hogan
2. Vince McMahon
3. The Rock
4. Rey Misterio ( some of my wife's family is from mexico )
5. Undertaker ( However they call him the guy in all black who is dead or something)

They haven't made one star in their company. They don't have a household name, a top guy, a person people pay to see. The only guys that you can call a "star" in TNA are people that have been built up and established in other companies. TNA has been around for a decade and have not one homegrown star.

Now I know there's people out there who think that somehow AJ Styles is the face of TNA and is a big star for TNA when in reality he doesn't draw ratings, buyrates, or ticket sales. A top star is a guy who is a household name and a guy who can bring in fans for a wrestling company. I highly doubt people got to TNA shows just to see AJ Styles.

Yeah, maybe in the future they may have a star that they built from the ground up. But, right now they have zero stars they built in TNA.

While I don't consider myself big TNA supporter we all want deny they have created some stars but Im gonna take this in another direction and say if not for TNA we wouldn't have R Truth, Christian, or Jeff Hardy. Yes Hardy and Christian had successful careers before TNA but not as singles competitors and the casual fan has no clue that R Truth was once K Qwik. TNA made these guys champions and did WWE a big favor by developing them into much bigger characters then they would've even been had they said in WWE.

sorry but you are wrong, Christian was a multi time singles champ during the attitude era and already a WWE universe household name, well b4 he ever went to TNA, sure he wasn't the world champ but neither should he be, he's not a big star and never will be, Edge was the star of that team, Christian is and always will be the people's 2nd tier champ nothing more. TNA did make him believable but even they screwed him over soon after giving him the title which is why he went back to WWE.

Jeff Hardy was also building his singles career in WWE well b4 he left to goto TNA, TNA did jack shit with him other then the title for 2 seconds, much like Christian he left again citing TNA sucked, he returned to WWE they did all they could to push him as the face of the company and once "again" he fled when he was likely to fail Wellness Policy yet again..

as for R-Truth, well i did see him when he went to TNA and it was nothing special, then again he has never been relevant other then one or two flashy moves, and the only reason WWE keeps him where's he's at is the kids lap it up and possibly a race thing.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back