Things I Don't Understand

Really? I find annoying just hearing a lady go over the highlights hey. To me it just sounds out of place. Must be just me though.

Well, it's understandable. It's definitely fairly uncharted territory and I can get why it would be weird. For the last...forever...it's been all male commentary in all male sports. The only time you ever saw women was if they were A) Hot and B) Doing something unimportant on the sidelines. I don't fault you for not liking it, it doesn't make you some sexist jerk or whatever. Me, personally, I like that they're giving the opportunity to anybody. Maybe there are some really phenomenal female play by play commentators out there, who knows.

Well, it's understandable. It's definitely fairly uncharted territory and I can get why it would be weird. For the last...forever...it's been all male commentary in all male sports. The only time you ever saw women was if they were A) Hot and B) Doing something unimportant on the sidelines. I don't fault you for not liking it, it doesn't make you some sexist jerk or whatever. Me, personally, I like that they're giving the opportunity to anybody. Maybe there are some really phenomenal female play by play commentators out there, who knows.

I guess it just puts me off because they sound like they know whats happening and what should happen. Like the ones of the sidelines are cool I don't mind them. But just the main ones. However lets say if a girl from the WNBA came over to commentate for the NBA I would be cool with that.

The way you said it though does make sense. It would definately be highly unfair if they weren't atleast to get a gig because for all we know they could be one of the best commentators to ever grace the Earth.

The title of this thread is so vague the topic could be limitless. Politics, religion, science, technology, sex, yo-yos, pop culture, law, finances, I could go on and on. This thread isn’t about one specific topic though but rather my observations of human behavior in daily life. I assure you it will really be quite meaningless. I guess you could say it is Seinfeld-esque. I might post in it daily, multiple times a day, randomly, or I may forget about it immediately and the thread will die after tonight. Anyway, here’s my first random thought.

Why do people answer their phones when they are not available to talk? This happens all the time and I have two specific examples that I witnessed this week. A few days ago I was in a meeting for work. Somebody’s phone rang and he quietly answered immediately saying “I’m in a meeting. Can I call you back?” Yesterday I called my friend who was at work. He answered by saying “Hold on a second.” He then proceeded to finish up what he was doing while I listened to the background noise before hanging up after about a minute. Why did either of these people answer their phones in the first place? They were both clearly busy with other things. Why not ignore the call and return it when available to talk? Not to mention they both have voicemail. I just don’t get it. A ringing phone does not have to be answered.
I think it's because some people get an irrational anger when their calls/texts aren't answered right away, because they think whoever they're trying to contact is just ignoring them.

I don't even answer the phone when I AM available, because I don't give a shit about other people.

I don't understand why people ask you to call them via text when they could have simply dialed your number or found you in their contacts and called you straight away.

Барбоса;3636375 said:
I do not understand why people feel the need to reverse into a parking space.

Reversing into a space is far more problematic than reversing out of one.

Speaking of parking spaces, why do people wait for someone to vacate a parking space when there is an empty one a few spaces away? The amount of time they wait for the space to be vacated is usually more than the amount of time it would take them to walk from the further space. People act like getting a close parking space is some sort of accomplishment.

Speaking of parking spaces, why do people wait for someone to vacate a parking space when there is an empty one a few spaces away? The amount of time they wait for the space to be vacated is usually more than the amount of time it would take them to walk from the further space. People act like getting a close parking space is some sort of accomplishment.

That's why I sometimes double park just to piss people off. Although I reeeeeeeeeeeeeeeally hate it when people park their cycles in designated car parking. They have their own parking dammit!

Because those extra 20 steps they have to take are EXHAUSTING.

I don't understand why people ask you to call them via text when they could have simply dialed your number or found you in their contacts and called you straight away.

free texts but not minutes?

I don't get people's obsessions with iPhone games.

Sure, they're fun when you have nothing else to do, but the people who sit there for hours and play that shit...

The title of this thread is so vague the topic could be limitless. Politics, religion, science, technology, sex, yo-yos, pop culture, law, finances, I could go on and on. This thread isn’t about one specific topic though but rather my observations of human behavior in daily life. I assure you it will really be quite meaningless. I guess you could say it is Seinfeld-esque. I might post in it daily, multiple times a day, randomly, or I may forget about it immediately and the thread will die after tonight. Anyway, here’s my first random thought.

Why do people answer their phones when they are not available to talk? This happens all the time and I have two specific examples that I witnessed this week. A few days ago I was in a meeting for work. Somebody’s phone rang and he quietly answered immediately saying “I’m in a meeting. Can I call you back?” Yesterday I called my friend who was at work. He answered by saying “Hold on a second.” He then proceeded to finish up what he was doing while I listened to the background noise before hanging up after about a minute. Why did either of these people answer their phones in the first place? They were both clearly busy with other things. Why not ignore the call and return it when available to talk? Not to mention they both have voicemail. I just don’t get it. A ringing phone does not have to be answered.

Because a ringing phone can be annoying, it means that you can make sure they don't continue to be a pain in the arse by continuing to ring at an inappropriate time, and finally it means that the person calling knows that they do in fact want to talk, just at a better time. It's the phone equivalent to when you're talking to someone in your office when someone else walks in telling them that you'll speak to them in a moment.

I don't understand why books from the bookstore at my college are so expensive. I went down the street to a different one and got all the books I needed for the price of one from the school's bookstore.

Why do people care more about informing others of what they are doing than actually enjoy what they are doing? I remember a few months ago someone constantly updating their facebook status during a family reunion. Reading the status updates he seemed to be having the time of his life. “I haven’t seen these people in years. This is great.” I can’t believe it’s been so long. I wish I could see them more often.” These updates were taking place during, not after, the reunion. If he was having such a great time why didn’t he put the phone down and enjoy the moment instead of updating everyone else on it? If I was truly enjoying myself somewhere I would be caught up in it enough where facebook would be nowhere near my thoughts. If I was his family I’d be a little offended that he was constantly going to the phone to update facebook while we were trying to get reacquainted.

Someone is driving in the left lane when he approaches and intersection where he realizes he is supposed to turn right. He stops and disrupts traffic to work his way to the right. Why? Why not just continue straight and safely turn around at the next available place? It’s not like there is only one chance to make that turn and if it’s missed you’re out of luck.

Someone is driving in the left lane when he approaches and intersection where he realizes he is supposed to turn right. He stops and disrupts traffic to work his way to the right. Why? Why not just continue straight and safely turn around at the next available place? It’s not like there is only one chance to make that turn and if it’s missed you’re out of luck.

^^ This. This happened to me on a highway. Guy is in the left lane and he wants to make an exit. he cuts off 2 people to make the exit. WHAT THE FUCK!

Yeah I stopped reading that immediately after the following statement:

"Celebrating the death of somebody you disagreed with pretty much makes you a dick."​

At which point I was reminded of America's collective reaction to the death of Osama Bin Laden, and had to go and lie down.

Besides, people need to stop being so damn sensitive about bigotry and prejudice.

Back to the OP, if I can't take a call, I'll put my phone on silent, no sense wasting somebody's call time for nothing. People answering and making you wait indefinitely can just fuck right off.

^^ This. This happened to me on a highway. Guy is in the left lane and he wants to make an exit. he cuts off 2 people to make the exit. WHAT THE FUCK!

There's just no excuse for that shit.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back