Things I Don't Understand

Im guilty of answering my phone when im busy just to tell them ill call them back later, mainly because if i don't answer the first time they just keep calling until i answer. People in Ireland don't tend to leave voicemails at all.
Getting a missed call on your phone and it's a private number now that's a bitch!

I've found myself answering while at work putting things away on the floors. Usually when my mom calls. Why? Not sure exactly. Frustration that she is calling instead of texting maybe.

LOL

I always answer when my mom calls me since she has yet to sign on to texting with her phone plan. My dad does it, my aunts, uncles, but still my mom won't give in. It is so easy and she just doesn't want to do it.

I just don't like phones I guess. I would rather use a cup and string to talk to people. It'd be easier to cut the line when fed up with whoever I am talking too.

I don't understand how so many people my age can be in such steep credit card debt. Did their parents not bring them up right? Do they need to go out every single day for breakfast, lunch, and dinner and then go out for drinks a couple times a week? The inability of people my age to realize how things add up strikes me as bizarre.

I don't understand how so many people my age can be in such steep credit card debt. Did their parents not bring them up right? Do they need to go out every single day for breakfast, lunch, and dinner and then go out for drinks a couple times a week? The inability of people my age to realize how things add up strikes me as bizarre.

I’m with you Coco. I’m not sure what your age is; I’m guessing mid 20s. I just don’t get it. People live their lives like there are no consequences. They think a credit card is a magical device that just gives them whatever they want. I can honestly say I have never had one penny of credit card debt. A lot of young people just think they are entitled to whatever they want.

When I was a little kid I used to collect He-Man stickers to try to complete a sticker book. A pack of stickers was 50 cents at the checkout line at the grocery store. Every time we went I would ask my mom for a pack. Sometimes I got them but most of the time I did not. I wondered why she would say no to a 50 cent item that I wanted so badly. She was already spending $200 on groceries. What’s an extra 50 cents? Years later I realized it had nothing to do with the 50 cents. She was putting in my head at a young age that you don’t get something just because you want it. I thank her for that lesson now and wish more parents would use it on their kids today instead of giving them everything for no reason.

Cracked sucks when it tries to tackle important stuff.

Anyway, here's something I don't understand: business and economics. I'm 18 with an A-level in Politics, I should know what the stock market does. Or what a share is. Or even how taxes fucking work. But alas, I don't.

I'm roughly equivalent on the American side and I haven't got a clue, either.

That's a good point Brain people tend to be more wasteful when everything is just given to them on a plate. I got my part time job at 14 and was earning less then the minimum wage(and still do). Whenever it came to spending it because i had worked hard for it i always asked myself weather i really needed what i was thinking of getting.
Ive seen some guys get really stupid when given money though, at my graduation two years ago one guy had has mum's credit card and bought himself a tray full of shots of vodka and just went around downing them one after another. In college ive seen guys repeatedly go to the atm in the off chance that there might be money in their account despite it being empty 2 hours ago when they last checked it.

Does this mean that in 10 years time, people will head out to places like Singapore, India, Brazil to earn a better living than in the UK or US?

I don't understand it when someone leaves me a voice message and all they say is this:

"Hey, this is (insert name of caller). I'll try you on your house phone. But you can call me back here. Bye."

I would have gathered all of that information without you leaving me a pointless voice mail message. I would have saw that you called, and would have called you back to see what you wanted. If you leave important information over the message, that's fine. I just can't stand it when people just say to call them back.

I don't understand plenty of things;

Like why weed is illegal (in most countries) but people can still drink alcohol which is proven to be worse.

Why Australia day has to be called Citezen day now because of the people living in our country, even though IT'S AUSTRALIA!

And why Basketballers/Footballers/Soccer players have to run long distances (like 5kms) time trials when they would never run that far without a break in a game and short distance training would be most benefitted. Like fair enough it's good to get fit but 5k time trials is ridiculous. Plenty of better ways to get fit.

Edit: Also girl commentators. I'm not trying to be sexist here but if you heard a woman commentator doing the NBA it just sounds wrong, fair enough for WNBA but when it comes to AFL, Premiers league and etc it just sounds out of place. I mean that in the nicest and least sexist way possible.

I don't understand plenty of things;

Like why weed is illegal (in most countries) but people can still drink alcohol which is proven to be worse.

Why Australia day has to be called Citezen day now because of the people living in our country, even though IT'S AUSTRALIA!

And why Basketballers/Footballers/Soccer players have to run long distances (like 5kms) time trials when they would never run that far without a break in a game and short distance training would be most benefitted. Like fair enough it's good to get fit but 5k time trials is ridiculous. Plenty of better ways to get fit.

Edit: Also girl commentators. I'm not trying to be sexist here but if you heard a woman commentator doing the NBA it just sounds wrong, fair enough for WNBA but when it comes to AFL, Premiers league and etc it just sounds out of place. I mean that in the nicest and least sexist way possible.

I listened to a lady commentator during a OKC Thunder game once. Once I got over the initial shock of it it wasn't bad at all. I would probably have an issue if it was color, but only because I expect color to be a former player, which is clearly impossible for a woman in the NBA. Doing play-by-play, no problem.

I listened to a lady commentator during a OKC Thunder game once. Once I got over the initial shock of it it wasn't bad at all. I would probably have an issue if it was color, but only because I expect color to be a former player, which is clearly impossible for a woman in the NBA. Doing play-by-play, no problem.

Really? I find annoying just hearing a lady go over the highlights hey. To me it just sounds out of place. Must be just me though.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back