Things I Don't Understand

Ask a man for his ID and he pulls out his wallet and has it in about a second. Ask a woman and she pulls out a stack of cards four inches deep with her ID buried somewhere in the middle. Why doesn't she have a specific place for her ID and what are all those other cards?

Ask a man for his ID and he pulls out his wallet and has it in about a second. Ask a woman and she pulls out a stack of cards four inches deep with her ID buried somewhere in the middle. Why doesn't she have a specific place for her ID and what are all those other cards?

Something similar: my grandmother had FOUR bags on her when I took her to a train station. Not luggage mind you. Just bags. One had her keys, money holder etc in it. I called it a purse, resulting in a five minute argument. WHAT DIFFERENCE DOES IT MAKE???

Well obviously those are savings cards for all the grocery stores they have to visit.

I just find it odd that women take an hour to get in and out of their cars whenever they park or leave. I waited 15 minutes at a Walmart for a parking space for a woman to load up her car with a few items and leave.

Speaking of parking spaces, why do people wait for someone to vacate a parking space when there is an empty one a few spaces away? The amount of time they wait for the space to be vacated is usually more than the amount of time it would take them to walk from the further space. People act like getting a close parking space is some sort of accomplishment.

I just find it odd that women take an hour to get in and out of their cars whenever they park or leave. I waited 15 minutes at a Walmart for a parking space for a woman to load up her car with a few items and leave.

I'm calling you out;)

Someone is driving in the left lane when he approaches and intersection where he realizes he is supposed to turn right. He stops and disrupts traffic to work his way to the right. Why? Why not just continue straight and safely turn around at the next available place? It’s not like there is only one chance to make that turn and if it’s missed you’re out of luck.

As a commuter that frequently drives in unfamiliar territories, it's pretty much because we don't know how soon that safe turnaround is going to come. Sometimes it's pretty quickly, but if you're on a high way or a major road that doesn't have many places to turn off, it could be another 5 minutes away or something, which would make a 10 minute trip just to turn around. Cutting people off like that is a dick move, but sometimes it's simply necessary.

That said, I don't do that. I just figure out where I'm going before I have to make a decision like that. If I do wind up in the wrong place, I wait for the opportunity to make my move safely.

As a commuter that frequently drives in unfamiliar territories, it's pretty much because we don't know how soon that safe turnaround is going to come. Sometimes it's pretty quickly, but if you're on a high way or a major road that doesn't have many places to turn off, it could be another 5 minutes away or something, which would make a 10 minute trip just to turn around. Cutting people off like that is a dick move, but sometimes it's simply necessary.

That said, I don't do that. I just figure out where I'm going before I have to make a decision like that. If I do wind up in the wrong place, I wait for the opportunity to make my move safely.

[youtube]QKcSZfY1sf4[/youtube]

I can understand it on the highway. Still a dick move and potentially dangerous but I can see how panic can set in on an unfamiliar highway. Doing it out on the regular roads is just unacceptable no matter how unfamiliar you are with the area. There's always a safe place to turn around coming right up.

Something similar: my grandmother had FOUR bags on her when I took her to a train station. Not luggage mind you. Just bags. One had her keys, money holder etc in it. I called it a purse, resulting in a five minute argument. WHAT DIFFERENCE DOES IT MAKE???

I thought I'd trained you in this!!

Okay, the Gucci thing you bought me - PURSE. It holds money, debit cards, store cards and a photo. The bigger thing I keep my purse in, that I buy 20 a week of? That's a BAG.

Things I don't understand:
Why KB doesn't understand the above concept.

Why people say 'I don't mean to be racist/sexist/offensive BUT *Insert racist, sexist, offensive comment*.

How people can be late repeatedly for the same journey. JUST SET OFF EARLIER.

Why complaining about one religion is okay, but another is 'Islamophobic' or whichever religion people are discussing.

How men can carry so little.

Why I can wear trousers to schools but men can't wear skirts/dresses.

I can understand it on the highway. Still a dick move and potentially dangerous but I can see how panic can set in on an unfamiliar highway. Doing it out on the regular roads is just unacceptable no matter how unfamiliar you are with the area. There's always a safe place to turn around coming right up.

They are probably too busy with their cell phone to their ear to pay attention and think clearly. :)

With all the money in the NBA and all of the technology with IPads and such, how come NBA coaches still use dry-erase markers and boards?

I thought I'd trained you in this!!

Okay, the Gucci thing you bought me - PURSE. It holds money, debit cards, store cards and a photo. The bigger thing I keep my purse in, that I buy 20 a week of? That's a BAG.

Things I don't understand:
Why KB doesn't understand the above concept.

Why people say 'I don't mean to be racist/sexist/offensive BUT *Insert racist, sexist, offensive comment*.

How people can be late repeatedly for the same journey. JUST SET OFF EARLIER.

Why complaining about one religion is okay, but another is 'Islamophobic' or whichever religion people are discussing.

How men can carry so little.

Why I can wear trousers to schools but men can't wear skirts/dresses.

1. They're purses. Period.

2. Because it's overly complicated, like you.

3. There's a difference between one trip and the next, like traffic or REALLY STUPID LIGHTS.

4. Because putting phobic at the end of something is now the polite way of describing a criticism. My uncle doesn't like gay people, but he's not afraid of them.

5. Because men are organized.

6. Because most people don't like seeing that much hair. Also because whenever the whole women's lib thing happened, it meant so that women can get away with stuff men aren't allowed to do, because women can get away with whatever they want, like never making sense.

Why do people consider drinking a shot of alcohol to be some kind of bonding experience? If I’m at a bar with you I will not feel any sort of special bond with you because we happen to take a drink at the same time. Even if I were to humor you why does my drink have to be alcoholic? Why can’t I just have a “shot” of water? What do you care what’s in my glass? I don’t get offended when we go to McDonalds and you get a Sprite when I get a Coke.

I think it's because some people get an irrational anger when their calls/texts aren't answered right away, because they think whoever they're trying to contact is just ignoring them.

This: completely this.

Last night I got 3 phone calls in a row from a coworker when I was attending the Flyers (NHL) game in Philadelphia. 3 times it took me before I get a text to her saying "I'm at the hockey game with a friend, even if i could answer, you couldn't hear me"

In fairness, after she texted me her problem (I'm her supervisor, and technically was obligated to be on call last night, even if not in the office) I understand why she was in need of my assistance, but the fact is, when i didn't answer the first call, she should have texted me instead of keeping it going

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back