The X Division: Do You Care?

filthyanimalz

Pre-Show Stalwart
Even though I was disappointed in TNA with their first few shows not focusing on the X division after last night's show I find myself not caring as much. The show was pretty good from start to finish wether it be the returning Beer Money, the confrontation between Lashley and Angle or the excellent Last Man Standing main event. I am sure that TNA will rebuild the X division as they have signed some phenomenal talents in Trevor Lee, Andrew Everett and Pepper Parks to feud with the likes of Tigre Uno, Mandrews and the ever improving DJZ but I find myself for now preferring that the X division focuses on quality of matches and not quantity. I would like to know what others think they should do with the X division, should they focus on it more or does it no longer matter.

I really miss the X-Division. Not anything against the rest of the Roster, but I've always enjoyed the X-Division, and the Destination X ppv was one that I always ordered. I was so excited back around (I THINK, someone else probably remembers better than I) 2008 there were talks about Spike giving TNA another 1 hour time slot for a Knockouts/X-Division show. I got so stoked. At the time, those were the best things about TNA, and the roster was so full, that it seems like X-Division stars worked every other week.

I think with the right push, and storylines, the X-Division can be great again. I'd love to see it go back to the old belt. Never really liked the new one, and then when they painted it green it looks too much like it would be in GFW.

I know it seems a reach with the switching of cable channels that TNA has had, but I do hope that at some point they can do well enough ratings-wise to have another hour show dedicated to the X-Division and Knockouts. I'd watch it.

IMO the X division was the best wrestling anywhere in the world from the mid to late 2000's but it was that good it just couldn't get any better and the only way for the division to go was down. That being said it is pretty sad to see how far down it actually went but I am still looking forward to some Xcellent (see what I did there) X division matches in the future.

I think the X-Division has missed some personality and intrigue, Tigre Uno for example, his character has never really developed.

Think back to Alex Shelley, Petey Williams etc. what those guys couldn't sell on the mic they sold in the ring.

The good thing is that they appear to be rebuilding with Trevor Lee, Pepper Parks, Shyron & Everett when he comes back from injury.

Maybe a return of a veteran like Shelley would help as well.

I think the X-Division has missed some personality and intrigue, Tigre Uno for example, his character has never really developed.

Think back to Alex Shelley, Petey Williams etc. what those guys couldn't sell on the mic they sold in the ring.

The good thing is that they appear to be rebuilding with Trevor Lee, Pepper Parks, Shyron & Everett when he comes back from injury.

Maybe a return of a veteran like Shelley would help as well.

Can we actually say for sure that Shynron and Parks are sticking around?

I agree, they're lacking personality and intrigue, but this has been a slow, steady decline for years, since Joe, Daniels and Styles, among others, all graduated out of the XD years ago. TNA never really had the prospects behind any of them to re-stock the cupboards.

I'm not sure they do right now, either. Even with some of these guys coming in. There's not a lot of built-in equity in any of these guys, so TNA is starting from scratch in a lot of ways.

To be honest, I loved X-Division and just watched TNA because of this division. Chris Sabin, Alex Shelley, Suicide, Amazing Red, Austin Aries etc were my favorite guys and their match quality was awesome. I have watched and rewatched Best of X-Division, Best of Motor City Machine Guns etc series as i loved them alot.

For future, They renovate this division with a mix of young and veteran talents. :blush:

EDIT-Yes! I care alot about this divison.

:devil:

Personally, I don't care about the X-Division anymore. Like KB (I believe) said, they have the same four or five guys taking part in multi-man matches for the majority of the year, with little to no story or build-up... Then as they approach towards Destination-X, the X-Division title suddenly starts getting a lot of focus, thanks to "Option-C." Once the show is over, it's back to the same routine. They need to give the title scene actual storylines and feuds, it's pro wrestling after all. The competitors also need to have strong characters that set them apart, and also some ring presence. A bunch of athletic, lightweight guys doing their thing, doesn't cut it for me. I need more than that.
Back in the day, you had Jay Lethal doing the Black Machismo shtick, his friend (later enemy) Sonjay Dutt, Alex Shelley and Chris Sabin, Johnny Devine from Team 3D, Jimmy Rave from Rock n Rave Infection, Homicide from LAX, Shark Boy, Suicide, the Amazing Red, Daniels, Low Ki/Senshi for a while, even AJ Styles before that. It's not even close to that now. The X-Division is a shell of its former glory.

Can we actually say for sure that Shynron and Parks are sticking around?

Don't think it's been announced but apparently TNA were impressed by Shynron at the last tapings, so hopefully they do get him on board.

Ciampa isn't signed to WWE yet, he would be a good fit in the X-Division as well.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back