The Worst WWE Champion?

• Thread starter D-X #1 S*ck 1t C1ub
  • Start date
Bob Backlund in his 2nd title run vs Bret Hart was absolutely horrible. I truly believe bret's legacy was tarnished by the guys the WWE put him against: backlund, Skinner, Isaac Yankum, Yokozuna, Jerry Lawler, etc.
As for the belts: I'm against any personalized title, whether it be edge's, cena's, or austin's. A title is like the American Flag. Could you imagine if each President of the US got to change the American Flag? The title belt represents all the wrestlers, the industry, and the history of those who have held and fought for the title before. ANY individual title is another one of the WWE's crappy make money schemes, and is an ABSOLUTE DISGRACE to wrestling. This is nothing against Cena, Austin, or Edge, they are just the puppet that Vince uses to make money on merchandise. If this idea would have been around in the 80's, Hogan would have had a Red and Yellow belt with a tore T-shirt on it. Trust me!

Edge sucks as being WWE Champion. He should just stay being the annoying, rat face, big chin, horrible hair, overatted person in the backgroung. He can go to SmackDown and be WHC. He isn't WWE Champion material. THe End

shayx said:
The worst wwe/world heavyweight champions are:
Yokozuna
Diesel
Sid
Big Show
JBL
Batista
Booker T

i dont agree with this list because most of the bigger guys arent good wrestlers n rarely produce great matches. as far as booker t i totally disagree with that because he is a 6 time whc. him n benoit had a great fued 4 that title in the last days of wcw and both of them more than deserved that belt his reign now hasnt been the greatest but it hasnt been the worst either because i think the whole king gimmick is great n he really doesnt have any good competion on sd!. batista isnt 100%, lashley n kennedy arent ready to win the belt, no1 wants to see rey get the belt back.

u cant put kane into this argument because he wasnt supposed to win that match austin actually got busted open when he wasnt supposed to.

some people mite not like what im about to say but i think chris jericho was the worst wwe champion. in a situation where the wwe could have picked austin, the rock, or hhh to be the first undisputed champion they picked JERICHO. wwe clearly dropped the ball on this one. yea he deserved to be wwe champion but he should have beat cena at sumerslam '05. jericho really was one of the most boring champions ever!

omg is this guy for real he jus said the ultimate warrior was a goood champion,and he said hulk hogan wasnt a good champion...do u even watch wrestling....in my opinion vince was the worst champion

worst WWE champion has gotta be Kane...I know people may think Kane should be champ and could have a nice reign now but the fact is that his Reign as Champ was the worst but...worst World Heayweight Champion would have to be David Arquitte....for obvious reasons

For the last time, the worst WWE Champion is not John Cena. He is really not that bad in the ring. RVD is sorely overrated, and he was the worst champion. His title run had absolutely no merit. At least when Slaughter had the belt it was to build Hogan back up. At least when Jericho held the belt, WWE was waiting on a recovering Triple H to claim the gold at WrestleMania. You see, these guys' runs at least had some significance. RVD's was used simply to boost ECW's return to TV. He was boring and nobody really cared about him being the champ.

figure4 said:
For the last time, the worst WWE Champion is not John Cena. He is really not that bad in the ring. RVD is sorely overrated, and he was the worst champion. His title run had absolutely no merit. At least when Slaughter had the belt it was to build Hogan back up. At least when Jericho held the belt, WWE was waiting on a recovering Triple H to claim the gold at WrestleMania. You see, these guys' runs at least had some significance. RVD's was used simply to boost ECW's return to TV. He was boring and nobody really cared about him being the champ.

yeah RVD is boring, have you ever seen any of his matches. Plus he was the best of this era never to hold a world title so he deserved it.

I don't think Cena is the worst champion but he is certainly not one of the best

mabuza said:
What criteria are you guys using to determine the worst champ? Because if we are talking actual wrestling ability,then Steve Austin was one of the crappiest.If we are talking personality,then even Batista would get my vote.But both these guys got decent pops when they were champs.So if we talking about a champ who was talented all round, but was just a bore,I have to go with Chris Beniot.
what Benoit a bore!!!!
adn Austin could wrestle, ever see any of his matches with bret hart, or Steamboat in WCW, he just became a brawler because thats what his was much better suited for but he still had awesome matches with roclk, HHH, taker
benoit, foley. Batista on the other hand is and always was trash. HE is certainly one of the worst along with Cena. Whats up with all the edge hating is it just little kids. Edge has become the total package. Teh worst champ of all time had to be Kane, although i like him but it was just for a day, adn that cant be taken seriously, also vince, Sgt., and im surprised onbody has really mentioned him yet
MICk Foley

it was hard to understand but did you say foley was a bad champion? bullshit. he was one of my favorites. he's great on the mic and can put on a great show any night

When I prevoiusly posted that I thought Bob Backland was a bad champion, I meant in a entertainment since. I personally think he has great wrestling abilities. Along the lines of Bret hart. But as far as todays standards go, thats why I said him. Overall, I dont think there has been a bad champion in wrestling history. Every title holder has brought something different to the product. It may have seem pointless at the time but ALL OF THEM supported some kinda of storyline that climaxed to a epic ending

i have to say it would be RVD. he didn't have the title very long. i am a john cena fan but i have to admit that edge was a great champion. he would have been a better one if he didn't have that ho bag lita around him all the time. I would love for the WWE to turn Edge face and have John Cena a heel while he is the champion on Raw.

figure4 said:

Wrong

The ECW fans went wild when RVD won the title.

P.S. i cared

Oh god I almost forgot about Mick Foley. I block his championships out of my memory due to the stench. The only talent Mick has is perseverance to keep getting his ass kicked night after night. We all complain about Cena and Edge not having wrestling talent, I would pay to see those two over watching Foley. The man has never worked out, He is HORRIBLE on the mic. He rambles and rambles and rambles! His finishing move is sticking his finger down someone's throat! Otherwise he's good at falling off or onto things! I hate Cena, but at least he can pick up big show for the F-U! Don't ever come back again Foley!

Even though I love the guy, I would have to say Kane was the worst....he held the belt for about 12 hours. I hope he gets another championship run for a longer time

My vote will have to go to Cena. I feel he need to improve on his wrestling skill and lastly his mic have been bad.

cena's belt is ulgy it doesnt match any other wrestler but cena n his hole rap gimmick it looks dumb on every body else

mtrhd said:
agreed, but i think he deserves another chance
wrong! just b cuz he didnt have the oppurtunity to keep ti doesnt mean he`s the worst champ,it means he had a bad riegn,kane`d be the best champ

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back