The Weekly Show With Jon Stewart! - MNR LD 2/3/15

That was lame. I dig the IC title stuff a lot, and I can get down with Cena/Rusev because it's something different, but the main event level shit is fucking terrible. The WWE is going to have Roman somehow coming out on top every single week until then. They're building a "face" with zero sympathy.

No man screw that. You can't say HE'S READY when he just got rolled up. This company has no freaking idea what they're doing this year and it's getting clearer and clearer every single week. We have Reigns losing going into Wrestlemania's main event? That's the best they have for us? No.

He just destroyed the entire Authority, so I don't think the dumb roll-up matters anyway... tho, I don't quite get what is being done with Orton-Rollins, especially with Orton, to be exact.

He just destroyed the entire Authority, so I don't think the dumb roll-up matters anyway... tho, I don't quite get what is being done with Orton-Rollins, especially with Orton, to be exact.

And Brock Lesnar hasn't or couldn't do that? Lesnar has already beaten Rollins too. They aren't making Reigns look like a threat to Lesnar, even if the loss was cheap.

That was lame. I dig the IC title stuff a lot, and I can get down with Cena/Rusev because it's something different, but the main event level shit is fucking terrible. The WWE is going to have Roman somehow coming out on top every single week until then. They're building a "face" with zero sympathy.

Tbh, the WWE lost any chance to build 'sympathy' for Reigns after what happened at the Rumble... still, I repeat. I am no more hyped for the Mania Main Event than I was coming out of Fast Lane, and that is all on WWE's booking thus far...

Oh, and I am still legit confused on the 'journey' to Orton-Rollins. That should have been quite simple to write after what happened 4 months ago... but, you know, WWE... reasons... :shrug:

He lost due to Orton and came off looking better in the end anyway, if he had beat Rollins it would have been "too predictable".

WWE logic: We make our no1 conteder lose to our Authority posterboy by making his next oponent on Wrestlemania interfere and help him win. Afterward our no1 contender destroys all Authority but executives by himself and all is good. And they wonder why everyone doesnt like their builds...

Have to love their creatives logic. Reigns hasn't taken the pin since debuting....... Lets have him start dropping matches on his road to a make or break WM..

Seriously, with this shit it leads me to believe a Rollins/Reigns double turn will happen at WM and the following Raw. Reigns is the New Corporate Champion.

Wow he can beat up Big Show, Kane, the Stooges and a beaten up Rollins, who just pinned him. What a freaking accomplishment.

And Brock Lesnar hasn't or couldn't do that? Lesnar has already beaten Rollins too. They aren't making Reigns look like a threat to Lesnar, even if the loss was cheap.

When Big Show pinned Reigns and ended his no-pin streak in Singles matches... that ended any kayfabe chance of portraying Reigns as the 'legit' "Conqueror of the Conqueror".

All I am seeing, is that WWE is confused as to how to build Reigns when his dance partner is absent, and top heels like Wyatt, Rollins and Rusev also need protection as well going into Mania... so I think the cheap loss is acceptable given the circumstances... :shrug:

I am excited for WM. Looking forward to the Andre Battle Royal, the IC match and the tag scene. The good news is my WM will likely be over a half hour into the main show.

I'm glad I wasn't provided an obviously legal link to tonight's show judging by your review title, KB.

He lost due to Orton and came off looking better in the end anyway, if he had beat Rollins it would have been "too predictable".

Also, alongwith that, take into consideration that Rollins got pinned on both RAW and Smackdown! last week, both in tag matches.

Wow, I don't get the complaints. I personally thought that was the most entertaining Raw in many weeks.

Also, alongwith that, take into consideration that Rollins got pinned on both RAW and Smackdown! last week, both in tag matches.

Too much emphasis is getting put on wins and losses in general, it's okay to complain about the content but not when you're completely ignoring the context. I'm not less excited about Reigns v Lesnar because of cheap roll up pin, him diving over the top rope is more memorable than that. Not to mention it helped continue the "Randy's trying" angle, you don't have to like it but it's not damaging at all.

My complaint is simple: this felt like throwing stuff out there for the sake of throwing it out there. These last shows should be hard sells for Wrestlemania, not wasting our time until Orton and Rollins explode (again) or Stephanie getting TV time to look like the most dominant woman in history. Oh and next week, a rapper is going to perform. Why? No real idea, but I'm sure it's supposed to make me care for Wrestlemania somehow. Yeah Stewart was shoehorned in for a celebrity appearance, but he's kind of a bigger name than Wiz Khalifa.

I have no desire to see Wrestlemania now and a lot of it has been due to how bad the build has been. This show did have some entertaining moments for sure, but my goodness it's like they're changing direction by the hour instead of charging full steam ahead to California.

Too much emphasis is getting put on wins and losses in general, it's okay to complain about the content but not when you're completely ignoring the context. I'm not less excited about Reigns v Lesnar because of cheap roll up pin, him diving over the top rope is more memorable than that. Not to mention it helped continue the "Randy's trying" angle, you don't have to like it but it's not damaging at all.

Indeed, it was.

However, 2 RAWs finished after Fast Lane... and both have been underwhelming given my expectations of the possible final card for Mania 31. I just feel that the WWE isn't doing justice to what the Final Card could be come Mania...

Wow, I don't get the complaints. I personally thought that was the most entertaining Raw in many weeks.

same here. It was an entertaining RAW, but I can certainly understand the sense of urgency people are feeling 3 weeks out now. We haven't seen Brock, Taker or Sting. The IWC frets over the build to Wrestlemania every year now.

This is why I want to do away with 4 ppvs and February's especially.

When Big Show pinned Reigns and ended his no-pin streak in Singles matches... that ended any kayfabe chance of portraying Reigns as the 'legit' "Conqueror of the Conqueror".

All I am seeing, is that WWE is confused as to how to build Reigns when his dance partner is absent, and top heels like Wyatt, Rollins and Rusev also need protection as well going into Mania... so I think the cheap loss is acceptable given the circumstances... :shrug:

I'm actually starting to think Lesnar retains. Which of course wouldn't make sense if he's leaving as it elevates no one.

Indeed, it was.

However, 2 RAWs finished after Fast Lane... and both have been underwhelming given my expectations of the possible final card for Mania 31. I just feel that the WWE isn't doing justice to what the Final Card could be come Mania...

Well I haven't been able to catch the first hour of RAW due to me attempting to be a good roommate :banghead: so I can't comment on the shows as a whole, but this is definitely a "money card" so the build, I think they think, is just icing on a cake.

I do see the general direction of the things being drawn out, but because the direction is so obvious and we're all so smart it's frustrating because for the most part we know what's going to happen. But hell half of that is our fault.

Seth Rollins is without question my favorite wrestler in WWE atm, so that's probably why I enjoyed Raw more than most. Loved the opening segment with him, loved his stuff with Jon Stewart (who IMO is the biggest star WWE has had on their show since Floyd Mayweather, excluding The Rock, and I'm just on cloud nine that Seth Rollins is the guy they pitted him against), thought the ME got off to a really slow start but picked up nicely in the end, and was genuinely surprised at the finish and dug how much ass Reigns kicked afterward.

Most else on the show was filler (outside of Steph/Cena/Axel, which I thought was great), but at this point you just got to be used to that.

I'm actually starting to think Lesnar retains. Which of course wouldn't make sense if he's leaving as it elevates no one.

I just feel bad that through all this, Reigns continues to improve in this hot seat he has been put in. I didn't expect him to be flying over the top rope at all, regardless of how athletic he is, I wonder if he could start incorporating that in some of his bigger matches at some point...

Apparently, Brock is booked for next week, so I guess that is something to look forward to with regards to the Main Event of Mania. Hopefully, it won't be a case of "too little, too late."

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back